Anyone Pulled Over by New York LEO while CCW? - Page 4

Anyone Pulled Over by New York LEO while CCW?

This is a discussion on Anyone Pulled Over by New York LEO while CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Jmac00 I learned a long time a go to never volunteer any information to Law enforcement. Cooperate without being disrepectful Answer the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone Pulled Over by New York LEO while CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    I learned a long time a go to never volunteer any information to Law enforcement. Cooperate without being disrepectful

Answer the questions they ask, but never volunteer information.

That's my policy.

I generally agree with that policy, except in this case. A hypothetical: Suppose you were stopped for an infraction, and the LEO thought there was the smell of marijuana in the car. May or may not be so, but at this point the LEO has the right to search you and the car.

Now he (or she) will find your concealed weapon, and even though it's legal, it may raise a whole bunch of other suspicions. IMHO, it's better to inform the LEO ahead of time, and that way there's no chance whatsoever of a problem down the road.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    I generally agree with that policy, except in this case. A hypothetical: Suppose you were stopped for an infraction, and the LEO thought there was the smell of marijuana in the car. May or may not be so, but at this point the LEO has the right to search you and the car.

Now he (or she) will find your concealed weapon, and even though it's legal, it may raise a whole bunch of other suspicions. IMHO, it's better to inform the LEO ahead of time, and that way there's no chance whatsoever of a problem down the road.

Bad example Jon, if they smell Pot, the LEO gun is going to come out. And if he smells it coming from my vehicle there is even a bigger problem, cause I don't do drugs.

You know why I don't do drugs? It's because you should see some the stupid things I do on fresh air, I reaally don't need drugs
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    Bad example Jon, if they smell Pot, the LEO gun is going to come out. And if he smells it coming from my vehicle there is even a bigger problem, cause I don't do drugs.

You know why I don't do drugs? It's because you should see some the stupid things I do on fresh air, I reaally don't need drugs
    Yes, maybe a poor example, but the point being, that if for whatever reason you are going to be searched, I believe it's wise to have informed ahead of time. Just my opinion, of course.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Yes, maybe a poor example, but the point being, that if for whatever reason you are going to be searched, I believe it's wise to have informed ahead of time. Just my opinion, of course.
    we all have our own way~~~~~Peace
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Nice letter except for the following statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    As you are aware NYS is a "May Issue" state unlike the rest of the country which are "Shall Issue".
    There are several states, besides New York, that are "may Issue" states. The one I live in is one of them, as is Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey and a bunch of others.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links