FL resident question about carrying at work

This is a discussion on FL resident question about carrying at work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HITCH KING You can only assume that the boss would tell you no without sitting down and asking. Would you go against ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FL resident question about carrying at work

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    You can only assume that the boss would tell you no without sitting down and asking. Would you go against your bosses wishes if he told you no firearms allowed? How long have you worked there? Do you call in sick often or are you a model employee?

Where the other business robbed during working hours or after closing?

Are you responsible to take the nightly receipts to the bank? Or Are you worried about your personal safety?

Have you hung out with your boss after hours in his home?

To DC Florida members:: Would leaving the firearm locked up in an employee locker room be allowed under the law?

You could ask Jack what not to do. J/K
    If my boss said no to the firearm, then I would definitely NOT do it. I have been there about 1.5 years and I had keratitis (bad eye infection) once, that was the only time I called in sick. I do not take money to the bank but I do carry over $3,000 to the safe every night. The only time I have hung out with the boss was in a golf tournament two seperate times.

About 3 months ago a patron at the bar pulled a gun on someone. No shots were fired but the police came. There are bar fights about twice a week. The bar is filled with a broad spectrum of low class people.

2. Remove Ads

I know the job market isn't all that hot, but maybe the best thing to do is start looking for another job, preferably in a better environment.

What other job can I make $300 a night cash while im in college?

FL has a law that employers cannot bar you from the RTKABA; however, FL law also states that you cannot carry a firearm into a place that sells alcohol for consumption on site. The exception being a restaurant of course and then you cannot be in the "bar" area.

Florida carry

Being I was the asst. "safety/security" guy at work, and my boss is also a CCW holder, we researched just how much you can restrict the employees from on-site firearm carry.
    I mentioned that the company was in a relatively "bad" part of town, and if there was a night call out because either the fire or security alarm went off, I would be packing, even so there would be LEOs on the grounds when I arrived. He said "Keep it in your car when you get there"
    On premisis, according to Fl law: (paraphrasing) "The owner of a business, or employer, can, by setting employee rules, can restrict firearms or weapons in general. This includes even going on a call in a company vehicle"
    Also, in Fl, if you have, say, a shop in the mall, you can post a sign forbiding firearms in your establishment to the general public, as well.
    Now, heres a caviet: If you carry anyway where there s a prominently visible sign, and refuse to leave, that's called "armed trespassing", a felony third.
    If you are the employers premisis, and do the same, still a felony third, with or without a permit.

Where do you tend bar? On OBT ?

Florida carry

Being I was the asst. "safety/security" guy at work, and my boss is also a CCW holder, we researched just how much you can restrict the employees from on-site firearm carry.
    I mentioned that the company was in a relatively "bad" part of town, and if there was a night call out because either the fire or security alarm went off, I would be packing, even so there would be LEOs on the grounds when I arrived. He said "Keep it in your car when you get there"
    On premisis, according to Fl law: (paraphrasing) "The owner of a business, or employer, can, by setting employee rules, can restrict firearms or weapons in general. This includes even going on a call in a company vehicle"
    Also, in Fl, if you have, say, a shop in the mall, you can post a sign forbiding firearms in your establishment to the general public, as well.
    Now, heres a caviet: If you carry anyway where there s a prominently visible sign, and refuse to leave, that's called "armed trespassing", a felony third.
    If you are the employers premisis, and do the same, still a felony third, with or without a permit.

Note: Fl passed alaw back a few months ago allowing an employee to keep a firearm in THEIR vehicle, even if they are in the employers parking lot. However, they can still ban it inside the building.

Where do you tend bar? On OBT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoak View Post
    What other job can I make $300 a night cash while im in college?
    Male stripper? J/K

Sounds like the boss is OK guy I would have a sit down and speak from the heart and phrase the question so the answers would make it more likely.

Where you scared when the guy pulled out his gun a few months ago?

What would you like me to do if somebody attempts to rob me while place your money into the safe?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    I'm not a Florida type, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    I'm not a Florida type, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
    I would not be too quick to have a dissenting opinion on this one, Agave.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2009->Ch0810->Section 08 : Online Sunshine

810.08 Trespass in structure or conveyance.--

(1) Whoever, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters or remains in any structure or conveyance, or, having been authorized, licensed, or invited, is warned by the owner or lessee of the premises, or by a person authorized by the owner or lessee, to depart and refuses to do so, commits the offense of trespass in a structure or conveyance.

(2)(a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, trespass in a structure or conveyance is a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(b) If there is a human being in the structure or conveyance at the time the offender trespassed, attempted to trespass, or was in the structure or conveyance, the trespass in a structure or conveyance is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(c) If the offender is armed with a firearm or other dangerous weapon, or arms himself or herself with such while in the structure or conveyance, the trespass in a structure or conveyance is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Any owner or person authorized by the owner may, for prosecution purposes, take into custody and detain, in a reasonable manner, for a reasonable length of time, any person when he or she reasonably believes that a violation of this paragraph has been or is being committed, and he or she reasonably believes that the person to be taken into custody and detained has committed or is committing such violation. In the event a person is taken into custody, a law enforcement officer shall be called as soon as is practicable after the person has been taken into custody. The taking into custody and detention by such person, if done in compliance with the requirements of this paragraph, shall not render such person criminally or civilly liable for false arrest, false imprisonment, or unlawful detention.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    That doesn't say anything about a sign. It says that refusing to leave while armed is illegal.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    OPEN carry

Not concealed. I am allowed as a business owner to have a holster with a firearm in plain view while in my own business if I choose to do so.
    That is what it means. The same happens when you are in your home and do not have CCW; the law allow you to carry open but not concealed.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links