Old woman killed by neighbor...

This is a discussion on Old woman killed by neighbor... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I just read the post and watched the video about the 92 year old who thwarted a robber with her faith. A similar thing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old woman killed by neighbor...

Old woman killed by neighbor...

Well, I just read the post and watched the video about the 92 year old who thwarted a robber with her faith. A similar thing happened to my grandma.

A man in his 40's stopped by my grandma one day when she was in her yard gardening...he "asked" for money and she says was very persistant. Grandma Marge says she was never scared as God was with her...she says she talked about Jesus to him and then asked for his # so her grandson could call about a possible job (that would be me). I interviewed him and he just seemed a bit "off", I have dealt with a lot of unsavery charecters and he had that vibe...so no job.

2 months later I read of this guy killing an old lady (across the street from grandma), putting her in the trunk, driving to town in her car and then going back to her house. Another neighbor was suspicious because her car was home but no answer at the door and she called the police. 911 got a tape of this guy confessing to the murder and in the background you can hear the police entering the house (he was in the basement). He got scared when the police came in and though confessing was the good thing to do.

Well, grandma moved within a few months and that guy is sitting in jail. I share only because I believe that we need to trust our senses and when something/someone does not seem right...exit stage right!

I can't for the life of me remember his name, but this happened in west Michigan about 5 years ago.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Glad your spidey sense is alive and well.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Those little "feelings" we get, sometimes, aren't always right. But they are certainly indicators that the body's underlying warning mechanism has put two-and-two together in a way that our conscious minds have not. It might only be that the situation is related in a strange way to past experiences. It might well be true danger signals, though.

Good reminder about how important it can be to not simply brush aside such feelings. Listening to one's "primitive" warning system has saved folks countless times. It will continue to do so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I hope that I never become an 'elderly' vicitm...roaming preadators look for elderly victims.
    I prefer to be the one that they misjudge.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm glad she's ok. Looks like you and her made a wise choice on staying away from this guy.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    I just read another story about a gal at a check cashing place praying with the would be robber.

I'm all about faith and winning souls for Jesus but I gotta say, praying with a man holding a gun on me just isn't what I believe I would do!

I guess the balance is an individual thing. Listen to that little voice! Glad your grandma is okay!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    To each his own. I believe that Jesus and the angels are there to welcome me home, but their intervention in earthly matters is not guaranteed.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Those little "feelings" we get, sometimes, aren't always right. But they are certainly indicators that the body's underlying warning mechanism has put two-and-two together in a way that our conscious minds have not. It might only be that the situation is related in a strange way to past experiences. It might well be true danger signals, though.

Good reminder about how important it can be to not simply brush aside such feelings. Listening to one's "primitive" warning system has saved folks countless times. It will continue to do so.
    To "piggyback" on this, sometimes we can't articulate why we feel like we do, and have no way to express it. We just know something is wrong.

That's not enough for a court of law, but I do believe that the "spidey sense" is what keeps us alive at times, if we are smart enough to listen to it. Maybe all it takes is taking note of that sense and changing one's physical position when dealing with a subject that keeps an event from materializing.

My Daddy told me a long time ago to, "listen to your gut." I have found that to be good advice. Of course some of us have a more "sensitive" gut than others.

Biker

I have a very strong Christian faith and I do believe I should save souls. I also believe that my faith with strangers is much more secure with 5 Hornady 125gr XTPs in my 642 in my pocket while preaching to a wayward soul!
    We all know the stories of people talking BGs out of their misdeeds with faith. That is we know the ones that worked. We don't know about the ones that didn't work as the evangelist is dead.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    I have a very strong Christian faith and I do believe I should save souls. I also believe that my faith with strangers is much more secure with 5 Hornady 125gr XTPs in my 642 in my pocket while preaching to a wayward soul!
    We all know the stories of people talking BGs out of their misdeeds with faith. That is we know the ones that worked. We don't know about the ones that didn't work as the evangelist is dead.
    yeah last time i check Christ told his followers to carry swords if they carried their wallets
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

I agree. Rabbi Yeshua ben Miriam, the Nazarene, taught tolerance and forgiveness but he did not teach that you have to lay down and die for a criminal.

I see no conflict in being an armed Christian.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I hope that I never become an 'elderly' vicitm...roaming preadators look for elderly victims.
    I prefer to be the one that they misjudge.
    This was no roaming predator! He knew his victom and knew her very well. She had been helping him in various ways for months. He knew her and that is what is such a grim reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Not to be nit-picky, but man doesn't "save souls". We do the introductions and God does the soul saving.

But I knew what you meant.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Not to be nit-picky, but man doesn't "save souls". We do the introductions and God does the soul saving.

But I knew what you meant.
    DIDO...

I am totally depraived and capable of no good without Christ my savior. It is only though the work of the Holy Spirit that others can see salvation...but it is simple...believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!

I know that this is not a forum for spiritual discussion...but I find it relevant to the topic at hand. I can witness to a "stranger", I can NOT change them, if the good Lord has not choosen them and they choose to attempt harm on others...I will act to stop them from harming others.

Like many people I'm a religious person. However, I do recognize that in order for some people to be "saved" they need to have a face to face talk with their creator.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links