Good News about FL non-resident permit in LA

This is a discussion on Good News about FL non-resident permit in LA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When your constitutional rights and the rights of the rich to not be taxed clash: LA et al are playing this tax game with CCW ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good News about FL non-resident permit in LA

njr
    When your constitutional rights and the rights of the rich to not be taxed clash: LA et al are playing this tax game with CCW holders, particularly screwing those in states without 2nd amendment rights b/c they want more money, and they don't want Chauncy Fauntelroy to have to give up his third yacht. Typical corporate party politicians.
    By the forests, behind the guns/In the streets and in the houses/Between the tanks, by the roadside/At the hands of the men, of the women, of the children/In the cold, in the dark, in hunger....

Bertolt Brecht, "To The German Soldiers In The East", stanza 9.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    I'm with you on that; I'd rather not open carry, but would in a heart beat, if denied concealed carry. I live in Waskom, Texas and am in Shreveport/Bossier a lot; the area's crime rate is just too high to be unarmed. Shreveport is pretty carry friendly, but Bossier City needs an enema in their city government. Their River Board Walk doesn't even allow off duty LEO's to carry on premises!
    Luckily their rules aren't legally binding, I just carry anyway and grin at any Bossier Police officers that I see Either way, I try to spend as little time at the Board Walk as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by metallic View Post
    Luckily their rules aren't legally binding, I just carry anyway and grin at any Bossier Police officers that I see Either way, I try to spend as little time at the Board Walk as possible.

Please fill me in on this; me being from Texas, I wasn't sure if the sign at the board walk was binding or not and I wasn't willing to spend a night in jail to find out.
    John Luttrell

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    Please fill me in on this; me being from Texas, I wasn't sure if the sign at the board walk was binding or not and I wasn't willing to spend a night in jail to find out.
    I too would like to know. I cannot find anything on the LA state website stating specific sinage like Texas does (30.06). I forgot to ask the LT at LSP when I had him on the phone the other day.
    I do have his e-mail though.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links