Worse than waiting for Christmas

This is a discussion on Worse than waiting for Christmas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I applied for my CCW Permit in Mississippi two weeks ago. I've got my glock 26 sitting here, with pinky extensions, spare 15 round mag, ...

Thread: Worse than waiting for Christmas

Worse than waiting for Christmas

I applied for my CCW Permit in Mississippi two weeks ago. I've got my glock 26 sitting here, with pinky extensions, spare 15 round mag, and my MTAC holster shipped yesterday.

This wait is killing me! I feel like a 7 year old waiting for my bb gun present on Christmas. Did you all experience the same "CCW Wait Anxiety?"

2. Remove Ads

I'm experiencing it right now. I submitted my app about 5 weeks ago... I've still got 6 or 7 weeks to go. I've got my XD9 sc right here in the safe on my night-stand and my Crossbreed SuperTuck sitting right next to it. I'm trying not to count the days thinking maybe they will go by faster.

Don't worry, 12 months from now it will be old hat for you. Enjoy the anticipation.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Make good use of your waiting time by carrying around the house, deciding on how to carry and choosing the right garments. Then, you'll be ready for the Wally Walk!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Man! I know the feeling. Been waiting since August 25th and i still have about 30 days to wait.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Then, you'll be ready for the Wally Walk!
    Waiting on mine also but You couldn't get me to go to WW with a gun to my head....

I understand your 'hating the waiting', but at least you have a great gun keeping you company.

Hang in there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Know the feeling, been a long time, but I can still remember checking the mail box everyday and expecting to see the seal on the letter.... Ah yes, the waiting game. Hang in there, it's coming. Congrats by the way and nice choice G26, you gotta fine pistol there. It'll serve you well.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Definitely know the feeling, but I only had to wait 20 days, so it wasn't that bad.

Here's to a quick application process.

Congrats...i pretty much have the exact same setup but a G27.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I know the feeling. Been waiting 8 weeks so far on mine. They told me it would be 4-6 weeks, but oh well. With the number of people getting permits these days I'm sure they can't keep up with demand.

VIP Member
    It's a shame for that G26 to be collecting dust while you wait. Take it to the range and shoot it!

VIP Member
    Know the feeling. Every now and then it comes back after I order a gun, too.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    It's a shame for that G26 to be collecting dust while you wait. Take it to the range and shoot it!
    Oh I've put about 400 rounds through it while waiting

in case any floridians are on this forum. florida has a 90 day max but they get to count 10 days mailing to them and 10 mailing back. they can also choose to find a small fault on your app. and therefore extend the time period.

in florida the dept of agriculture issues weapons permits. so the quickest way to get a permit is to call your closest dept of ag and set up an appointment. it took one week to get an appt. once there i did all the paperwork online, electronically did the finger prints and photo. didnt cost anything more than the price stated by florida.

this actually saves money since you dont have to spend 10 bucks on a photo or 5 bucks on the locals fingerprinting you on a card.

time to get permit to my door after my appointment. 6 days including the weekend days.

so i three weeks i went from taking a class to getting my permit by doing it at the dept of ag office at no extra cost.

Links