Just when I think I've figured it out (CCW)

This is a discussion on Just when I think I've figured it out (CCW) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You may be better off using some sort of fanny pack that does not affect the clothing choice. There are many different styles and colors ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just when I think I've figured it out (CCW)

Smile

You may be better off using some sort of fanny pack that does not affect the clothing choice. There are many different styles and colors so you could match it up reasonably well. Concealed carry is a challenge for all of us. I would like to carry more firepower than my 5 shot 357 but it is the only weapon that I have found comfortable carry options for so far. I am trying to avoid two separate wardrobes, one for CC and one that fits well when not CCing.

Good luck.
    Armydad

2. Remove Ads

Pheobe,

This is not written from a sexist perspective, only an ignorant one (since I don't usually wear a dress)...

Do you regularly carry a purse? If that is an option, get something to keep the mag free from lint and other stuff...

You will just have to convert to the jeans and flannel shirt look!!
    Bill
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

No one has mentioned this yet so I will.

Some women can conceal items under their blouse or within their bra sufficiently.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

Don't know if you've looked at Kellogg yet. I haven't tried them myself, but a few friends have with high praises.
    Anyway they have a clip on IWB holster that holds a spare clip and they will make it to your specifications.
    Kellogg Custom Leather - Holsters for Concealed Carry
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Quote Originally Posted by billpocz View Post
    Pheobe,

This is not written from a sexist perspective, only an ignorant one (since I don't usually wear a dress)...

Do you regularly carry a purse? If that is an option, get something to keep the mag free from lint and other stuff...

You will just have to convert to the jeans and flannel shirt look!!
    Bill
    *g*

Have you ever seen a woman rummaging through her purse to find something?!

"Oh hey, bad guy, hold still. I just can't find the full mag. Do you mind waiting a moment?"

LOL!

I suppose I could find A purse pocket and keep it there, but it would be a last resort!

Quote Originally Posted by LSCurrier View Post
    No one has mentioned this yet so I will.

Some women can conceal items under their blouse or within their bra sufficiently.

Luke
    Crazily enough, that's not a bad idea. Thank you. (And, the idea amuses me, which gives it an extra +1) :-)

You don't HAVE to carry a spare magazine. A lot of people carry a single gun and no spare mag. Reason being they are confident in their gun and it's reliable enough to never fail for them so they don't feel the need to have the spare as they aren't going to be going to war.

I like to carry a spare mag, but I don't think it's necessary for everyone.

As for your belt options, have you checked out some of the belts offered by The Belt Man? They do have belts that aren't all big and tough looking. A lot of leather makers could probably accomidate something for you that does not look whatsoever like it's designed for duty.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    *g*

Have you ever seen a woman rummaging through her purse to find something?!

"Oh hey, bad guy, hold still. I just can't find the full mag. Do you mind waiting a moment?"

LOL!

I suppose I could find A purse pocket and keep it there, but it would be a last resort!
    Heya Phoebe

I understand what you mean about compromise. I was unwilling to change my style of dress and my wife was as well. It was easier for me being a man but a bit more difficult for her. Here is what I did for her to solve the spare mag problem.

I bought a cheap uncle mikes nylon mag carrier from a local store. I then cut it up a bit trimming off the flap and trimmed it down so it wasnt as tall. I then took the mag pouch and purse to my mom. She sewed the mag pouch to the inside linning of the outer most pocket of her purse. She just makes sure not to put to many items in that pocket. She has practiced speed reloads and it seems pretty effective. Not quite as fast as having the mag on your body but is still better then having no spare mag at all.

Hope this helps!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Women's dress slacks rarely will accommodate anything thicker than a 1/2" belt. Many don't have belt loops at all.

If I could wear jeans all the time, it would work.

And having a nice looking gun belt would be useful for the range and for jean days. So I will look into that, but overall I don't think a belt can work EDC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    Women's dress slacks rarely will accommodate anything thicker than a 1/2" belt. Many don't have belt loops at all.

If I could wear jeans all the time, it would work.

And having a nice looking gun belt would be useful for the range and for jean days. So I will look into that, but overall I don't think a belt can work EDC for me.
    Do you mean wider than 1/2" or thicker? Because my Gun belt is 1/4" thick (less than 1/2") but it's 1.5" wide. Obviously I have some clothing that doesn't work for my gun belt as well. I have some more dressy slacks and what I like to call Golfer Shorts that won't work with a belt that wide. I could use a gun belt that isn't so wide but then I'd have to get a new holster as well.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

If you wear a jacket, you probably could wear a shoulder holster, if you're big busted you could probably hide a large pistol in the holster (check cornered cat for draw technique that doesn't sweep your arm)

or if you wear those billowy skirts sometimes (not those form-fitting ones) you could get the thigh holsters and mag carriers...
    Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine Class of 2013

How about an ankle carrier?

KAHR ARMS ONLINE SHOP

I would feel so James Bond with a thigh holster or ankle holster! But practically speaking, I can't imagine either being comfy or practical. But a thigh holster still sounds kind of hot! Maybe some day.

cmdrdredd, I mean wide.

Agent47, in the cooler weather, I can do so much more. But in hot weather, no jacket!!

Rollo, someone told me if I can't find anything, he'd custom make me something. Yay!

Phoebe,
    Many holster manufacturers make in the waitband magazine holders that would work just the way your holster does. You should be able to wear it right next to the holster if it's comfortable.

Sig Man
    Last edited by Sig Man; October 25th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.

Here's one, just get it with the slimline clip. My wife actually wears the Silent Thunder Holster with the slimline without a belt. Works great.

Single IWB Magazine Pouch
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links