Wifes First Day of CC (including WWW)

Wifes First Day of CC (including WWW)

This is a discussion on Wifes First Day of CC (including WWW) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife received her CHP today (about 2 1/2 week wait), after months of her wanting to get it, but procrastinating on the paperwork. We ...

Talking Wifes First Day of CC (including WWW)

My wife received her CHP today (about 2 1/2 week wait), after months of her wanting to get it, but procrastinating on the paperwork.

We were going out for the afternoon, and after some cajoling she agreed to carry (a little hesitant, as her only 'carry' experience is wondering anxiously if there are any leftover guns in my truck that a LEO might find when she borrows it (there rarely are any, but whatever)). Nonetheless, she did quite willingly agree to try carrying, and it turned out to be quite a positive and uneventful experience.

I tried to get her to wear the CZ40P that she prefers greatly to my Glocks (thinner grip and no awkwardly spaced 'finger grooves'), but it proved a bit too large for her current wardrobe (needs looser shirts or a jacket). Instead she took my KT P3AT and pocketed it in her rain jacket with my DeSantis Nemesis (since she had a jacket on, she could have worn the CZ, I think she just felt it was too big and would be obvious on her small self).

We drove a ways up the road to a well known gun shop (I was meeting a friend to trade some ammo and look for reloading gear) so we walked around in there a few minutes. No one looked at her twice and she seemed very relaxed.

We then stopped by the new Wally World on the way back to town, where we bought some .40 and .44 ammo (BTW the sporting goods people are reporting large, frequent, regular shipments of all ammo, but selling out within hours, PM me if you're in N.VA and want to know where I'm talking about). After ammo buying, she went and looked at sheets and curtains for the new house, but decided to leave because she didn't want me to carry the 'big' bag of ammo around too long (or that's what she said). We finished the day off with a trip to the 'Irish shop' to look at wool coats (where the proprietor was far too helpful, but didn't notice anything unusual, despite her constant proximity) and the local Ice Cream mecca (it was cold and rainy, but they are just too good).

Overall, a great day, no frightened women and children, no ERT responses, and a very relaxed and calm new carrier. Now I just need to get her to attend some more in-depth training and put together a wardrobe/carry system that she will use regularly.

Congrats on the WWW.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

RMS
    Congratulations to your wife.

She did good. Congrats!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Good deal and the Irish shop. I like that.

I love it! i already told my wife that when i get my CWP im goin to wal mart! she asked me why? and i told her because it seems like EVERYBODY is doin it! seems like the wally world is the place for every new CWP holder goes to get the jitters out!.. But anyhow Congrats on the Successful Carry!!

Congrats...Here's hoping many days of carrying until far into the future
    XD40SC

Good going, its a start. I've tried for years with my wife, but it's just no good. She's just not into CC.

Congrats to your wife on the permit. If she's at least carrying the KT, that's better than nothin at all. Take her and let her pick out her own pistol and she'll most likely carry more often.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on the WW Trek, now tell your wife to get her Wally World Trek application in the mail today so she can get her certificate.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Congrats to the Mrs.
    Take her shopping for some new carry clothes, pronto
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member

CONGRATS to you both, good job
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

To the Mrs!

Great work. Nice to have some backup out there.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Links