Carried to restaurant that Serves Alcohol - Page 2

Carried to restaurant that Serves Alcohol

This is a discussion on Carried to restaurant that Serves Alcohol within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks Hokiebird. Appreciate it. Floyd Originally Posted by Hokiebird No it is currently illegal in Va to conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. Bills ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carried to restaurant that Serves Alcohol

Thanks Hokiebird. Appreciate it.

Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiebird View Post
    No it is currently illegal in Va to conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. Bills to allow this passed our state congress TWICE and vetoed by our governor TWICE. However there is hope, both of the candidates for gov support those bills. I believe we will see this bill pass in a couple years

You should open carry next.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fwellers View Post
    I read something a while back about Virginia changing that law so that we can CC in restaurants too. Does anyone know if they've done that yet ?

Thanks,
    floyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiebird View Post
    No it is currently illegal in Va to conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.... I believe we will see this bill pass in a couple years
    Hokiebird has it right.

However, we can't assume (we all know what that means) anything.

See:

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.

Politicians, at all levels, are know to not "walk the talk", once elected.

Also, politicians, at all levels, are known to vote for a bill they know will be vetoed, so as to avoid the wrath of some voters on key issues.

We have had politicians vote for this measure, yet turnaround and vote against the veto override.

Anyone in Virginia who wants this bill and other Pro-RKBA bills signed needs to get active.

See you at VCDL's Lobby day in January.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Ya right about that Dave! My wife's the town clerk for a localmunicipality and as such works for the councilmembers. They all do that crap all the time.

So what does the general person do about these carry issues here, besides join NRA ?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fwellers View Post
    Ya right about that Dave! My wife's the town clerk for a localmunicipality and as such works for the councilmembers. They all do that crap all the time.

So what does the general person do about these carry issues here, besides join NRA ?
    If you want to have an influence of Virginia politics join VCDL -- or as a minimum sign-up for our Alerts and follow through on the ones you agree with. See: Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL) and Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)

I'm not anti-NRA -- in fact I'm a life member and am active in the NRA. However, as for Virginia, VCDL is more focused and carry the fight down to the local level.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I sure wish NC would adopt this!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by OtoPA View Post
    I thought Outback's were posted by corporate.. Read it on another thread..

The Outback steakhouse in Buckeye had no signage against firearms. AZ law says it needs to be posted where it can be seen. I checked the doors, both the outer and inner doors no sign. I also went to Macaroni Grill. I had to turn down the table wine though.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Very cool. I will check them out. Gotta protect these rights of ours especially in these times.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    If you want to have an influence of Virginia politics join VCDL -- or as a minimum sign-up for our Alerts and follow through on the ones you agree with. See: Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL) and Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)

I'm not anti-NRA -- in fact I'm a life member and am active in the NRA. However, as for Virginia, VCDL is more focused and carry the fight down to the local level.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OtoPA View Post
    I thought Outback's were posted by corporate.. Read it on another thread..
    Outback is owned by OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. I have not been able to find any statement of policy for the group as to banning guns in their restaurants. I believe it is left up to the individual managers. Most Outbacks do not ban guns in their restaurants. However I believe the Fairfax VA Outback does ban them.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Congratulations! You can now do what we here in Colorado have been doing for years with no problems. Very few businesses of any kind are posted no-firearms here.

I stumbled on a list of some pro-carry and anti-carry restaurants in AZ: CCW-friendly AZ Eateries | Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    The Outback steakhouse in Buckeye had no signage against firearms. AZ law says it needs to be posted where it can be seen. I also went to Macaroni Grill. I had to turn down the table wine though.
    Glad to hear it. I'am in Goodyear and been to Black Angus and Olive Garden, so far it's good.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Well, It was the Outback in Surprise, AZ I went too and Macaroni Grill in Goodyear AZ. The Surprise Outback restaurant had no signs on the door but according to this website, Outback is NOT a pro-2nd amendment establishment. I found this link that lists Pro CCW and Anti-CCW. So here it is

CCW-friendly AZ Eateries | Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

I hope I did nothing wrong. Like I said earlier, all the doors entering the restaurant had NO signs forbidding CCW.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

cool, I'll go check out the signage, I think they are supposed to post it next to their liquor license, I'm not sure if that'd be at the door or the bar.

THE SIGN SHALL CONFORM TO THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
    1. BE POSTED IN A CONSPICUOUS LOCATION ACCESSIBLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO THE LIQUOR LICENSE POSTED ON THE LICENSED PREMISES.
    2. CONTAIN A PICTOGRAM THAT SHOWS A FIREARM WITHIN A RED CIRCLE AND A DIAGONAL RED LINE ACROSS THE FIREARM.
    3. CONTAIN THE WORDS, "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED PURSUANT TO A.R.S. SECTION 4‑229".

Both Bob McDonnell and Creigh Deeds have signed a pledge to put the restaurant carry bill to an end (this has gone through the House and Senate the last several years but failed when the Governor took a dump on it). If our reps vote the same way they have been voting for years, this will be a non-issue next year.

Isn't it a good feeling to know that your countrymen trust you to carry a weapon even in a restaurant? A restaurant! You'd think the gun would explode upon crossing the threshold!
    Springfield XD45 4" 13+1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links