Buffalo Wild Wings - Page 2

Buffalo Wild Wings

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No open carry in my local BWW's either, and no real loss as another poster said there are MUCH better wing places around....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings

No open carry in my local BWW's either, and no real loss as another poster said there are MUCH better wing places around.
    Go Hokies!!!

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    A slightly different take on the "non-binding" signage.....

Imagine a situation in which a store owner wished to have happy patrons feeling secure in their seat knowing (believing?) they were in a "gun free zone", therefore he posts a sign stating that guns are banned on the premise... Yet he/she is in fact pro-gun enough to desire that those knowledgeable of concealed handgun laws (presumably CHL holders) will realize that the sign is of no consequence and safely ignore it.

You know very well you can ignore the sign. I say "Do so!" and make it a safer place.

- Post no sign and no one "feels" safer.
    - Post a sign saying "Gun toting CHL holders welcome!" and many *many* people will feel uncomfortable (yes, sad but true).
    - Post a 30.06 sign and your just shooting yourself in the foot. (bad pun?)

Now, if you just don't like the food/service/etc... by all means, bail on it.
    TBH, if I opened a restaurant or store, I'd give CHL holders a discount upon presenting the license.

Quote Originally Posted by Condition1 View Post
    Imagine a situation in which a store owner wished to have happy patrons feeling secure in their seat knowing (believing?) they were in a "gun free zone", therefore he posts a sign stating that guns are banned on the premise... Yet he/she is in fact pro-gun enough to desire that those knowledgeable of concealed handgun laws (presumably CHL holders) will realize that the sign is of no consequence and safely ignore it.
    I say ...

(1) the owner is a fool if he thinks the sign will keep out folks who are carrying illegally.

(2) the owner is disingenuous at best, and an outright liar at worst, if he gives the impression to his customers "they were in a "gun free zone".

If I found out this were the case in a restaurant I visited, I would never return. As far as I am concerned, the owner is dishonest and doesn't deserve my business.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Here is a picture from the BWW in Onalaska, WI:

Photo was taken by one of the members at opencarry.org

The best part is that in WI you cannot carry a handgun into any place that serves alcohol for consumption. So their sign may keep a law-abiding citizen from carrying a rifle into the restaurant, but we already can't carry a handgun. All they are doing in WI is showing us that they don't support firearms and we should eat elsewhere.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

They serve alcohol, so in Ohio they're STATUTORILY barred from carry.

I'm really surprised about this, especially in Texas, where no one hasn't heard of "Luby's".

I've been in the BWW in Louisville/Superior, CO & never noticed any signs (they don't mean anything in Colo. anyway).

Come to think of it, their service wasn't that great there either.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Hello all,

I noticed a non-binding sign on the door at the Carrollton, TX location today. I did a search before writing this, as my situation is a new one.

I emailed corporate:

I'm sorry we can't do business anymore. I'll miss the food, not the service.

I respect your no guns policy - but you're misguided. The non-law abiding couldn't care less about your policy. That's what makes them criminals.

The good guys, like me, are an asset to have around, especially when we're armed. Look up Luby's, Killeen, TX for an example.

-end of email-

Any help with this organization would be appreciated. I don't know if we can turn them around, but it's better to try than do nothing.

Thanks,

Forrest
    Guess I haven't been missing anything. Try Hooters, Twin Peaks et. al. (Decent scenery at the first 2)

There isn't any establishment that makes me miss them because they don't allow me to carry. The way I look at it, with the economy the way it is, they should be bending over backwards to get new customers, not sending them away. But the owner does have the right to excerise his feelings in his establishment and I have the right to spend my money elsewhere!!!

Also remember the chain was started by a couple of naive college students, one from New York.

I happen to love the food from Buffalo Wild Wings. Unless a sign is legally enforceable (such as 30.06 or 51%), I simply ignore it.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Their wings aren't that good anyway. Try Wingstop if you have them, they are better IMO.

Feel free to let them know I don't eat at the one in Waxahachie. Its not a legal sign but its the principle of the thing.

Alex!

VIP Member
    Send their corporate office a letter (use a couple more words in it) and let them know that a few thousand folks that legally carry guns are not going to be spending any of their money there until those stupid signs come down!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    not posted here, probably don't know any better since they were required to post the TABC signs for the unlicensed possession blah blah blah

keep us posted on any replies from corporate
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I e-mailed BWW using the 'Contact Us' link on their website. I told them how they BWW across the street from me has a sign banning guns, and that WI statutes already make it illegal to carry a handgun in a place that serves alcohol. Also said that because of their sign, they are only telling people who are for carrying of handguns to go spend their money elsewhere. Here is what they said back to me:

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.
    And my quick reply back to that:

It may be in the best interest of your guests and team members to make them FEEL safe, but they will only BE safe when law-abiding citizens are armed and ready to protect themselves and everyone inside.

But I do respect your right to ban guns on your property, and I will respect your wishes by spending my money elsewhere.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Great reply logan :)

They have the Obama security plan at BW3's.....HOPE.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I'm using this link: Buffalo Wild Wings - Contact Us

In case anyone is interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links