Newbie Needs Info About Transporting and CCW

This is a discussion on Newbie Needs Info About Transporting and CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well just got my non-resident ccw [florida]. Im a nj resident but im going on vacation for 2 weeks in pa. Can i transport my ...

Thread: Newbie Needs Info About Transporting and CCW

Newbie Needs Info About Transporting and CCW

Well just got my non-resident ccw [florida]. Im a nj resident but im going on vacation for 2 weeks in pa. Can i transport my gun to pa then carry. I know nj are bad about tranporting a gun anywhere but to the range and back home.

2. Remove Ads

How are you traveling?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Yes, you can transport to PA (from your home in NJ) and carry all you want. The only places off limits in PA are courthouses, K-12 schools, Federal facilities, and prisons. Other then that you are good to go while in PA. Then obviously unload and lock up your gun upon returning to NJ then head home right away.

The federal interstate transport law protects you in carrying anywhere you can legally have a gun, to any other place you may legally have a gun. i.e. your home in NJ to the free state of PA

For the love of god, when you have your gun in the car in NJ be sure it's unloaded and locked and make haste to PA and don't stop anywhere in NJ. Once you are safely inside PA... lock and load.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete2674 View Post
    Well just got my non-resident ccw [florida]. Im a nj resident but im going on vacation for 2 weeks in pa. Can i transport my gun to pa then carry. I know nj are bad about tranporting a gun anywhere but to the range and back home.
    I'd also make sure to have your NJ FID card just in case. I'm assuming your driving, so you should be OK. If you're flying, that should be OK but the NY/NJ Port Authority(Newark airport I believe) has been notorious for disobeying FOPA and illegally detaining people.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Links