Will you carry while Trick 'R Treating?

This is a discussion on Will you carry while Trick 'R Treating? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gunfan Don't celebrate the pagan ritual. "No candy" signs on the door tell the story to the neighbors. Live with it. I ...

View Poll Results: Will you carry while Trick 'R Treating?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

301 94.06%
  • No

19 5.94%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will you carry while Trick 'R Treating?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunfan View Post
    Don't celebrate the pagan ritual. "No candy" signs on the door tell the story to the neighbors. Live with it.

I know what you mean. I used to feel that way too. However, it occurred to me that there is also a lot of good in little ones having fun, getting candy, and an event that provides a good opportunity for 'family time'. God often uses evil for Good, and I believe that this is one of those events. To shut one's self up in the house, with the lights off, deprives one of an opportunity to do good. Even if you don't believe in God, it's hard to argue that this isn't a good opportunity to love on your neighbor's kids.

As I mentioned earlier, me and my family will be out there having a wonderful time (and I'll be armed to the teeth).

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    agreed Whec, when we T or T with my son we get to meet the neighbors, their kids, etc, we don't get much of a chance to see folks in the neighborhood and hopefully be neighborly and meet new people living so close to us
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I know what you mean. I used to feel that way too. However, it occurred to me that there is also a lot of good in little ones having fun, getting candy, and an event that provides a good opportunity for 'family time'. God often uses evil for Good, and I believe that this is one of those events. To shut one's self up in the house, with the lights off, deprives one of an opportunity to do good. Even if you don't believe in God, it's hard to argue that this isn't a good opportunity to love on your neighbor's kids.

As I mentioned earlier, me and my family will be out there having a wonderful time (and I'll be armed to the teeth).
    +1

It's good to know your neighbor's and their family's. My neighbor's and I watch each others houses and pick up the papers from the driveways and hold the mail when out of town... A little added security for some neighborly chit chat and a little candy. Win win.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I am going to hand out candy in my costume, which won't allow me to carry, but I really don't feel the need to carry in my neighborhood. Will my .45 be close to the door and put away in my hutch, yes.

All guns stay at home when I go out after the kiddies are done trick or treating, b/c guns and bars are a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post

WHAT verily covering? where can I buy one of those?

looks like the finger missed the "r" in t-shirt

oops

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    +1 same here.
    Umm, another +1? I don't quite get all the 'will you be carrying when...' polls and questions.

Carrying is just not that special. Will I have my housekey? Check. Car keys? Check. Cell phone? Check. All tools for a purpose, as is my firearm.

I carry everywhere it is legal....it's as simple as that!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Of course I plan to carry. I'll do it for the children.
    Why wouldn't someone carry on Halloween? It's another day, just like the other 364.

Is there one day a year that crime takes a day off?
    100% agreement from me!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

VIP Member
    Why would I go trick or treating?
    I will carry at home.

Since I won't be at work, I'll be carrying.
    Each of us has a natural right, from God, to defend his person, his liberty, and his property.

Frederic Bastiat

I agree wholeheartedly! The only reason this holiday (Which is what it is) has such a bad rap is people's lack of participation in it. If everyone would participate it would be safe again, people pulling out and shutting their lights off change the ratio of good kids/stupid teenagers in a negative way. Halloween is NOT a pagan holiday and it does not glorify the devil. It has its older origins as well, but in that regard, Christmas is a pagan holiday as well.

Remember, the word Pagan literally means "Not Catholic". Buying into Halloween being the devil's holiday is like blindly listening to the people who say CHL holders have an 80% chance of shooting themselves.

Make it a fun holiday for the kids, buy some candy and carve a Jack-o-lantern and have a good time.

Alex!

I will also have my cell phone, wallet and glasses on. I am another who just consider it a normal day!

There is a reason why I should consider it differently?
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Will I carry while taking my kids up to peoples houses who I do not know extensively?

In a word, YES.
    Well if you anticipate trouble, why go?

Sorry but it is a celebration of a satanic practice. Jesus does not appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Umm, another +1? I don't quite get all the 'will you be carrying when...' polls and questions.

Carrying is just not that special. Will I have my housekey? Check. Car keys? Check. Cell phone? Check. All tools for a purpose, as is my firearm.
    It's just a message board among like minded folks... I can afford the time to pop in and give my thumbs up. No big deal for me.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links