Am I Printing? (Pics)

This is a discussion on Am I Printing? (Pics) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to know what you think… being 140 lbs and 6 ft 3, it is kind of hard to conceal anything on my body… ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I Printing? (Pics)

Am I Printing? (Pics)

I want to know what you think… being 140 lbs and 6 ft 3, it is kind of hard to conceal anything on my body…
    These are my 2 main methods of carry: 1st is my summer comfort IWB holster.

I don’t think that I am having too much of an issue with printing with IWB, and I also am not as worried about printing IWB because this is something that I wear just out and about.

I am more concerned with my Galco COP ankle band because this is what I am starting to wear to work (I am a server). I am also considering wearing to campus, or at least putting my G26 in my ankle band since it has a strap on it, and putting that in my backpack. With the strap buttoned in, the is no chance of my trigger guard being exposed.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Can't comment on the IWB rig; it seems to be okay but regarding the ankle carry, it doesn't matter how it looks standing becasue they all look good that way; but check it out f you're walking up steps, bending to tie your shoe with your foot on a chair, sitting in a chair, and sitting cross legged. You may think you won't cross your leg but it's easy to forget.

Also, I think the Kahr PM9 was absolutely made for ankle carry. Look's like you're packing a fat brick on your ankle and I can't imagine that it won't print under different circumstances.

I dont think you need to worry at all. I couldnt tell which ankle it was on untill I saw the picture of ur pantleg pulled up. No one's looking at their server's ankles.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Your first pic, I thought IWB at 4:00
    Ankle pic, couldn't tell.

Nice job, not too many people look at ones feet.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Looks like you're good on both accounts. I carry IWB at 3 o'clock which helps to hide the grip of the gun b/c of the way the clothing falls at the shoulder.
    We all know what to look for and where to look. Most people wouldn't give you a second look. "Carry on".

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock23MI View Post
    Looks like you're good on both accounts. I carry IWB at 3 o'clock which helps to hide the grip of the gun b/c of the way the clothing falls at the shoulder.
    We all know what to look for and where to look. Most people wouldn't give you a second look. "Carry on".
    X2

I saw the print within 10seconds on the first pic ONLY because I carry in the same spot
    also most people arn't looking at your waist for more then 2 seconds. You are fine.

Nobody has ever said anything to me just remember its back there and bend the knees and not the back if you have to pick something up.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Printing on the waist, invisible on the ankle.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    The waist is iffy, but the ankle seems fine.

I am also considering wearing to campus
    I hope you're not referring to a school campus, unless you can do so legally.

My opinion is you need a different IWB holster. Something that sits a bit lower being you are carrying a double stack gun. Or get a thinner gun for carry. The TT Mikes Special would work great.

cj
    Slight printing on the IWB, but I seriously doubt very many would look twice. Shirt looks long enough to stay covering despite stretching to me, but it's tough to tell.

More power to you if you can pull off the ankle holster! Even my limited moving around throughout the day makes that uncomfortable for me. I couldn't imagine being a server while doing that!

I was thinking 4 o’clock on the IWB. But no one much less the public (sheep) would ever notice. Believe me when I say no one will notice, when I ware a t-shirt I print more than you do because I carry OWB.

Ankle carry people give themselves away more for how they walk, than printing.

And while you think you don’t show while walking, the truth is, it takes allot of practice to master it.

And while I love my G26 from experience a smaller pistol like a 38-S&W featherweight would be a better choice for ankle carry

VIP Member
    I've found that if you were to wear a black shirt instead of a light colored shirt, that tiny bit of printing only a fellow CCWer can see would disappear! Just a thought.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

ya, I wear a black polo and blue jeans when I work.

and yes, campus carry is legal here, but if you get caught...well..

VIP Member
    I agree with everyone else. I can tell in the first pic, because you told us to look for it. No one would notice if you were out and about. Wearing a dark shirt does help a little. No one will be able to tell on the ankle, unless it shows when you sit, etc... Looks like you're good to go...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

i think the pics look fine. +1 on Thumper's suggestion a black/dark colored shirt always helps. The ankle holster looked fine. I would just try different configs and also test out the small of your back as well it disappears back there.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links