Is this about 30.06 Statute?

This is a discussion on Is this about 30.06 Statute? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone! While visiting other forum ( Where can we not carry!!! - Page 2 - Florida Concealed Carry Forums ) I found an ad ...

Thread: Is this about 30.06 Statute?

GM [OP]

Exclamation Is this about 30.06 Statute?

Hello everyone!

While visiting other forum (Where can we not carry!!! - Page 2 - Florida Concealed Carry Forums) I found an ad that refers to some large signs found at some local Publix stores in FL; unfortunately no one has replied it yet. I wonder if someone here knows the answer to the author’s question. Bellow is a copy of it:

---Quotation ---

At some local Publix grocery stores there are large signs which display the following:

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC

NO TRESPASSING

NO SKATEBOARDING

NO PETS

Now, I know that no pets or skateboards go without saying. The signs do not state the 30.06 Statute which allows businesses to opt-out of allowing CC licensees. These signs are not outside of every Publix, either. But would the "NO TRESPASS" portion of the sign be relevant to those carrying a firearm or other self defense weapon?

Or is that specifically for those who are asked to leave for whatever reason as they come up?

---End of quotation---
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

2. Remove Ads

I'm thinking if it's in front of a Store.
    No tresspassing is like No lotering.

if you ain't buying, or shopping ......Bye-BYe
    Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by lazy View Post
    I'm thinking if it's in front of a Store.
    No tresspassing is like No lotering.

if you ain't buying, or shopping ......Bye-BYe
    I would agree, Generally speaking most States laws, state that there either has to be a reference to the Ordinance/Law, A specific statement about firearms, or a designated sign to deny a CCW. The exception would be federal property and places that the state has determined that firearms shouldn't be carried. (ie courthouse's, fire station etc.)
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

30.06 is a Texas statute

If you are shopping at the store you are an invitee, not a trespasser

I am not familiar with Florida laws on concealed carry, they would provide the definitive answer.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Now, I know that no pets or skateboards go without saying. The signs do not state the 30.06 Statute which allows businesses to opt-out of allowing CC licensees. These signs are not outside of every Publix, either. But would the "NO TRESPASS" portion of the sign be relevant to those carrying a firearm or other self defense weapon?

Or is that specifically for those who are asked to leave for whatever reason as they come up?
    The "No Trespassing" sign has nothing to do with carrying a weapon. It just a statement that trespassing is not allowed. If you are on their property and are asked to leave, for any reason, and you refuse, you are guilty of trespassing. Whether you are armed or not is irrelevant.

As to the 30.06 portion of the post, I believe that is a TX law thing, to the best of my knowledge FL does not have a 30.06 statute.

Each state has its own set of rules.

Which state are your referring too?

GM [OP]
    I think that I was wrong and the ad only applies to TX; I am sorry. I wondered because the ad says that the signs are located at some Publix grocery stores in FL. I always believed that, like doctruptwn says, “A specific statement about firearms, or a designated sign to deny a CCW. The exception would be federal property and places that the state has determined that firearms shouldn't be carried. (ie courthouse's, fire station etc.)”. Please tell me if other possibilities exist.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Texas has specific laws regarding barring CHL holders from entering a private place. It is found in the 30.06 statute and states the criteria for signage.

Federal has there own rules, basically your not allowed to carry a firearm into a federal building.

Florida on the other hand will have its own statutes, and if I am not mistaken, signs carry not weight of law.

In any of the circumstances, if your asked to leave by a worker, or person in charge of the property you must leave or be guilty of tresspass, regardless of state.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

In SC, the sign prohibiting concealed (we have no open carry) weapons must be a specific size, color, shape, and have specific wording. It must be located in a specific area around the entrance.

mkh
    In Florida the signs carry no weight of law.

I haven't seen any at the Publix stores I visit and if I did I would ignore them.

Here in Kansas the signs carry the wieght of a felony if you get caught crossing the sign. However the law is very specific as to the size, shape, colors, and content of the sign. The biggest issues here, is that the law requires every entrance to be posted, and most bussinesses fail to do that. Secondly, there is no specification as to how the sign is to be deplayed at an entrance and often the signs are in a location tat is not Reasonably noticed. Failing to properly post invalidates the law and a carrier can't be prosecuted for the violation.

We combat the signs with these cards:

KSCCW No Money Cards

They also have a Generic Card that can be found here:

Generic NO Money Cards

Also of note we maintain a state wide data base of bussinesses that are posted, and a separte one for bussinesses that will post a Conceal carry Welcome sign, AKA The Unbuster. Basically it's the same as the gunbuster except the circle is green and it says CCW Welcome.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Links