Well i got her to do it!!!

This is a discussion on Well i got her to do it!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got the wife to sign up for her CWP!! Now i just gotta get her to the range and readied up for the class ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally got the wife to sign up for her CWP!! Now i just gotta get her to the range and readied up for the class next month!! LOL She hasnt never shot a gun in her life! well, thats all about to change now!! LOL now i just gotta figure out a good caliber for her and we will be set.. But hey just getting her to sign was VICTORY ITSELF!
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    congrats to both of you
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Start her out with a .22 and work up from there...she may just surprise you.

Congrats on the class sign-up.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Start her out with a .22 and work up from there...she may just surprise you.

Congrats on the class sign-up.
    +1 on starting with the .22. I made the mistake of starting my wife with a snubby .38 as the first gun she ever fired, almost scared her off of shooting altogether. But after shooting my .22 pistol and rifle for a while, she started liking shooting, then worked her way up to carrying and shooting a Glock G26 very well.

Once she is comfortable with the .22 have her try larger calibers, and her HER decide what she is comfortable shooting and carrying.

It's ideal if you can go to a range that rents guns so she can try several different guns before buying the one she likes.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Talking

Congratulations! Nothing like your better half being your backup! Start her out with a Glock 19 and maybe your days of trials and tribulations will be shortened.

VIP Member
    Congrats on her signing up for her class Looks like it's time to start gun shopping...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    cool, be gentle and encouraging
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

ditto on starting her out on a 22. my wife was really afraid of the gun coming out of her hand when she shot it. she shot a few round out of a 22 and immediately wanted to move up to my 9mm. it shouldn't take much time at all for her to want to try something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum13 View Post
    Finally got the wife to sign up for her CWP!! Now i just gotta get her to the range and readied up for the class next month!! LOL She hasnt never shot a gun in her life! well, thats all about to change now!! LOL now i just gotta figure out a good caliber for her and we will be set.. But hey just getting her to sign was VICTORY ITSELF!
    Why not let her decide?

Congrats, one step closer. Take her to the range and rent her some guns in various calibers to try. I agree with the others. Start with .22 and let her become comfortable, hopefully she'll end up with the 9mm at the end and like it. Good SD round for anyone to carry.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    Why not let her decide?

Oh i will... The range i go to here will let you rent unlimited guns for $25 (just gotta have the ammo) so i think we may go this weekend and have a "Fitting" LOL..... Thanks everybody for the advice we will start with a .22 and go from there.. cuz i don't see it being a good idea putting my .40 in her hands and say HOLD ON! hahaha
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

My friends thought I was a little crazy when I started teaching my soon to be wife to shoot. Since then we were married and both of us have CCW permits.
    I started her out with a .22, but she fell in love with virtually every pistol I have, so it got a little crazy for awhile. Finally, she fell in love with a Ruger LCP, in .380.
    Congratz on getting your wife interested. I suggest you start her out with a .22, also. Then let her curiosity take her to a pistol she really feels comfortable with.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Yup, starting with a .22 is a great idea... unfortinately I don't have a .22 for my g/f to try, so i started her with my 9mm. I was gonna start her on the .380, but it actually hurt my hand more than the 9mm, and there wasn't too much of a difference in the recoil.

Needless to say, she fired the 9mm once, put it down, did a 180, and walked away scared. Took me 20 minutes to get her to try the .380, and then the 9mm again. Now she likes shooting, but can't shoot too much due to tendinitis in her wrist.

Nice!

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Yup, starting with a .22 is a great idea... unfortinately I don't have a .22 for my g/f to try, so i started her with my 9mm. I was gonna start her on the .380, but it actually hurt my hand more than the 9mm, and there wasn't too much of a difference in the recoil.

Needless to say, she fired the 9mm once, put it down, did a 180, and walked away scared. Took me 20 minutes to get her to try the .380, and then the 9mm again. Now she likes shooting, but can't shoot too much due to tendinitis in her wrist.
    I bought a 9mm Glock thinking my gf would shoot it, but she's too scared and would probably do the same thing yours did. If only I had a .22 pistol to start her out with. I do have a Ruger LCP now, but I haven't even shot that myself yet, so I don't know how that will be.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links