NH Non-resident Permit On It's Way!

NH Non-resident Permit On It's Way!

This is a discussion on NH Non-resident Permit On It's Way! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yaaaa! I just checked my bank account and the check I sent to New Hampshire with my non-resident application, dated 21 June 2009, finally cleared ...

Thread: NH Non-resident Permit On It's Way!

Talking NH Non-resident Permit On It's Way!

Yaaaa! I just checked my bank account and the check I sent to New Hampshire with my non-resident application, dated 21 June 2009, finally cleared the bank yesterday! From reading other posts, I guess that now my check has been cashed, I only have a couple more weeks to wait for the permit to arrive. It really hasn't been any great inconvenience because I have both Ohio resident and PA non-resident permits, but it has been a long time since I sent in the application. At least the expense of renewing permits will now be spread over several months.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

NH...thats the state that went from like $24 to $100 for non-residents right? I sent one there postmarked like 3 days before the increase in price...so I don't know if I'll get it or not.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I got my NH-non res about 2 weeks after the check was cashed.
    And logan....I sent mine in 3 days before the increase and had no problem. They told me they had some permits that had been printed with some mistakes on them so the supervisor are having to check each one at a time before mailing out so it's taking a little longer to mail them even after the check is cashed.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by REVMAN View Post
    I got my NH-non res about 2 weeks after the check was cashed.
    And logan....I sent mine in 3 days before the increase and had no problem. They told me they had some permits that had been printed with some mistakes on them so the supervisor are having to check each one at a time before mailing out so it's taking a little longer to mail them even after the check is cashed.
    Well maybe I still have a chance. But it doesn't really matter. I just saw how easy it was (or shoulda been) to get a permit and thought about getting one. Then saw the price was going up so I sent it in right away. Just thought I would get it in case I was to travel up there, my family had talked about heading to that area.
    Logan - NRA Member

Yeah I jumped on the NH non-resident as soon as I found out how easy it was (plus, how cheap). I see NH got smart raising the fee to $100 (i dont agree with the price hike), but thats one way to make extra revenue. Does anyone know if there are other states that provide non-resident permits like NH? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hkcompUsp View Post
    Yeah I jumped on the NH non-resident as soon as I found out how easy it was (plus, how cheap). I see NH got smart raising the fee to $100 (i dont agree with the price hike), but thats one way to make extra revenue. Does anyone know if there are other states that provide non-resident permits like NH? Thanks.
    Go for a PA permit. It's quick and easy.

Handgunlaw.us
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Roy McC View Post
    Go for a PA permit. It's quick and easy.

Handgunlaw.us
    ya PA was very quick and easy.
    Logan - NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by hkcompUsp View Post
    Although you can apply to any county sheriff in PA, I have heard that the most non-resident "friendly" one is Centre county.

Centre County Government: Sheriff: License to Carry Firearm Application

I sent my application in to them several months ago and received the permit in 10 or 11 days or so. My wife sent her application in and had the permit back in a week! Their non-resident permit isn't plastic and doesn't have your photo (even though you must send one, which they return to you) but it covers several states my Ohio CHL does not. I applied for the NH permit because it covers Alabama and Mississippi, which PA did not.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Take your PA permit to Staples and they can reduce it and laminate it to credit card size for $1.00.

My FL permit was already laminated with picture, but it cost $117.00.
    Last edited by Roy McC; October 30th, 2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: addition
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Although you can apply to any county sheriff in PA, I have heard that the most non-resident "friendly" one is Centre county.

Centre County Government: Sheriff: License to Carry Firearm Application

I sent my application in to them several months ago and received the permit in 10 or 11 days or so. My wife sent her application in and had the permit back in a week! Their non-resident permit isn't plastic and doesn't have your photo (even though you must send one, which they return to you) but it covers several states my Ohio CHL does not. I applied for the NH permit because it covers Alabama and Mississippi, which PA did not.
    I got mine from Centre County as well. When I got it I just folded it in half, and then put my own laminate on it. Fits fine in my wallet, just a bit taller than a credit card. I never had to send a picture, just a copy of my driver's license.
    Logan - NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy McC View Post
    Take your PA permit to Staples and they can reduce it and laminate it to credit card size for $1.00.
    Just asking but would that still be legal since it's a copy?
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Links