If its not on the list its legal.
This is a discussion on Brother going to the the fair in Florida leagal to Carry ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so my brother is going to the fair in florida i dont believe its an off limits place am i correct we both hold a ...
so my brother is going to the fair in florida i dont believe its an off limits place am i correct we both hold a GA GFL which FL honors
Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
790.06 (12) License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm
· Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
· any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
· any detention facility, prison, or jail;
· any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from
carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her
· any polling place;
· any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special
· any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
· any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
· any school administration building;
· any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the
premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
· any elementary or secondary school facility;
· any area vocational-technical center;
· any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty
member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or non-lethal electric weapon or
device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
· inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be
prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment
for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
· any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
(1)(a) Except as authorized by law or as specifically authorized by the person in charge of each hospital
providing mental health services under this part, it is unlawful to introduce into or upon the grounds of such
hospital, or to take or attempt to take or send there from, any of the following articles, which are hereby
declared to be contraband for the purposes of this section:
1. Any intoxicating beverage or beverage which causes or may cause an intoxicating effect;
2. Any controlled substance as defined in chapter 893; or
3. Any firearms or deadly weapon.
(b) It is unlawful to transmit to, or attempt to transmit to, or cause or attempt to cause to be transmitted to, or
received by, any patient of any hospital providing mental health services under this part any article or thing
declared by this section to be contraband, at any place which is outside of the grounds of such hospital,
except as authorized by law or as specifically authorized by the person in charge of such hospital.
(2) A person who violates any provision of this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as
provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
Florida Statute 823.05 defines a place of nuisance as a "place which tends to annoy the community or injure
the health of the community...or any house or place of prostitution, assignation, lewdness or place or building
where games of chance are engaged in violation of law or any place where any law of the state is violated."
If its not on the list its legal.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
- Sir Winston Churchill
It’s legal and I have many times.
Only last year the gangs where so bad in Jacksonville, they advertised that everyone going to the Jacksonville fair would go through a security sweep. While it would not illegal they will not let you in if they find it.
Remember that just because the law doesn't say it's offlimits doesn't means it's ok. Every year I go to the state fair out here in columbia, it never fails that I see a "no concealed weapons" sign. Keep an eye out for those.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
And that's great that the business can't make their own laws. Glad to know that about FL because I'm down there a good bit. Even if your asked to leave at least you know you want be charged for having it there. Thanks for the info.
Always put Jesus first in your life.
NRA (Lifetime Member)
U.S. Navy Vet.
Right, if you see a sign in Florida, all it means is if they make you, you have to leave as soon as they ask you, otherwise it is trespassing.
Go armed...and have a good time...concealed is a must.
Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member
IF it's JAX there might be a LEO at the gate with a WAND ; ) PS I have not been to Jax fair in years, Because of that !!
A Native Floridian = RARE
IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG