Keeping controll in public restroom. - Page 3

Keeping controll in public restroom.

This is a discussion on Keeping controll in public restroom. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this doesn't help much, but I avoid public restrooms, for hygiene and safety issues....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keeping controll in public restroom.

I know this doesn't help much, but I avoid public restrooms, for hygiene and safety issues.
    9mm Walther P5 Compact

.380 and .32 Interarms Walther PPK/S

.380 and .32 Interarms Walther PPK

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    My problem is keeping control on the way to the restroom.

But to be constructive in my comments: with my girth the easy way to drop trou is to merely suck in my gut - then I sit so's the belt is snug around legs just below the knees. Weapon remains in place in IWB tuckable, and all is well.

'Course there was that one time with a home-made belly-band (pressure only, no pocket for the weapon)... I've never heard a louder clatter and out came some of the more classic examples of my old working-on-the-car vocabulary.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

A good leather reinforced belt works wonders at being able to reign in the pistol withoug having to be able to reach it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    LOL. Or jingle your keys!
    Unless,of course,you are a Senator.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Be sure the safety is on.

Smartcarry. Twist it to 9 o'clock, and pull it up under my shirt. No problem.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

It seems we over-think this issue. I just "tested" my procedure in my own bathroom this morning as I am armed and in my kitchen.

I dropped trou before the throne, and my SuperTuck containing my Kimber Ultra CDP II slid down easily. I opened my legs a bit to stop the slide with the holster and gun pressed against my right calf. I still have easy access to my EDC while taking care of business and don't have to risk disarming or leaving my Roscoe inadvertantly in the can. If I am in a public stall, I can simply flip my jockeys over the grip if I feel I need added concealment from Congressmen or perverts - but I repeat myself.

VIP Member
    Part of the problem discussed above would be ameliorated if restrooms were designed and maintained in a better manner.

Folks have talked about the need for better stalls with better partitions and doors and locks that work. Good hooks to hang stuff, and maybe shelves to place things are nice touches as well.

Others here have mentioned filthy conditions, lack of maintenance and one participant even suggested never using a public restroom if possible.

There is an organization American Restroom Association THE AMERICAN RESTROOM ASSOCIATION and an international industry counterpart which works to improve architectural design of restrooms. Some of you may want to write the organization.

Restroom design is almost always an afterthought for the architects (badly crowded restrooms at concert halls for example), and though some architects specialize in designing restrooms, the goal is typically aesthetic rather than functional.

There are clean, comfortable, and well designed restrooms (especially in Western European countries) with fully enclosed stalls---something we never see here or almost never see here.

I can assure you that it is highly unlikely that any architect anywhere has ever given the needs of gun owners a moment's consideration in planning and design.

Those of you who feel strongly about this problem should consider donations to the American Restroom Association and communication with them about our special needs.

My technique is simple. I put my 1911 in the crotch of my underwear when trousers are on the ground. (Not trying to be so graphic, but you understand.) This way, it is protected from the ground by boxers and jeans, and i can reach for it at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Those of you who feel strongly about this problem should consider donations to the American Restroom Association and communication with them about our special needs.
    Someone must have waaaaay too much free time, not to mention too much discretionary income.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There are clean, comfortable, and well designed restrooms (especially in Western European countries) with fully enclosed stalls---something we never see here or almost never see here.
    Not that I ever saw in London, Rome, Barcelona or Athens. I won't mention Turkey or Egypt.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Western Europe? Really? Every public restroom I have visited in England, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, and even the ones in Monaco were far from superior to the average mall bathroom in the US.

However, in Japan, they were always clean, well-lit, and convenient albeit terribly tiny by our standards. The most interesting surprise I had in Shinjuku was walking nekkid out of my shower after using the hotel gym to find a bored, middle-aged woman tidying up the men's locker room. I took my cue from the other gents in there, and just treated it like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I usually just place it on the toilet paper case. It's big enough to hold the holster and gun.
    Seems to me most of these are round or sloped top.
    I would also be a little concerned about leaving the gun behind, although I have never actually left one of my guns or my daughters behind!

As far a a good holster keeping the gun in, I use a High Noon Split Decision. Since its a tuckable the gun does flop inward unless retained. My solution is to loop the elastic of my shorts. It seems to help hold the gun upright, but I am still very carefull and keep an eye on the holster. (Luckily after 50 years I know where the rest of my "stuff" is without looking.)

I put it on the back of the toilet or a shelf if there is one or if possible, when I am pocket carrying, just leave it in the pocket.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

VIP Member

Holland, Germany etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Not that I ever saw in London, Rome, Barcelona or Athens. I won't mention Turkey or Egypt.
    Geographically, Turkey hardly qualifies as Western Europe, nor Athens, nor Rome.

I was talking about The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark.

Yes, UK is a special case from all I hear but haven't been there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links