Keeping controll in public restroom.

This is a discussion on Keeping controll in public restroom. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Geographically, Turkey hardly qualifies as Western Europe, nor Athens, nor Rome. I was talking about The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark. Yes, UK ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keeping controll in public restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Geographically, Turkey hardly qualifies as Western Europe, nor Athens, nor Rome.

I was talking about The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark.

Yes, UK is a special case from all I hear but haven't been there.
    I never said Turkey was; just throwing in something humorous. As for Italy, THEY consider themselves Western, as do the Greeks.

Never been to Germany or Denmark, but the bathrooms in Schiphol Airport didn't particularly impress me.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I put it on the back of the toilet or a shelf if there is one or if possible, when I am pocket carrying, just leave it in the pocket.
    My gun stays holstered! It is secure there and will not fall out, even if I turn the holster upside down.

IMHO, putting it on the TP holder, toilet tank top, hanging from the coat hook or other off-body location is not good judgement. If you can't keep in in the holster, lay it in your shorts between your spread legs after you sit down.

Nothing esoteric here; just common sense.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

ctm
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    My gun stays holstered!

IMHO, putting it on the TP holder, toilet tank top, hanging from the coat hook or other off-body location is not good judgement.

Nothing esoteric here; just common sense.
    +1

I always keep it holstered and keep the holster on top of my leg. I would never drop my pants clear down to the floor of a public restroom anyway...eeewww!

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    Simple ... hang it up. Any stall I've used (at office or airport) has a coat/hat hook somewhere within the stall, usually on the inside of the door. Once behind closed doors, I unholster first thing & hang the gun on the hook using the trigger guard. Once all paperwork is properly completed & filed , then re-holster as last step before exiting stall.
    You can use that method if you want, it is your choice, but I do not think you should recommend it to other people. Actually, I should recommend NOT TO DO IT!!!
    The only thing that shall be inside the trigger guard is your finger, and that ONLY when you are ready to fire.

A good holster and a good belt will solve your problems.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

First thing, quit eating food that doesn't agree with you, next, go to the bathroom at places you can trust, like at home & at work. Might not work for you, but that's how I handle it.

VIP Member

Restrooms at schiphol

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post

Never been to Germany or Denmark, but the bathrooms in Schiphol Airport didn't particularly impress me.
    The only thing notable at Schiphol was that one I entered had a female attendant present. That's a strange thing from our point of view. It was somewhat cleaner than many here too, as that was the lady's job-- to keep it that way. Elsewhere, they were very neat and clean--- even in the train system.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that there is lots of room for restroom improvement so that these places meet higher qualities of cleanliness, privacy, personal safety, comfort, convenience.

Full length doors and some well placed hooks and shelves would help those who carry.

Many public facilities in airports now have "family" restrooms. I haven't tried those, but they also provide more privacy and a better environment for doing whatever it is one must do with the holstered gun.

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    I unholster first thing & hang the gun on the hook using the trigger guard.
    WRONG! So, so WRONG! Never, never, NEVER put anything in the trigger guard unless it's your finger and you intend to shoot something. I don't care how many safeties it has or how careful you are, this is a recipe for an AD.

A well-designed holster will not drop off your belt if you take your pants down. It will not release the hold on the gun.

Simply lay the holster in the crotch of your pants, or unholster and lay the gun on the paper dispenser or top of the toilet, or other flat place. Just don't forget it when you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    WRONG! So, so WRONG! Never, never, NEVER put anything in the trigger guard unless it's your finger and you intend to shoot something. I don't care how many safeties it has or how careful you are, this is a recipe for an AD.
    Nah, it's a recipe for a negligent discharge; it's willful negligence to hang a loaded gun by the trigger guard.

100 percent of all unintended discharges are the result of someone willfully doing something they shouldn't or not doing something they should.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links