What's more Important to you - Page 4

What's more Important to you

This is a discussion on What's more Important to you within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well here is a bucket of gas to throw on this fire. I think most spend more time and thought than is necessary on the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Distinguished Member
    Well here is a bucket of gas to throw on this fire. I think most spend more time and thought than is necessary on the question--is my gun big enough??

You are all willing to sacrifice comfort to be better prepared for the off chance that you might need your gun. The odd of us needing the weapon are small, but your odds of being in a car wreck are much greater, so do you all wear a helmet and a 4 point safety harness??? It would be far, far more useful in a accident than just a seat belt and maybe air bags. Comfortable---NO comforting---yes.

I am betting none of you use those tools for a higher level of protection that the odds are far higher you will need then a gun.

If we were in law enforcement or a similar field, I could agree the larger / high capacity guns would be a must, but most of us are not in that field.

Most here already have the most important thing to bring to a gun fight----a gun. In a true gun fight, sure a bigger 1 would be better, just like being in a auto accident, I would sure wish I had a helmet and 4 point safety harness on, but not all things are practical.

Yes I carry a 380, and don't think twice about it.........

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I carry a Dan Wesson CBOB .45 acp in a Milt Sparks VM2 or a TT Leather OWB and both are very comfortable. So I don't feel like I give up anything.

I, like many others are willing to give up a little comfort to carry discreetly. With that said, I had to decide on how much I was willing to dress around my weapon. Now that the cooler weather is here and am wearing heavier clothes, I tend to carry a Speed Six all of the time that I'm away from the house.

Took me 18yrs. of carrying at work every day to appreciate that one moment that lasted about 3 minutes..........it saved my arse.

You never know when.............just be prepaired for it.

I shoot my G26 as well as my P95, so not really a big deal for me especially when I can carry G17 mags if I want. I can shoot most 9mm's about the same, which is why I've settled on them for my carry guns.

/10 round mags are fine with me
    Each of us has a natural right, from God, to defend his person, his liberty, and his property.

Frederic Bastiat

I like my 357 sp101.
    Doesnt print at all with the holster I ended up making myself that also holds a full speed strip and enough power for a two shot salvo to stop pretty much anyone I need to stop.

I dont see any reason to have to choose. My holster is comfortable enough and concealed well enough that sometimes I forget Im even carrying.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Well here is a bucket of gas to throw on this fire. I think most spend more time and thought than is necessary on the question--is my gun big enough??

You are all willing to sacrifice comfort to be better prepared for the off chance that you might need your gun. The odd of us needing the weapon are small, but your odds of being in a car wreck are much greater, so do you all wear a helmet and a 4 point safety harness??? It would be far, far more useful in a accident than just a seat belt and maybe air bags. Comfortable---NO comforting---yes.

I am betting none of you use those tools for a higher level of protection that the odds are far higher you will need then a gun.

If we were in law enforcement or a similar field, I could agree the larger / high capacity guns would be a must, but most of us are not in that field.

Most here already have the most important thing to bring to a gun fight----a gun. In a true gun fight, sure a bigger 1 would be better, just like being in a auto accident, I would sure wish I had a helmet and 4 point safety harness on, but not all things are practical.

Yes I carry a 380, and don't think twice about it.........

Z
    I can see your point. In my case, I happen to own three compact .45's. Now, if my only carry options were to be between an 8-inch barreled .44 Magnum revolver or a mousegun, I would probably have to lean toward the mousegun. Fortunately, I have some nice compromises.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

For me comfort is a top priority because I know that if a gun isnt comfortable to carry the likely hood of leaving it at home goes up drastically. Now don't get me wrong. It's doesn't need to be so comfortable that I don't know it's there. It just needs to be comfortable to the point that I don't feel like it is getting in my way. yesterday was my first full carry day with my new S&W 908 and while it's a tad bigger then my 709 it's just as easy to carry. But that's about where I draw the line on size. Anything bigger then that and i have to constantly be aware of it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Lately I have been carrying my full size 1911. In my Galco Royal Guard, it is fairly comfortable.

That is my best of both worlds.
    "No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links