Got my wife thinking.

This is a discussion on Got my wife thinking. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I couple nights ago my wife and I were staying in the Salt Lake city area (Layton) at the La Quinta Inn. Earlier that day ...

Thread: Got my wife thinking.

Got my wife thinking.

I couple nights ago my wife and I were staying in the Salt Lake city area (Layton) at the La Quinta Inn. Earlier that day I ate something that didn't agree with me, so I was up at 3am dying on the toilet. She asked if she could get me anything at the Walgreen's across the street (24 hrs) I told her she's not walking alone at 3am in the city, so she said "well you have a gun right?" Yes (me) "well I'll take it with me" NO---- you don't have a permit. Well this got her thinking "maybe I should get one." She has always thought I had mine, so she didn't need one. Now she's thinking differently.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

It's the little things like this that will go much further in helping a wife along than husbands constantly pressuring them. Good call on not letting her take it. Hope you're feeling better!
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

VIP Member
    Funny how the small things can get them to start thinking.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I hope that interaction helped your death ala toilet.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Get back to where ever you ate and get some carry-outs to take home. As long as she keeps thinking that way, you're all set.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Get back to where ever you ate and get some carry-outs to take home. As long as she keeps thinking that way, you're all set.

Maybe something good will come out of this.

(Seriously, that was NOT an attempt at any bathroom humor! It was the first thought that came to mind. )

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    I told her she's not walking alone at 3am in the city, so she said "well you have a gun right?" Yes (me) "well I'll take it with me" NO---- you don't have a permit. Well this got her thinking "maybe I should get one."
    Quite simply, without histrionics or politics or arguments about gun control agendas and whatnot, that's the crux of the issue: life's a contact sport; you want some added protection; the State requires licensing in order to carry such things. So, you do it. It's not about any of the political/agenda crap. It's simply about being able to protect yourself.

Kudos to her, and to you both.

Oh, yeah ... About the carry-out idea? "Can" that. You've had enough, bub. 'Course, it appears to have done her some good, eh? Tough choice.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That's a great position to build upon. Now that she's thinking about it, get her into a class where she can learn about the law, the purpose of CCW, etc.
    It sounds as if she's on her way to getting her permit...congrats!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    I couple nights ago my wife and I were staying in the Salt Lake city area (Layton) at the La Quinta Inn. Earlier that day I ate something that didn't agree with me, so I was up at 3am dying on the toilet. She asked if she could get me anything at the Walgreen's across the street (24 hrs) I told her she's not walking alone at 3am in the city, so she said "well you have a gun right?" Yes (me) "well I'll take it with me" NO---- you don't have a permit. Well this got her thinking "maybe I should get one." She has always thought I had mine, so she didn't need one. Now she's thinking differently.
    So, why not to something about it. My wife and I did ours together.
    I is not too expensive, only takes some paper work and about 8 hours to qualify.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Bad Rugergil, bad.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Yep. Eventually something will hit home and make a person realize that maybe they should have their own permit.

Glad it was this and not something like being attacked that got your wife thinking about it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    good for her in getting that thought process going, and good for you for not letting her take
    my luck in that situation my wife would have got caught
    Quote Originally Posted by grady
    Maybe something good will come out of this.

good strategy PatrioticRick
    wife already has her CHL....so....now....what can I get my wife to consider when I'm suffering on the toilet......
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Good about her thinking of getting the permit, but armed or not I still wouldn't want her out at 3 A.M.

Off topic, always pack loperamide when going on a trip. I keep some in the console of my car too. You just never know when having that stuff handy can be useful.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hopyard View Post
    good about her thinking of getting the permit, but armed or not i still wouldn't want her out at 3 a.m.

Off topic, always pack loperamide when going on a trip. I keep some in the console of my car too. You just never know when having that stuff handy can be useful.
    you are alive, you are alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Links