Need help in determing appropriate non-res permit - Page 2

Need help in determing appropriate non-res permit

This is a discussion on Need help in determing appropriate non-res permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can you have your current AZ permit turned in to a non-resident permit? This may be your easiest option, if possible....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help in determing appropriate non-res permit

VIP Member
    Can you have your current AZ permit turned in to a non-resident permit? This may be your easiest option, if possible.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Get the FL permit (there is not resident or non-resident...just a permit). Your address on the license determines the residency. TX honors a FL non-resident permit, but I'm not sure how much of a grace period TX would give you...call here.

Contact DPS at 1-800-224-5744
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Information for the News Media
    Public Information Office
    (512) 424-2080

September 15, 1999

Texas, Arizona Establish Concealed Handgun License Reciprocity

Arizonans with concealed handgun licenses issued by their home state now can legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.

Col. Dudley M. Thomas, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, signed a reciprocity agreement with the State of Arizona through which licensees can legally cross that state line with their concealed handguns.

"This agreement will allow licensed Texans to travel freely in the state of Arizona while enjoying the same or similar privileges their licenses give them at home," Thomas said.

I believe your AZ permit is good enough since they have a written Reciprocity agreement.

I would check with Your local TX CHL Unit.

AZ does not have a "Non Resident" permit per say, same permit resident or not. So if your AZ permit is valid..your good to go.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I did the FL permit through the mail. I did my training here in CO and sent in the paperwork, like mentioned above it's just a permit. It's also signed by Charles Bronson, how cool is that?? I did it after I did my Colorado permit. We are mandated to have a resident permit for local CO. I wanted it for VA and NV. I lost NV but gained WVA which is more important for me. UT requires a UT certified training course.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Information for the News Media
    Public Information Office
    (512) 424-2080

September 15, 1999

Texas, Arizona Establish Concealed Handgun License Reciprocity

Arizonans with concealed handgun licenses issued by their home state now can legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.

Col. Dudley M. Thomas, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, signed a reciprocity agreement with the State of Arizona through which licensees can legally cross that state line with their concealed handguns.

"This agreement will allow licensed Texans to travel freely in the state of Arizona while enjoying the same or similar privileges their licenses give them at home," Thomas said.

I believe your AZ permit is good enough since they have a written Reciprocity agreement.

I would check with Your local TX CHL Unit.

AZ does not have a "Non Resident" permit per say, same permit resident or not. So if your AZ permit is valid..your good to go.
    This is a good thought, the only downside is I'm not an Arizona resident anymore. I gave up my residency when I moved to MI back in January. I still have my old AZ license and AZ permit, but I doubt it's legal to use that since I've lived and had DL's from two other states since.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

My permit is still valid from Arizona...I'll call Texas tomorrow to confirm this, but does that mean that I can use an AZ permit as a Texas resident to carry??
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Just got off the phone with DPS. As long as AZ says it's ok, I can use my AZ permit (it's still valid) to carry in TX while being a res. of TX. I guess that solves that problem...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Your Welcome...anytime
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Your Welcome...anytime
    Thanks, Tap. I really appreciate the help. I wouldn't have even thought about that without your little nudge in the right direction. Yet another reason to LOVE Arizona!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links