SC CWP's In The News

SC CWP's In The News

This is a discussion on SC CWP's In The News within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good reading which I would like to share. Gun culture: Residents load up on permits - Local / Metro - TheState.com...

Thread: SC CWP's In The News

Thumbs up SC CWP's In The News

Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec SS .45
    Springfield XD Service 9mm
    Taurus Mil-Pro PT111 9mm
    NRA Member

You're making me miss Abbeville! I lived behind the pink church at the beginning of the video. The best restaurant in town is on the right side of that street. Glad to hear they're taking care of themselves down there. Does not surprise me a bit!

Distinguished Member
    A lot from the antis in this one:

"It's an ego thing," Flondarina said. "It's like driving a Corvette down the road. People are like, 'Hey, look at me.'"
    "It becomes a deadly game," said Laura Hudson, executive director of the S.C. Crime Victims Council. "Where is all of this ending? Is everybody going to have a weapon? Are we going back to the Wild West? It just escalates."
    "People just want a weapon to hold in their hands," Flondarina said. "They want that blanket, that warm and fuzzy feeling that if someone tries to hurt them, they can shoot them legally."
    But a few decent quotes:

People who want to pull off a mass killing don't go to gun stores or rifle ranges, he said.

"They're going to go where they can fire at will," Nolan said. "Most of the time, what stops a shooting is where someone else shows up with a gun."
    All-in-all, a somewhat skewed article...

Yep. Negative publicity even from SLED for that matter. Not a positive piece at all. And some how they jump around to "Assault Weapons" in a piece thats supposed to be about CWP's. Obviously an "Agenda" looking for a bit of some news to propagate itself rather than journalism.

Its like the author said to himself "hey look a new gun fact I can use to start a campaign against guns and guns owners with! Never mind I cannot find a single SC Permit holder that has ever misused his/her permit nor am I even going to bother. I can easier find quotes from people who support my agenda and even go further and see if can throw in something about those evil assault Rifles I keep hearing about."

This is what I call this cheap lazy journalism. Deserves a good ass kickin is what he does... and to be fired and replaced with someone willing to do the work of a real story about CWP.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I still have not met a person who got their cwp because of President Obama. I know plenty who are buying ammo and guns for that reason. Everyone I have spoken with who has recently gotten their cwp was expecting crime to increase because of the economy. Personal safety is the reason. I wonder how many people the "journalist" interviewed.

With a name like Flondarina I would'nt be talking so much!!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I still have not met a person who got their cwp because of President Obama. I know plenty who are buying ammo and guns for that reason. Everyone I have spoken with who has recently gotten their cwp was expecting crime to increase because of the economy. Personal safety is the reason. I wonder how many people the "journalist" interviewed.

Me either. When I got mine it was looking more like it would be Hillary.

But I had plans to get mine because of the increasing reports of violent home invasions and car jacking's happening in more rural areas plus the realization that doing nothing wasn't going to fix anything either. So why not do SOMETHING to be better prepared?

I also ran into a period in my life I could buy some thing I had always wanted and they were obviously getting more expensive all the time.

Sponsored Links