I had no idea!!!

I had no idea!!!

This is a discussion on I had no idea!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Our church Bible Study class tries to get together each month and go out to dinner. A couple of weeks ago we had 8 couples ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar

I had no idea!!!

Our church Bible Study class tries to get together each month and go out to dinner. A couple of weeks ago we had 8 couples meet at a local restaurant on Saturday night. Our teacher and his wife were going to be a few minutes late because they both were attending their HCP class. I never suspected either of them to have an interest in getting their permits. I discussed this with another man in the class who I knew has his permit, but for some reason hardly ever carries. As we waited, the discussion grew to other members and one other guy stated he had his permit and then said to me, "I figured you were carrying by the way you were dressed." I had on a golf shirt with an Izod sleeveless golf windbreaker. I told him I was carrying my Glock 27. He said he carries everyday and that night had his Kel-Tec .32 in his pocket.

After dinner we went to the teachers house for coffee and desert and almost all of the conversation that night was on their class training experience and swapping gun stories with the other "sheep dogs". After the majority of the couples left, I remembered I had my range bag in the car, (having planned to shoot earlier) so I brought it in and showed the qualifying couple a variety of handguns, 642, Glock 22 RTF2, XD .45 Compact, LCP & of course my 27 which stayed in the holster the whole time, since it was the only one loaded.

Now the majority of our class knows I carry in church, one couple even commented, "We're going to start sitting with you in church...just in case..."

It is so neat to find others you never suspected to be of "like mind".

BTY...both teacher and his wife shot 100 next day on their qualifying course. We are even talking about having a guys-day-out at the range.
    Proud NRA member

That's the way it should be. Unfortuately in Arkansas, carrying in church CCW, is forbidden. Some lawmakers never learn.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Alright! Sounds like the class to be in.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Our church Bible Study class tries to get together each month and go out to dinner. A couple of weeks ago we had 8 couples meet at a local restaurant on Saturday night. Our teacher and his wife were going to be a few minutes late because they both were attending their HCP class. I never suspected either of them to have an interest in getting their permits. I discussed this with another man in the class who I knew has his permit, but for some reason hardly ever carries. As we waited, the discussion grew to other members and one other guy stated he had his permit and then said to me, "I figured you were carrying by the way you were dressed." I had on a golf shirt with an Izod sleeveless golf windbreaker. I told him I was carrying my Glock 27. He said he carries everyday and that night had his Kel-Tec .32 in his pocket.

After dinner we went to the teachers house for coffee and desert and almost all of the conversation that night was on their class training experience and swapping gun stories with the other "sheep dogs". After the majority of the couples left, I remembered I had my range bag in the car, (having planned to shoot earlier) so I brought it in and showed the qualifying couple a variety of handguns, 642, Glock 22 RTF2, XD .45 Compact, LCP & of course my 27 which stayed in the holster the whole time, since it was the only one loaded.

Now the majority of our class knows I carry in church, one couple even commented, "We're going to start sitting with you in church...just in case..."

It is so neat to find others you never suspected to be of "like mind".

BTY...both teacher and his wife shot 100 next day on their qualifying course. We are even talking about having a guys-day-out at the range.
    You should expect good people, invloved in the community to be armed, as they should be.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I am a LEO and when i was first finding my faith I questioned about whether it was a good christian thing to do,(carry guns and possibly take the life of another 'man') I am also a life long martial artist and was questioning that too. I read in the bible where it said God puts people in a positon of power because he they deserve to be there. Also I spoke to my minister who said " even the king as a sword for a reason." I thought that was the coolest thing I had heard.

On a side note I am from SWPA and one of the politicians here made a comment about the people in my area being red necks and clinging to our guns and religion. I know personally I have a real tight grip on mine.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

I actually had a similar experience recently. My fiancee and I recently went to a couples bible study. During the "getting to know each other" section, one of the guys told a story about how he returned a really expensive wedding present and used the cash to get an XD. After that it took about 2 minutes to find out that 7 of the 10 people there had CCW's. I'll definitely be staying in that bible study!

Quick side note. A local pastor has a great blog that discusses gun issues as a Christian. Good read. A Biblical Framework for Living in a Crazy World

It's just plain great to be around like-minded people...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Since starting to teach sunday school on a semi regular basis, I have taken three of the class members to the range to get them started with the basics. Now when I'm up front, I know who is looking me over real good to see if they can find my gun.

Why just have a men's day at the range? Take the ladies too.
    Semper Fi

Thats great. Youd be surprised how many amoung us are ccw holders.
    Just remember Bible time is more important than gun time.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

As a Pastor of over 30 years in the pulpit that has his CHL and carry all the time, it is good to read such testimonies. A shepherd with out a rod or staff is just in the way when a real live wolf or pack of wolves comes after him, his family or the flock God has given him to shepherd.

This conviction to carry started about 2 years ago and is very strong. My wife took her CHL course before me and she carries all the time also. Many of the people in our church carry on a regular bases.

The wife and I work at being a husband and wife defense team. We both carry the same model and caliber gun and both carry lock blade folder and both carry small tactical flashlights. She watches my back and I watch hers. We have learned to travel in condition yellow and how to move to orange very easily. We are not tactical fighters, but we have decided not to go down easy with out a fight.

I believe pastors and teachers that take a public stand for their unflinching faith will become marked by the enemy of our souls and the evil crowd he commands. There was a time that meant just criticism today that may well mean a fight to the finish. Evil is rampant and there is on fear of God before their eyes.

Stand tall for your faith and keep your powder dry!!!!!!!

A group I ride with became aware that I carry a Concealed handgun one day when they started heading across the bridge into Mexico and I braked hard and yelled I ain't going to mexico I'm packing a gun.Since then almodt 1/2 of them have approached me to teach them to shoot and help them get their CHL's
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Orange! That is a great story!

I used to be surprised when I found out people I know either have their permit and carry or were interested in doing so. Now, after years of being surprised, I am much less so.

I work with a lot of completely flaming Libs and many of them, even ones who will act openly anti gun, have their permits and carry regularly. I have tried to make them see the stupidity of their thinking and have met with limited success in this endeavor. Some have the mindset "I can have one because I know I am not a nut."

Again, fantastic news and glad that your group is well protected!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Once a month we have a prayer breakfast and afterwords a range day. It is announced from the puplit reminding the church members about the range day and is also published in the monthly church calander.

You guys reminded me of a men's retreat our church had a few years ago. Check out the video. It was a weekend retreat and we got some of the local SWAT and STAR teams out. Got to play with some cool stuff. I had to work and missed it. I'm still a bit upset about it! BTW, it was to kick off our study of the book "Pointman". I am reading it now and highly recommend it. More about being a good Father/Husband than all the gun stuff. But what better to get the guys attention. I think I can label my Church gun friendly. So far in my men's group I carry, the deputy carries, and the group leader has his class in 2 weeks.

YouTube - Point Man 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links