Brady Campaign response to recent events...

This is a discussion on Brady Campaign response to recent events... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I doubt it. There are no legal channels to buy AP ammo for handguns. It is limited to Police and Military, and I dont know ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brady Campaign response to recent events...

Senior Moderator
    I doubt it. There are no legal channels to buy AP ammo for handguns.

It is limited to Police and Military, and I dont know of any police that use it in handguns. If you need AP, you need to be shooting it from a rifle, not a handgun.

Most people are smart enough to know this.

Any handgun is capable of firing AP as is any rifle. No news there.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Five-seveN Tactical

Five-seveN® Tactical pistols and SS190 round team up to defeat the enemy in all close combat situations in urban areas, jungle conditions, night missions and any self defense action.

Highly Accurate

The flat trajectory of the 5.7 x 28 mm ammunition guarantes a high hit probability up to 200 m.

Extremely low recoil results in quick and accurate firing, either shot by shot or automatically.
    High Capacity Magazine

The Five-seveN® Tactical pistol can accept up to 20 rounds in the magazine.
    Extremely Light and Ergonomic

The Five-seveN® features a polymer receiver, which makes it 20% lighter than any traditional 9mm pistol.

Well balanced, with smooth contours and no protruding parts, the Five-seveN® Tactical pistol will instinctively be handled correctly and is extremely easy to use.
    Fully Safe

The Five-seveN® Tactical pistol features an ambidextrous manual safety that blocks the trigger mechanism and avoids any accidental shoot.
    Tactical Missions

The Five-seveN® Tactical pistol features a Picatinny rail for add-on accessories (e.g. visible or infrared laser, tactical light)

Specs.
    Five-seveN® Tactical

Calibre 5.7x28mm (NATO Recommended)
    Operating principle Delayed blowback
    Overall length 208mm - 8.2"
    Weight (empty magazine) 645 g - 1.42 lb
    Barrel length 112.5mm - 4.41"
    Trigger mechanism Single Action Only
    Firing mode Single shot
    Magazine capacity 20 rounds
    Manual safety Yes
    Maximum effective range 50m
    Receiver Polymer

My dad got one a while back, and he loves shooting it at the range. Of course being retired, and having lots of money makes it possible for him.... We poor folk have to stick to the 9mm for now anyway.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

GM
    “Dangerous legislation that would have forced states to allow dangerous individuals to carry loaded guns in public was defeated in the U.S. Senate ...”
    I wonder how those people think … if they think at all. It can not be possible that they mean all crap they say. Do they perhaps believe that criminals care about the law when they get or carry a firearm?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    So....we take the guns from the legal carring public, and this all stops? Are we that dense?
    No, we aren't. They are, though. And so are millions of "normal" and otherwise intelligent people.

IF, and that's a bloody big "if," it were possible to completely eliminate a device from planet Earth, then perhaps we could have a substantive discussion about what to do in the absence of such items. However, that's simply impossible to achieve. It's pointless to even pray for such a thing, 'cause it won't happen. And, in this country of free persons in free states, it's a Constitutionally protected right of the People to be armed and carry those arms. Beyond that, in the criminal community, few criminals are going to ever pay attention to the bleating of a few legislators in the capitols.

So. The only thing worth debating is: what to do when criminals have citizens out-armed 100:1? The only rational answer is, since criminals won't be disarmed, to fully arm citizens to the gills. Do that, and we'll have a prayer at stopping crime against upstanding citizens. Yes, we'll get a slight uptick in new crimes, via a few thousand newly-empowered idiots. But, we'll get a huge down-tick in crime and repeat crime, due to the simple fact that citizens will stop much of what's attempted against them, and a good percentage of criminals will simply decide it's dangerous out there.

Anything short of that will remain wishful thinking that we live in a pixie-dust world.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Once again we have a mass shooting in a place where the victims were required to be unarmed. How can creating more places where the victims-in-waiting are required to be unarmed make us safer? We all know the answer to that question, as does any thinking person.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Response

This is the part I like from the "press release??"

---------------
    “America has seen an epidemic of horrific gun violence at churches and synagogues, workplaces, health clubs, high schools, universities, police stations and now Army bases. This latest tragedy, at a heavily fortified army base, ought to convince more Americans to reject the argument that the solution to gun violence is to arm more people with more guns in more places. Enough is enough.”
    -----------------
    There is a very good post on this forum regarding how "gun free" military bases actually are. In many ways they are no different than churches, health clubs and school. But trust the Brady bunch to no be blinded by facts. They would rather lie and let evil abound than help the law abiding be safe.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

The 5.7 did not kill anyone at Fort Hood, a terrorist did.

...horrific gun violence at churches and synagogues, workplaces, health clubs, high schools, universities, police stations and now Army bases

The reason these places have multiple homicides is because they are the very places that usually ban firearms carried by law-abiding citizens...this allows the evil crazies to wreak havoc with nobody to stop them!

Good grief, these Brady people piss me off....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

all i have to say to those people is one question....

How was the shooter at fort hood stopped....

... i rest my case

Question

"This latest tragedy, at a heavily fortified army base, ought to convince more Americans to reject the argument that the solution to gun violence is to arm more people with more guns in more places. Enough is enough.”
    Can anyone with first-hand knowledge of Ft. Hood's layout and procedures describe how gun-free the specific places in question are, where the shooter attacked his prey?

Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    all i have to say to those people is one question.

How was the shooter at fort hood stopped.

i rest my case
    Exactly right. Nobody who was "armed" with pixie dust and prayerful wishes did a damned thing, nor could have. As is usually the case, it was an upstanding person with a firearm who took down the threat. Again, it's shown how useful the tool can be against psychopathic criminals when they decide to blow up.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

One soldier actually commented to the fact we were unarmed and unable to defend ourselves,at least In Iraq we expect it and we are ready for it.I was a SP in the USAF in the late 70's,our response times to crimes were about what civilian LE times are,downside is nobody on base can keep a firearm in their living quarters,the ultimate gun free zone,how is that a heavily fortified base,anybody in a car with a base sticker gets waved right thru the gate
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    That letter contains more crap than used toilet paper.

My thoughts exactly.
    These guys are bad for my blood pressure.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Gee, I never would have guessed the Brady Bunch would take this position......
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    So....we take the guns from the legal carring public, and this all stops? Are we that dense?
    And yet again, everybody BUT the anti-gunners learns the lesson that when your life is in IMMEDIATE danger, even if the police do EVERYTHING right, you defend YOURSELF or you don't get defended AT ALL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links