Brady Campaign response to recent events... - Page 3

Brady Campaign response to recent events...

This is a discussion on Brady Campaign response to recent events... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think they are concentrating on the wrong thing. What they should be concentrating on is getting rid of cars, after all, more people are ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brady Campaign response to recent events...

VIP Member
    I think they are concentrating on the wrong thing. What they should be concentrating on is getting rid of cars, after all, more people are killed with cars every year than with guns. Once they make people understand that by banning cars there will be no more drunk drivers killing our children on the roads. There is no legitimate reason to own a car. There is public transportation to get you where you need to go, or you can walk if need be. I'm sure once everyone understands that cars are evil, they will turn in their keys!

I can't do it....I can't read their filth. If I do, my head will explode.

Fort Hood Killer Reportedly Chose "Cop Killer" Handgun
    Nov 6, 2009

Washington, DC - Four and a half years ago, three police organizations in the United States issued advisories to warn officers that a new handgun introduced into the U.S. market by a Belgium manufacturer of military firearms represented a unique threat to the safety of police officers.

It was a handgun that was designed to fire bullets through body armor. A U.S. Senator and a U.S. Congressman urged a legal ban on civilian possession of the firearm, which began being referred to as the "cop killer gun." The gun, manufactured by FN Herstal of Belgium, is lightweight and easily concealable, and was designed as a military sidearm to complement military rifles made by the same company. One law enforcement expert referred to the Five-Seven as "an assault rifle that fits in your pocket."

While no police officer has reportedly been killed by a suspect armed with a Five-Seven, it may now have taken the lives of U.S. soldiers. Today, several news sources are reporting that it was the Five-Seven that Nidal M. Hasan used in his shooting attack at Fort Hood in Texas Thursday

In January 2005, the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), International Brotherhood of Police Officers (IBPO) and the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE), released their alert to the police community at a press conference, joined by U.S. Senator Charles Schumer and Congressman Elliott Engel of New York.

When first launched for civilian sales, company officials wrote on the company website that “enemy personnel, even wearing body armor can be effectively engaged up to 200 meters. Kevlar® helmets and vests as well as the CRISAT protection will be penetrated.” That language has since been removed by FN Herstal.

In early 2005, Brady Campaign staff purchased the weapon at a Virginia gun dealer and test-fired it. The bullets successfully penetrated a police Kevlar vest.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

VIP Member
    sorry couldn't read on the web site, when I opened the site I couldn't make it past the top 2 inches of the page
    don't have enough duct tape to keep the pieces of my head together when it explodes

“America has seen an epidemic of horrific gun violence at churches and synagogues, workplaces, health clubs, high schools, universities, police stations and now Army bases. This latest tragedy, at a heavily fortified army base, ought to convince more Americans to reject the argument that the solution to gun violence is to arm more people with more guns in more places. Enough is enough.”

churches/synagogues=typically gun free zone by existing laws
    high schools=gun free zone by existing laws
    universities=gun free zone by existing laws
    police stations=gun free zone by existing laws
    Army bases=gun free zone, only police/MPs armed

.......I see a very obvious pattern here

I do agree with him on one thing........enough is enough....quit regulating the crap out of the firearms industry, quit restricting the 2A through legislation and the courts, and quit lying to America by using skewed stats, stories, and examples

and as for the Ft Hood shooter using a 'cop killer' gun.....my training tells me that any firearm can be a cop killer
    my 30-30 is probably the most popular caliber/rifle in America, is way less expensive (both weapon & ammo) than most things out there, & will definitely punch though body armor up to LIII
    their arguments hold no water
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Might want to count to 10 before and after reading each "Spotlight" release.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Home

Ft Hood comments expected.

NYC (and OH, TN) gun show illegal sales??? I remember nothing of this in the news.
    No offense and thanks for posting, but I refuse to even click the link. I absolutely despise those people and I don't really care to read their BS lies. It's one thing for them to be so boneheaded but it's another thing to try and influence other people in the same way.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    all i have to say to those people is one question....

How was the shooter at fort hood stopped....

... i rest my case
    well the Brady Bunch will turn this around too.....saying that he was stopped by a trained LEO....one of the only people that should have guns

I can't type on here what I think of the Brady Bunch
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    well the Brady Bunch will turn this around too.....saying that he was stopped by a trained LEO....one of the only people that should have guns

I can't type on here what I think of the Brady Bunch
    Give the Brady's their way and not even LEO's would be allowed to have guns.

VIP Member
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^^

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Give the Brady's their way and not even LEO's would be allowed to have guns.
    Then we would have to call the United States, England.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I think they are concentrating on the wrong thing. What they should be concentrating on is getting rid of cars, after all, more people are killed with cars every year than with guns.
    The economy would collapse. No can do, dead bodies or not.

There is no legitimate reason to own a car.
    There is when public transportation only goes from A to B, but you need to get from A to C. And that's the case in a large percentage of metro areas, in the USA. Until this is fixed, there is no way to simply ban cars and retain a functioning economy, unless 125M workers can get to the place of employment via other means.

I'm all for it. It'll happen at some point, for a number of reasons, but I can't see how it can occur in a given location until there are practical alternatives to getting from A to C.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    So....we take the guns from the legal carring public, and this all stops? Are we that dense?
    No, but they are. I perused the site for about 3 minutes and found myself projectile vomiting in my waste basket. I must be allergic.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The economy would collapse. No can do, dead bodies or not.

There is when public transportation only goes from A to B, but you need to get from A to C. And that's the case in a large percentage of metro areas, in the USA. Until this is fixed, there is no way to simply ban cars and retain a functioning economy, unless 125M workers can get to the place of employment via other means.

I'm all for it. It'll happen at some point, for a number of reasons, but I can't see how it can occur in a given location until there are practical alternatives to getting from A to C.
    They can have my vehicle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! .....hmm...sounds familiar
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

I feel sick to my stomach seeing how they're dishonoring the memories of those fallen soldiers with their rhetoric. I've got a friend whose ex-husband, her only childs father, is sitting in a hospital in Temple, Texas with three bullet holes in his gut from this terrorist, and these ******* are saying that less guns are needed?

I've got a better idea, allow every soldier upon reporting for duty to have access to the armory and the ability to check out and openly carry any firearm they're qualified on if you really don't want something like this to every happen again. They would be checked back in at the end of the day, and every bullet accounted for.

But I guess something like that would make too much sense for their liking. After all, these men and women are only entrusted with the safety and security of our republic, why should they be able to have the right to protect themselves? It's only one of the rights they fight and die for us civilians for after all.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

The Brady Bunch is a despicable and dastardly group. They will never see the fallacy of their argument/cause because they simply are not intelligent enough to understand how stupid their thought process is.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    The Brady Bunch is a despicable and dastardly group. They will never see the fallacy of their argument/cause because they simply are not intelligent enough to understand how stupid their thought process is.
    "...their thought process...."???

They think???

And here I thought it was a thoughtless manta, chanted to ward off evil.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links