Is it even possible to get a concealed weapon permit in LA Ca?

This is a discussion on Is it even possible to get a concealed weapon permit in LA Ca? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may be regretfully moving from beautiful Montana to LA. It is a great opportunity work wise, but I hate to leave such a 2A ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it even possible to get a concealed weapon permit in LA Ca?

Is it even possible to get a concealed weapon permit in LA Ca?

I may be regretfully moving from beautiful Montana to LA. It is a great opportunity work wise, but I hate to leave such a 2A friendly area to Kalifornia.

What do I need to do?
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

What do I need to do?
    Only that you need to rethink your decision making and life priorities. Sadly.

I just completed the opposite move you are thinking about and could not be happier with less money, less congestion on the roads, less intrusion by government, less taxes and this train of thought goes on forever. You think you will make more money in L.A. ? Wrong. You will surely not. Sorry, but you need the truth.

We need more info to answer your question: L.A. city, L.A county, name of suburb city ? Are you going to live in Orange county or Riverside county and commute ? Every city and county operates differently in Southern Cal...MAY ISSUE SUCKS.
    Last edited by Scott; November 7th, 2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

I have no idea, but I would try to find work elsewhere. Good Luck!

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

What About Anywhere Else?

Seriously, have you checked the cost of living in LA? Never mind the smog, traffic, and insane politics. If you gotta go, good luck, but they better be paying you a LOT of money.
    Ruger LCP
    KelTec P11
    Ruger P89
    Taurus M380

Believe me if there was work here that paid more than $9-$12.00 an hour that didn't have 200+ people applying for every job, I would stay, but there ain't here. I have a family to provide for and I am doing this for them. I don't relish the thought of being disarmed, but I don't have much choice anymore.

If I can find a good opportunity somewhere else in MT I would JUMP at it. BELIEVE ME!!!!!

Edit to Add:
    If I could find a good opportunity in a 2A friendly state I would walk there if I had to.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

UnklFungus....

Check out WA state. What area of work are you trying to get into? 2A friendly also...

Yea, come to WA, or go to Florida if you really want decent states.

Start your reading here: Calguns.net
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Get a S&W airweight J-frame
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

I wouldn't move there. The pay numbers might look good on paper but then factor in the HIGH cost of living in L.A. and it wont look so well. People never seem to factor living cost in for some reason. Your rent could double or triple from place to place hence why some places pay more than others.

I did the same thing. I left a 12.00 an hour job in Illinois for a job making way more money in Florida. But......it cost ten times more to live in Florida so I was actually better off making the 12 in Illinois where rent and stuff was cheap.
    Unless your looking at a six figure job with housing waiting for you when you get there I would reconsider. And also do you have kids? You think L.A. would be a good place to raise kids?

There is no way I would move to LA,the reasons cited above taxes and the fact the whole state iws in debt,cost of living,traffic congestion,crime,ability to protect yourself or family from criminals and or violent street gangs everywhere,one wrong turn could get you killed,I would investigate lots of other pro 2a states,checkout Tx
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    What line of work are you in ?.

Listen to those that have been there!! It ain't what you think!!! If you really care about your family keep them out of that God forsaken state!!! My family is why I left CA 15 years ago. My kids were 4 and 18 months at the time. Sure I don't make the money I would have made there, but I have way more to show for the money I do earn. When compared to our friends who thought we were crazy and stayed, we have so much more and now they are saying " You did the right thing" All the stuff their kids have been exposed to that my kids have never even thought of, that is worth it all right there!! Not to mention I own my own home, two vehicles, a RV, and all the guns I could want, and the best part is I can shoot them in my own backyard!! If I were you I would look into going into business for yourself, take control of your life and your future, it was the best decision we made, besides leaving Kalifornistan!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    What line of work are you in ?.
    That's an important question. Some buisness/security related work may get you a CCW. Cash deposits,transporting expensive merchandise, exc. gives a "good cause".
    Also, check out this map Concealed Firearm Carry Permit in California: Information Database
    If you're willing to commute a distance, some of the nearby counties are basically shall-issue(Orange is not shall-issue right now, but that could change).
    There's also cases pending (Sykes) for shall-issue CCW in CA, so maybe in the near future it won't be an issue.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Commifornia is so backwards I wouldn't even go there on business. I told my company at that time I wouldn't step foot in California and told them why and they understood. Texas, Florida, pretty much the entire east coast, South Carolina, Tennessee and a few others I'm forgetting I carried with no issue on site and off. I wouldn't spend on minute in Cali and won't buy so much as a drink across the border. I'm not putting a penny of tax money into a state like that.

What can you do? Debate whats more important. I wouldn't let my family starve for 2a. I wouldn't let my family go defenseless for a few thousand more a year. No one can tell you what to do, but going by the law, many of us and probably even you know what you can't do now. Commiefornia isn't carry friendly even if you're able to get a permit.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links