Carry in Indiana Question...

This is a discussion on Carry in Indiana Question... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to a football game at Notre Dame University, and cannot find anything contrary to me carrying. Unless Indiana statutes definition of "school" or ...

Thread: Carry in Indiana Question...

Carry in Indiana Question...

I'm going to a football game at Notre Dame University, and cannot find anything contrary to me carrying. Unless Indiana statutes definition of "school" or "private school" (no CCW there) pertain to Universities. Can anyone tell me for sure? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I would check the Notre Dame University website and look up Code of Conduct, or something similar. The University will have rules for their faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Unless the state law prevents them from telling you no.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Indiana state law only applies to K-12 schools. University carry is legal, however you may be subject to at least a cursory search at the gate and will probably be ask to leave if they find it. If you refuse you can be arrested for trespass. Conceal well and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Habib View Post
    Indiana state law only applies to K-12 schools. University carry is legal, however you may be subject to at least a cursory search at the gate and will probably be ask to leave if they find it. If you refuse you can be arrested for trespass. Conceal well and you should be good to go.
    You're lucky in IN, in FL you'd be arrested and spending money on a good attorney.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Some times Notre Dame searches and sometimes they it. It Usually depends on who they are playing. However they will toss you out in a heartbeat if you get made.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Enjoyed the Navy 23 - Notre Dame 21 game yesterday, GO NAVY. I ended up not carrying, more to be on the safe side of not knowing my exact legal obligation. With what has been said in the discussion so far, I can tell you that carrying into the game yesterday would not have been much of a problem, as the only "gate check" was of the interior pockets of any bag that was carried in. I opened up my Maxpedition carry all for the gate keeper and he didn't seem to mind the can of Fox OC spray in an outer (more visible) compartment. I'm not trying to brag with that comment, but just to give example of the type of security we all face at events like this. Which is why carrying to this event interested me in the first place. Be safe all, and thanks for the good advice. See you on the Board.

Links