Hassan's wounds - how severe? what caliber?

This is a discussion on Hassan's wounds - how severe? what caliber? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been searching the Internet for accurate information on how many time's Hassan was hit, by whom and with what. So far, no luck. Does ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

I've been searching the Internet for accurate information on how many time's Hassan was hit, by whom and with what. So far, no luck. Does anyone have a credible source? First reports said he was hit four times in the torso. What caliber rounds was he hit with?

As a die-hard 9mm fan, it always disturbs me when people are hit in what should be pretty vital regions of the body and yet survive. One of the last things I would want in the unlikely event that I'm ever involved in a justifiable shooting is to wound someone who goes away to prison for a few years and then gets out with revenge on his mind.

The idea of looking over my shoulder the rest of my life is not very appealing, and yet if one were to ever kill another human being in a justifiable self-defense case, I suppose you might have to deal with relatives and friends of the bad guy.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

I was always told that you shoot to stop the threat. Sounds like that worked in this case. You may want to watch what you post on the internet that could be twisted against you. Then again you may not.

I hope he recovers and lives to be 110 in a military prison cell.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I did read an account where the LEO's had Beretta's but no mention of caliber.

VIP Member
    I have to be honest and say that the first thing I was thinking was about the caliber that was used to stop this guy.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I also read the Beretta mention but no caliber. I've checked the Dallas newspapers on line for some specifics but nothing so far.

Advise well-taken lws380.

1. I don't recall how I found it, but I know I found on google a few years back a complete list of every major city and what type of handgun they carried. I tried finding it again with no luck, but it IS out there. Might be outdated by now, but it's not common to change a city issued firearm that often.

2. Echoing what lws380 said I wouldn't post anything about intention online. Stop a threat? sure. Kill someone to keep them from returning to harm you, probably not a good idea to post online.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    I hope he recovers and lives to be 110 in a military prison cell.
    Nah, I hope he lingers painfully for a while then dies, like the cur who tried to blow up the Glasgow(?) airport, then poured gasoline on himself when he screwed that up royally. He got his 72 virgins, but they all needed barf bags.

ImChad and lws 380. It was posted as a hypothetical, if you read it carefully. I've read the book by Ayoob and a couple others and understand the concept of shooting until the threat is stopped. Everything else was just speculation and not intended to be interpreted any other way.

VIP Member
    I haven't seen anything giving the caliber he was shot with, but since the female LEO who shot him was DOD contract police, I would guess 9mm FMJ rounds.

A few days ago, some news blurb said he would likely be paralyzed since his spine was hit. There has been no mention since. Probably HIPAA laws. I heard this morning they stopped the respirator. Breathing on his own, I guess. The civilian MP that shot him was not contract. She was a federal government employee I believe.
    Last edited by ltc-usa; November 8th, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    My first assumption would have to be a standard issue Beretta M-9 with 9mm ball ammo for the Base Police, they may have had something stronger but it seems a safe bet. I would prefer that our police on our bases and oh yeah WE(Military) use something a lot stronger like .45 or 10mm, Hollow Point is not a choice for us in the military due to the Hague Convention. While I like the idea of a rifle and a pistol set using the same ammo P-90/FN Five-Seven(POS Hassan used the pistol associated with the P-90) and I like the compact design of the P-90 for close quarters, I am still unsure about the round itself. Objectively looking I would like to see the details of the damage done by the 5.7 rounds he fired vs the rounds fired by the Base Police possibly 9mm, this is worth a look to see if the P-90/FN Five-Seven set is the way to go for future military weapons development?

This has been around for a while but may be applicable. I would in particular like to know if the rounds were fired center mass at his heart/lungs by the Base Police and were deflected by his sternum, vs not being clean center mass shots? Terminal ballistics as viewed in a morgue

Realistically we will probably never see this type of CSI detail on the outside of the investigators.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

I'm pretty sure one of the news reports said 9mm.

Sgt. Kimberly Munley of the Killeen (Texas) Police Department, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    My first assumption would have to be a standard issue Beretta M-9 with 9mm ball ammo for the Base Police, they may have had something stronger but it seems a safe bet. I would prefer that our police on our bases and oh yeah WE(Military) use something a lot stronger like .45 or 10mm, Hollow Point is not a choice for us in the military due to the Hague Convention. While I like the idea of a rifle and a pistol set using the same ammo P-90/FN Five-Seven(POS Hassan used the pistol associated with the P-90) and I like the compact design of the P-90 for close quarters, I am still unsure about the round itself. Objectively looking I would like to see the details of the damage done by the 5.7 rounds he fired vs the rounds fired by the Base Police possibly 9mm, this is worth a look to see if the P-90/FN Five-Seven set is the way to go for future military weapons development?

This has been around for a while but may be applicable. I would in particular like to know if the rounds were fired center mass at his heart/lungs by the Base Police and were deflected by his sternum, vs not being clean center mass shots? Terminal ballistics as viewed in a morgue

Realistically we will probably never see this type of CSI detail on the outside of the investigators.

If you check this website out you can find the same pistol and caliber used in the shooting. The 9mm part of this sight is also well done. I don't know if shooting ballistic gel is a good test but the pics are neat.

5.7x28mm

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links