nutnfancy (sheepdogs) - Page 2

nutnfancy (sheepdogs)

This is a discussion on nutnfancy (sheepdogs) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; some of his videos are long, but he leaves no stone unturned....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    some of his videos are long, but he leaves no stone unturned.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    especially if you think your CHP makes you a sheepdog.

When I hear people talking sheepdog I get nervous because it usually means somebody's looking to be a hero. In my experience the guy that's trying to be a hero generally ends up getting somebody killed, and it's usually somebody else.

IMO the whole sheepdog myth is nothing more than CHP elitism. It's a way for CHP holders to aggrandize themselves and pretend that their CHP gives them some type of police authority.

Sheep dogs don’t act W/ the best interests of the sheep in mind they act on behalf of the shepherd who generally is the oppressor of the sheep. The sheepdog does whatever the shepherd tells him to do without any concern for the well being of the sheep. Round the sheep up so they can be sheered. Round them up so their young can be taken for sale or slaughter. Round them up so they can be sold or slaughtered. Sheep dog control the sheep by intimidation and force occasionally they kill a sheep.

Sheep dogs have no discernment, they will lick the hand of a cruel master just as quickly (sometimes more quickly) as they will a good master. They will keep coming back no matter how often the master beats them. They eat the scraps that the master leaves them and when they are of no further use to the shepherd they are put down. A lot of them die from rattlesnake bites because they can’t help sticking their nose into things that don’t concern them.

Not interested
    Well sir, I think you have things a bit mixed up. The point is about being a person who steps up when it's time to help or save another human life. This has nothing to do with having a permit or even firearms for that matter. It might be medical care, it may be lending a hand to a fellow neighbor in a time of unrest.

Hopefully you never need anyone else to help you in a time of need. knowing sheepdogs, they will be there and an act of bravery or kindness could change your mind.

Good luck to you
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Guess I'll be the lone dissenter as I don't really like his videos that much at all. To each his own I guess. I'm certainly not out there doing video reviews though so he is contributing more than I am.

I'm a fan of the NFP. Does a great job at promoting safe, practical, tactical, and recreational use of firearms. His incorporation of family values and parental responsibilities add to an already outstanding approach. Guy has quite the following on YouTube.
    Last edited by WJP9; November 9th, 2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: word choice
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Nutnfancy rocks... his review helped me purchase the right gun and right defensive carry flashlight. His video on how to clean a glock is probably my favorite.

I can honestly say that if I hadn't stumbled on to his videos on youtube, then I would not have the slightest knowledge or desire to CC. I am really grateful that he puts so much time and effort into his vids to help the less knowledgeable and to stand up for our rights as americans. I love his "Obligation of Carry" vid and I hope he keeps going for a loooong time.

VIP Member
    Speaking to the OP and the video and not the semantics of the term "sheepdog"... excellent definition!
    Last edited by Thumper; November 9th, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Who is he?

Anybody know anything about Nutnfancy's bio? I haven't had any luck finding anything about the man.
    Is he armed forces, law enforcement, other backround?
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsccw View Post
    Anybody know anything about Nutnfancy's bio? I haven't had any luck finding anything about the man.
    Is he armed forces, law enforcement, other backround?
    Hi,

I am not an expert, but I know he tries to keep his personal information off with internet due to his family.

He does mention that he is in the armed forces.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    What little info that he says can go out, he is a Officer in the military, a part time LEO, and really avid outdoorsman. I've watched him since way back when he first started with knives.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

That video was filmed partially at Whispering Pines Gun Club and partially out by Peyton Colorado which is just east of the Springs.

(Hint if you don't want people to know that much about you don't use Pikes Peak as a Back drop in your videos)

To those that my ptevious post offended sorry but I've run in to too many well ijntention people that think that their CHP status imparts some type of Law Enforcement responsiblity on them. That's what I was talking about (and that's usually what nutnfancy is talking about when he uses the term) As for rendering medical assistance the last time I did that all I could do was mantain spinal immobility until EMS showed up and go visit the guy in the hospital afterward. As I said before every time I hear the term "Sheep dog" in this context it's comming from a permit holder who wants to feel important and it's bad Ju Ju. The Oklahoma Pharmacist though he was a Sheep Dog too.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Treo, For the record he's all over the place, he's been in Florida for several videos and Utah, and California. So your post is kinda pointless if you are trying to say he lives there.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Yup, I've seen most all of his videos, and I think very highly of him. He seems like a great father to his kids and family. I agree 99.99% of the time with most everything the guy says regarding his views on firearms and the 2nd amendment. I look forward to his new stuff and watch it while I'm at work. I'm actually very envious of all the outdoor stuff this guy gets to play around with... Again, I think he's a great guy!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    That video was filmed partially at Whispering Pines Gun Club and partially out by Peyton Colorado which is just east of the Springs.

(Hint if you don't want people to know that much about you don't use Pikes Peak as a Back drop in your videos)

To those that my ptevious post offended sorry but I've run in to too many well ijntention people that think that their CHP status imparts some type of Law Enforcement responsiblity on them. That's what I was talking about (and that's usually what nutnfancy is talking about when he uses the term) As for rendering medical assistance the last time I did that all I could do was mantain spinal immobility until EMS showed up and go visit the guy in the hospital afterward. As I said before every time I hear the term "Sheep dog" in this context it's comming from a permit holder who wants to feel important and it's bad Ju Ju. The Oklahoma Pharmacist though he was a Sheep Dog too.
    Respectfully, You are certainly entitled to your opinion regarding the whole sheepdog thing. I personally believe you are wrong by categorizing the whole lot as "CHP status imparts some type of Law Enforcement responsiblity on them" Some may for sure and that's just the way it is, just like some LEO's are better with people than others, but not all LEO's are or should be considered Barney Fife's until they have proven themselves to be just that. JMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Reprint

The following is a reprint of something I posted a year or so ago on THR. it was shortly after the vonn marr/ YWAM Denver/ New Life Church shootings. ( YWAM & New Life were the same guy BTW)

The was actually a faction of peole who read the essay "Sheep , Sheepdogs and Wolves and ( I swear I am not making this up) wanted to actually buy sheepdog pins to wear so that they could identify other permit holders

Be a sheepdog! - THR

It got so bad it was lke the sticky in CHP badges here and IMO just as hokey.

Anyway the sheepdog wars on THR is why I react like I do when I see that word.

Can I Be A Coyote?

I personally despise the sheepdog analogy. I do not carry a gun for the protection of the people around me; my "herd" goes armed too. Now I realize that arguments could be made that my intervention on any level makes me a "sheep dog" but I refuse the title. There was an article (op-ed) today in the Spings Gazette about how C.U. needs CCW on campus (it does) and how by allowing it the board of regents would get a campus full of plain-clothes volunteer security guards. I cringed when I read it; the last thing we need is for CHP holders to think that the card imputes some type of police powers. If we make the analogy at violent crime how far do we take it? Would you "intervene" if someone W/out a handicapped sticker parked in a handicapped spot? Are we the new "Guardian Angles"? Who BTW have pretty much left Co Springs because they were universally despised. There is (or was they may have disbanded) a group of citizens here in the Springs called the "CB Citizen's Patrol" they all wore black BDUs and OC'd and drove around south Co Springs all night on "the look out" for crime. They actually spent most of the evening patrolling the South Gate IHOP. You say "sheep dog" that's where my mind goes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links