nutnfancy (sheepdogs)

This is a discussion on nutnfancy (sheepdogs) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Treo That video was filmed partially at Whispering Pines Gun Club and partially out by Peyton Colorado which is just east of ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: nutnfancy (sheepdogs)

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    That video was filmed partially at Whispering Pines Gun Club and partially out by Peyton Colorado which is just east of the Springs.

(Hint if you don't want people to know that much about you don't use Pikes Peak as a Back drop in your videos)

To those that my ptevious post offended sorry but I've run in to too many well ijntention people that think that their CHP status imparts some type of Law Enforcement responsiblity on them. That's what I was talking about (and that's usually what nutnfancy is talking about when he uses the term) As for rendering medical assistance the last time I did that all I could do was mantain spinal immobility until EMS showed up and go visit the guy in the hospital afterward. As I said before every time I hear the term "Sheep dog" in this context it's comming from a permit holder who wants to feel important and it's bad Ju Ju. The Oklahoma Pharmacist though he was a Sheep Dog too.
    I agree with your sheepdog position, I don't like the term ether.

As for the location, if you are referring to the video linked by the OP you are way off. Not even in the right state.

2. Remove Ads

Good entertainment with good information. What could be better?

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I've recently just learned of his videos and such and find them pretty good so far.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    In my experience the guy that's trying to be a hero generally ends up getting somebody killed, and it's usually somebody else.
    I don't agree or disagree with you on the use of the sheepdog analogy, but just curious where one gets experience of "heroes getting somebody killed?"

Sheep dogs don’t act W/ the best interests of the sheep in mind they act on behalf of the shepherd who generally is the oppressor of the sheep. The sheepdog does whatever the shepherd tells him to do without any concern for the well being of the sheep. Round the sheep up so they can be sheered. Round them up so their young can be taken for sale or slaughter. Round them up so they can be sold or slaughtered. Sheep dog control the sheep by intimidation and force occasionally they kill a sheep.

Sheep dogs have no discernment, they will lick the hand of a cruel master just as quickly (sometimes more quickly) as they will a good master. They will keep coming back no matter how often the master beats them. They eat the scraps that the master leaves them and when they are of no further use to the shepherd they are put down. A lot of them die from rattlesnake bites because they can’t help sticking their nose into things that don’t concern them.
    Actually, sheepdogs primary function is to protect the flock, not round them up for slaughter. They live with sheep 100% of the time and become very protective of them when threatened with attack. They are not a pet to the shepherd. I doubt they are very often, if ever, beaten. It simply wouldn't benefit the shepherd to run an expensive dog that he wants to protect his herd off by beating him.

There are other dogs that herd sheep, or cattle, or horses, or whatever other livestock a rancher may have. I doubt they get beat very often, either. They are, for the most part, natural "herders" and are generally treated very well. You obviously have not had much experience being around many of these working dogs that you have so much to tell us about.

Personally, though, I would prefer that the people around me were those that are being described by the "sheepdog" analogy rather than those that would witness someone becoming the victim of a violent crime and walk on by whistling, pretending they don't see whats going on.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    They are, for the most part, natural "herders" and are generally treated very well. You obviously have not had much experience being around many of these working dogs that you have so much to tell us about.
    My brother-in-law has a couple of really good dogs on the ranch (cattle). One of the dogs loves to herd cats. It's the funniest thing you've ever seen! I laugh until the tears start coming. My BIL likes keeping the cats around so the dogs have something to do. If the cats weren't around, the dogs would be out on the range herding cows. Not good. A good dog is worth several men on horseback and a lot cheaper to have around to boot.
    Cloudpeak

I agree that "nutnfancy" does a great job. I have found his videos, especially his gun reviews, informative and helpful.

Although I think nutnfancy has a few good videos I just find him to drag on too much and be, at times, very biased about certain weapons. This is not to say his videos are bad... just things that bother me about them.

"YOU TUBE" gun reviews with take-down and reassembly advice and demonstrations are great! I review and use them with my weapons, and have kept them clean...so far.

he seems not to realize that other compact/sub-compact guns besides glocks take their big brothers mags.

Quote Originally Posted by joe26 View Post
    he seems not to realize that other compact/sub-compact guns besides glocks take their big brothers mags.
    lol, yeah. Plus if you watch his first videos he is obviously not super experienced with guns or terminology... now that he has got it semi strait he acts like he knew it all along.

I wish i liked glocks as much as him

Wow! "not knowledgeable", "Doesn't know what he's talking about". Are you serious?

Dang man, give the dude a break. Hating on Nutn, why? He seems like a standup guy, doing something that he likes to do and sharing it for free. What's not to like about that.

They're his opinions of what he's checking out at the time, and you're not meant to agree with everything. Call it the (Home shopping Network) except for guns and gear. It's better than seeing a static page on the internet and a brief summery written by the manufacture or marketing team telling ya exactly what they want you to hear, or read. Not to mention, that the dude must spend a ton of time doing it. I for one admire his efforts and appreciate the hands on attention that the guy adds to the experience. FWIW

GBK
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; January 6th, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Nutnfancy has been a fantastic resource for me. I love his material.
    On duty: Glock 21 SF (.45) w/ Safariland Cobra Tactical holster & Remington Hallow-points
    CCW: Glock 19 Gen 3 (9mm) w/ Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
    Magtech Hollow-points

yeah i've been checking out his channel a little over a year...very informative..specially like it when he went HD. although almost every review i watch he runs out of battery half way through...just plug in bro.

Nutnfancy is great! A lot of people are just jealous. I know I wish I could spend all the time and do all the stuff outdoors that he does!!

I found defensivecarry.com because of nutnfancy. On one of his videos some comments were made that included a reference to this site...so maybe I went backwards...

Anyway I've been a nutnfancy subscriber for a few years now...the guy has over 500 videos and still posting!!

I love his "survivalist" videos - he has a great one on building a deer snare. I'd love to try it, but don't want to go to jail for poaching!

Regarding his bio: don't really know but I watched a few vids he did while "deployed," which I took to mean Iraq or Afghanistan...

He's the man!!
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links