My Daughter Finally noticed my Gun - Page 2

My Daughter Finally noticed my Gun

This is a discussion on My Daughter Finally noticed my Gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My daughter started going to the range with me about 5 years ago.She now is in a pretty elite group that part of her duties ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Daughter Finally noticed my Gun

My daughter started going to the range with me about 5 years ago.She now is in a pretty elite group that part of her duties are guarding White House folks.Pretty proud of her.Needless to say she is a much better shot than me now.
    "You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Nice going for you and the kids understanding that you are armed to protect the family. Bravo.

I started my kids on being around guns at a very early age. I would clean a gun and the kids would watch me. I started my daughter shooting at age 3. Shooting a .22 that I bought her before the swim. I bought a .22 for my son at the same age. We would go out to the range and shoot as a family until my daughter decided that shooting was boreing. Now 20yrs old, guns are "Daddy`s" thing.

The son on the other hand loves to shoot every chance we get. He will be 17 soon. Having the same interests with your kids is a blessing.
    Keep your powder dry

I like the way you pu it in terms of "being your job to protect her"...well done.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    She's 8. And she is also a great shot, so far she likes the .22 and bb gun. (She was hitting 1" group with the bb gun at 5 yards and she can empty a 10 round clip in the .22 pistol faster than I can load them).

She is also super safety conscious. My son who is two years younger has more interest in my guns and has shot just about everything in my collection. Both kids know the NRA Eddie Eagle rules by heart.

Whenever she goes to the gun shop with me she likes to eye the pink Little Cricket .22 rifle. I'm still in "discussion" with her mom about whether or not our little girl gets her own rifle.

Congrats, you have them on the correct path!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links