Banks... Federal Institutions? - Page 3

Banks... Federal Institutions?

This is a discussion on Banks... Federal Institutions? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by XD in SC During the conversation he stated that a LEO had mentioned to him to get a Anti-weapons sign put on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banks... Federal Institutions?

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    During the conversation he stated that a LEO had mentioned to him to get a Anti-weapons sign put on each door. (We all know that doesn't stop the BG, but...)
    Wrong sign, what he really need's is one of THESE

VIP Member
    And we wonder why all the banks are failing....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

i open carry into my bank ;)
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Have him check the property tax rolls. Federal and state property is not taxed.

I have a better idea. Don't tell him, and then he won't put a sign up!

In Montana, there isn't any law against open carry in a bank or a bar. I verified this with the MT Dept. of Justice. Has anyone in Montana done this???? I am tempted, just to see what happens, but I'll be sure to carry a copy of the email with me.

A lady at my bank and my wife thought that it was a Federal Offense to do so, and I promptly corrected them. The lady I talked to said that if she saw a person OC'ing a gun in the bank, she would call the police. I let it go, but now that I think about it, it pisses me off that she would call 911 for a law abiding citizen OC'ing. As if by the very act, I am automatically there to rob her and the bank.

I will be calling and talking to the bank manager as well as the company president.

On a side note, while opening an acct at a local Wells Fargo, the lady helping us thinks that it is wrong and anti 2A to have to have a concealed weapons permit!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I have posted this before but seems this is the perfect place for it.

And it really does work!! lol

Not to change the subject, but I think General Motors has a better chance of being federal property. After all doesn't the Government own 51%
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rolyat63 View Post
    If it is a federal facility then it MUST be posted per 18 USC 930

§ 930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

(h)Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.
    Interesting (and I'm NOT trying to side-track this thread), but I have NEVER seen a USPO that was posted by the door. Every one of them are posted deep inside the PO so that you need to look for it to see it. One 24hr access USPO has it hidden behind a machine beside the exit so that it was very difficult for me to even find it . . . and I was specifically looking for it. I wonder if these are a "statement" by the Postmaster who believes it's BS but must post it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    A lady at my bank and my wife thought that it was a Federal Offense to do so, and I promptly corrected them. The lady I talked to said that if she saw a person OC'ing a gun in the bank, she would call the police. I let it go, but now that I think about it, it pisses me off that she would call 911 for a law abiding citizen OC'ing. As if by the very act, I am automatically there to rob her and the bank.

I will be calling and talking to the bank manager as well as the company president.

On a side note, while opening an acct at a local Wells Fargo, the lady helping us thinks that it is wrong and anti 2A to have to have a concealed weapons permit!!!
    Luckily I only deal with a local bank, know all the staff. The bank president is a pro-gun person, hunter and one day he was asking me about a local gun club in the lobby (and I'm thinking "what if the sheep hear our conversation?" )

The bank manager knows that I carry and in fact we've been trying to arrange time for her to join me at a local range. Her SO is a gun owner, as was her ex-husband and she's never touched a gun in her life.

Well...obviously, while a BG might want to rob a bank, he certainly would not be so crude as to ignore a "no guns" sign on the front door...so that should solve the problem.

As far as being federally insured making them a federal institution, it would seem that the passage of the health care bill has the potential to make a substantial portion of the populace federal institutions...

EDIT: After a few more minutes of thought, I realized that the "theory of insurance" would make the majority of retirees over 65 federal institutions now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links