Smartcarry, Maximum concealment with maximum firepower...

This is a discussion on Smartcarry, Maximum concealment with maximum firepower... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fellow DCers, Just wanted to share. I recently got a Smartcarry for my SP101 and my G30. I have had to attend crowded meetings at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smartcarry, Maximum concealment with maximum firepower...

Smartcarry, Maximum concealment with maximum firepower...

Fellow DCers,

Just wanted to share. I recently got a Smartcarry for my SP101 and my G30. I have had to attend crowded meetings at my office yesterday and today. I have always been concerned about people bumping into my gun or patting me and feeling it, I was made twice because of this.
    I have been carrying my G30 all the time and it has been perfect. It takes a little getting used to but the gun is easily accessible and of course, with one in the pipe, I think it enables a pretty quick draw...
    I have always thought that I had to sacrifice round capacity or caliber when deep concealment was in order. Not anymore! I can even carry a spare mag. That's 20 rounds (I have a 9 round mag in the gun) of .45 +P HSTs that can deal with most 2 legged threats.
    When carrying the SP, it completely dissapears and I can have 10 rounds (w/ speedloader) of 125 Gr. .357 Double Taps...

All in all, a great buy and I recommend it to anyone who needs deep concealment and does not want to compromise in terms of firepower.
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

2. Remove Ads

glad it's working out great for ya. i've been thinking about getting one of these for my G27 when I'm not in Illanoy. Glad to hear it works great.

Here is my only concern...wow comfortable is it when sitting down?
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    I wear one everyday and work in an office, lots of sitting no problems.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    Here is my only concern...wow comfortable is it when sitting down?
    Not too bad actually. I find that if I pull it up just a bit when I sit, I can be sitting down or driving with no major issues.

I'm definitely going to get one of these on order. I love my MTAC and Don Hume holsters but I want another options for when I'm wearing gym shorts/pants. Thanks guys!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Tried the idea, could not squat or bend over in comfort; but, I see the advantage for office meetings and stand up receptions.

Smart Carry

I have had mine about a month now, and it's every bit as good or better than advertised. I had an initial problem with the sewn edge rubbing a very private piece of property, but by moving it slightly, that problem was overcome, and I feel right at home whatever I am doing, sitting, standing, working, or ???

VIP Member
    Good review... I've been giving them serious consideration lately...My only drawback is that I don't know how often I would need that deep of concealment...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I love mine while driving long distance. Very comfy!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I like the Smartcarry too. I installed a couple heavy duty safety pins to set the ride depth.

Earlier there was a thread about "comfort" guns, well to me the Smartcarry is a comfort holster, AND it will let you pack most anything most anywhere, IN SHORTS!

Very cool!

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Primary EDC: M&P 45FS with weapon light plus 14-round extended magazine.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Obviously the idea is great, but I just don't think it would work for me. I've got a gut, and sitting would seem almost impossible...sometime I'll have to give one a try.
    So far my other options (which some may not like), such as palm out SOB or pocket carry, seem to work for me in situations where a normal 3:00 position might not be practical.
    We all have to experiment to see what works best for us.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm actually thinking of seriously looking into the smartcarry. It's gonna really come down to if they have a return policy or not... My drawer with all my old holsters and stuff is about full..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I'm actually thinking of seriously looking into the smartcarry. It's gonna really come down to if they have a return policy or not... My drawer with all my old holsters and stuff is about full..
    They allow you 60 days.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    They allow you 60 days.
    Thanks for the info! That pretty much settels it then... I'll order one and see if it's a keeper. Thanks again.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links