Outed in the barber chair - Page 2

Outed in the barber chair

This is a discussion on Outed in the barber chair within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by varob Do you guys get your nails done before or after your trip to the stylist? And you don't???...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Do you guys get your nails done before or after your trip to the stylist?
    And you don't???
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I shave my head now...saves barber costs, but the little shop I used to patronize in our small town had a barber who was in his 80's (and a great barber, too).
    When I first met him, we got to talking about crime, then the NRA, then guns. He then pulled a .32 revolver out of his pocket, "Can't be too careful," he said.
    Then I showed him my Kimber, which was in an IWB holster...it didn't catch on the chair though.
    I would guess that most of the older fellows who went there all had guns...it's the South, ya'll know!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ski
    Do you guys get your nails done before or after your trip to the stylist?
    FUNNY
    "It's a European Shoulder bag"

progressive commercial - Google Videos

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Define Texan? What I consider a true Texan, I'd agree. But I meet people here in Texas every day that I would prefer to never meet again.
    That happens to you too....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I had the same thing happen at Belks the other day...it was completely my fault and a newbie mistake. I was wearing it on my side and I normally carry my wallet on my jacket pocket inside my suit, but I couldn't seem to find it (I put it in my back pocket for some reason)...anyways, I lifted up my jacket to get my wallet and the cashier noticed the bottom of my holster. Luckily he was a very friendly guy and a fellow CWC himself. He asked at first if I was a cop and I replied no, that I have my permit to carry it and I showed it to him. However, it could of been a VERY bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    And you don't???
    I went to a "salon" one time in the 90's. I was charged $45.00 + tip for the exact same hair cut I got from a barber. The only thing the stylist seemed to be interested in was selling me a bottle of $40.00 shampoo that was going to make my hair llook great!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Someone told....
    Well YEAH I said something. What do you expect that I did. Say nothing about why the chair had me in a death grip? Yell "EEEK! Transformers!" while struggling to get up?

Seriously, all I really did was show her my permit and we talked about it. No one ever saw anything (not even leather) although she was clearly itching to get her hands on me to find out where I was hiding it. Too bad she's married (me too) or it coulda been fun.

And yes the scenery is MUCH better at my stylist's shop although I usually skip the manicure.

I went to a "salon" one time in the 90's. I was charged $45.00 + tip for the exact same hair cut I got from a barber. The only thing the stylist seemed to be interested in was selling me a bottle of $40.00 shampoo that was going to make my hair llook great!
    My stylist is my wife. When hair cuts went to $8 back in the mid 70s, I bought a clipper kit and my wife started doing the cutting. It took her 45 minutes the first time, now it takes her less than 10.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    My stylist is my wife. When hair cuts went to $8 back in the mid 70s, I bought a clipper kit and my wife started doing the cutting. It took her 45 minutes the first time, now it takes her less than 10.
    I spend that every week for my military hair cut!

Glad things went well for ya. I have not been 'made' yet but I know it is coming eventually.
    Just remember: When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Well YEAH I said something. What do you expect that I did. Say nothing about why the chair had me in a death grip? Yell "EEEK! Transformers!" while struggling to get up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    Gotta love them Texans.
    Never met a Texan I didn't like.
    I personally like the story of the Texas Dad that told his young son "Never ask a man if he is from Texas. If he is he'll tell you, and if he isn't you shouldn't embarrass him by asking."

Quote Originally Posted by cnlevo View Post
    anyways, I lifted up my jacket to get my wallet and the cashier noticed the bottom of my holster. Luckily he was a very friendly guy and a fellow CWC himself. He asked at first if I was a cop and I replied no, that I have my permit to carry it and I showed it to him. However, it could of been a VERY bad situation.
    How so? What's the worse that could happen?

A man with a gun call and a little conversation with the Five-0. No big deal.

I am bald and shave my head daily so I am lucky that this will never happen!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links