Defensive Carry banner

Questions about CC for a lady

4K views 35 replies 29 participants last post by  Rugergirl 
#1 ·
Once again I am asking for your advices. A friend of mine got hers CCW permit for a couple of weeks ago, and now she is looking for a CC. She tried my 9’s, a CZ Shadow with FMJ Federal 115gr and 124gr, and the HP with ConBon DPX 115gr; she also tried a Commander before (I do not know the series or the ammo used). She did not like the 45, but she liked shooting the HP. However, she believes that it is too big for CC. I recommended her not to go below 9mm, and since she could handle the HP there is not reason for it. Now, the problem is that she does not want a pistol, she wants a snubbie. I know cero about revolvers, and then I told her to go to the range and rent some revolvers. However, I would like if you please could give me some ideas so I know what she might want to look for.

Depending of the circumstances she will carry in an IWB or something like the garter holster (Women's concealment holsters) or the the Galco Thigh Band (Galco Gunleather - Thigh Band Holster). She will show her legs to the criminal, but rather that than putting the purse away with the gun inside :embarassed::1augen71:.

Considering that she could manage the HP and she wants a snubbie, what type of gun and what caliber do you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your help.

See less See more
#35 ·
a kel tec pf9 or taurus pt709 slim are smaller than most wheel guns and extremely thin for concealed carry...there is very little size difference to the pocket .380s and the taurus has an external safety if its an issue...the taurus is also a bit more comfortable to handle and appears better finished than the kel tec....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.