She just don't get it! - Page 3

She just don't get it!

This is a discussion on She just don't get it! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am not sure how old you are but you probably do not have children. You can tell the kids twice in 10 seconds and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: She just don't get it!

I am not sure how old you are but you probably do not have children. You can tell the kids twice in 10 seconds and they still don't get it either. I am not sure they get it after the millionth or ten millionth time either. You have to get her the right education and have a little patients. Send her to something specifically for women.

There is a 20 year-old female friend of my wife that comes over to the house quite a bit. She would leave her car unlocked, sun roof open, purse on the floor, keys in the ignition, and once the passenger side door wide open. She was/is completely unaware of the bad things that happen to good people. I would read her post titles from the Good, Bad, and Ugly section. I gave her a good lecture about personal safety. She finally caught on. She now locks her car and rolls the windows up. She does not get an A+ but a D for effort. She knows what she should do, but is often too pre-occupied to be aware of what is going on around her. Hopefully she will wise up before something bad happens to her.

Start playing games with her. Go sit somewhere and ask her who has money or something valuable and how she knows that. Have her pretend that she is the BG and see who she would target and why. When she thinks she is getting good and cocky tell her that is what she looks like when she flashes a wad of money or a winning lotto ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberup View Post
    Ok guys enough of the blonde jokes already. I'm blonde, 5'2", weigh about 100lbs, and I carry a kimber ultra carry 45 and a kimber aegis (I can shoot them both too). So not all blondes don't get it!

But to your girlfriend- I just finished a really good book by a woman on personal defense. It starts off with very basic "be aware and protect yourself" type issues. The title of the book is "Personal Defense for Women" by Gila Hayes. She's an ex female cop, now does personal defense lessons. Very informative. Might be a great Christmas gift that might carry a hint too!
    Hey Blondie, since she is an ex female cop. What kind of cop is she now? Larry

I guarantee that he won't get rid of her. It seems as though that the ones with the best bodies can do some of the dumbest things and cause the most drama(Drama Queen). I am older now and have quite a few financial assets and I do not waste my time with dumb good looking built women. I spend time with them as long as I want them and then drop them back where I go them from and go on my way. Dumb stupid individuals will get you in trouble whether it is a male or female.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberup View Post
    Ok guys enough of the blonde jokes already. I'm blonde, 5'2", weigh about 100lbs, and I carry a kimber ultra carry 45 and a kimber aegis (I can shoot them both too). So not all blondes don't get it!

But to your girlfriend- I just finished a really good book by a woman on personal defense. It starts off with very basic "be aware and protect yourself" type issues. The title of the book is "Personal Defense for Women" by Gila Hayes. She's an ex female cop, now does personal defense lessons. Very informative. Might be a great Christmas gift that might carry a hint too!
    Easy there, it was just a joke. I am fairly close to your size, and carry a Kimber(in rotation with the Smiths) and love to shoot all of them.
    As far as the OP's GF problem, if you really like her and want to keep her, you'll have to work on some serious SA training. And I mean serious, every time you are out with her, drill it into her head, on the way to where you are going, for her sake and yours. Pound it in as hard as you have to, as long as you have to until she "gets it".
    It's not just two as a couple that I'm concerned for, if she really does dumb stuff like that, what does she do when she is alone? Does she pull into a praking space jump out of the car and go about her business without looking aaround and paying attention? I'll bet she does. Work on every little detail, and if you can get a buddy to play along, maybe setting her up to fail would work as a wake-up call.
    Drum eveery aspect of SA you can think of into her until she is completely trained, and then work on some brush-up training to keep her awareness up. It may take time, a few years, but if you think she is worth it, do it for her sake and yours.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

C9h13no3! Pm inbound
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
    She seems very immature. She hasn't learned yet that there are times to be serious and times be carefree.

If she keeps it up, one of these days she will tempt fate and it will come down hard on her (and maybe you if you are nearby). Hope she wises up first.

Bobo
    Read this reply to her...

GM
    I think that trying to address the problem to blonds is a little out of line, but that is my opinion.

If your girlfriend does not want to understand that her attitude can make you be killed or sent you to jail/prison then you are in big trouble.
    Taking a CCW course should help her understand what a CCW permit implies. Do you know any LEO that could explain her what it is about? This sounds like a very drastic alternative, but if I did not know any LEO I should ask her to go to the police station with me, so some LEO there can tell her how wrong she is. She will be very mad at you, but rather that than being killed or shooting someone. I believe that you have to be very aware of what will happen if she does not want to change her attitude.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Just say one thing to her... ... very clearly .....

You KNOW don't you, that I won't pull a gun on nor stop anyone for robbing you , dont' you. I cannot pull a gun nor shoot someone just because they are robbing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Just say one thing to her... ... very clearly .....

You KNOW don't you, that I won't pull a gun on nor stop anyone for robbing you , dont' you. I cannot pull a gun nor shoot someone just because they are robbing you.
    Actually, THAT is probably the winning argument to the "doesn't get it" GF. If she gets the clue that the money in her hands isn't worth shooting someone simply because its HERS, she may just stumble on the thought that the world does not revolve around her.

Her: "Whaddya mean, you won't pull your gun if a guy tries to take my money?"
    Him: "It's just money - not worth taking a life over."
    Her: "But it's MY money! You mean you wouldn't pull your gun to save my money?"
    Him: "If he threatens to harm you, that's a different story altogether. If he just grabbed the money you were flashing in your hand, I'm not running after him... I'm just calling 911."
    Her: "So you're saying I'm not worth defending? You wouldn't save me from a robber?"
    Him: "Not if all he's doing is taking your money, no."
    Her: "Some big tough guy YOU are...!"
    And downhill from there.

Strictly hypothetical, of course.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    How many times am I going to have to cover this before it gets drilled into her head?
    Sounds like maybe til that one time that the SHTF. Although I hope for your sake it never gets to the point where you're forced to draw. Good luck to ya.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Easy there, it was just a joke. I am fairly close to your size, and carry a Kimber(in rotation with the Smiths) and love to shoot all of them.
    As far as the OP's GF problem, if you really like her and want to keep her, you'll have to work on some serious SA training. And I mean serious, every time you are out with her, drill it into her head, on the way to where you are going, for her sake and yours. Pound it in as hard as you have to, as long as you have to until she "gets it".
    It's not just two as a couple that I'm concerned for, if she really does dumb stuff like that, what does she do when she is alone? Does she pull into a praking space jump out of the car and go about her business without looking aaround and paying attention? I'll bet she does. Work on every little detail, and if you can get a buddy to play along, maybe setting her up to fail would work as a wake-up call.
    Drum eveery aspect of SA you can think of into her until she is completely trained, and then work on some brush-up training to keep her awareness up. It may take time, a few years, but if you think she is worth it, do it for her sake and yours.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.....maybe working something out with a very trusted friend, or even an LEO buddy if you have any, to play the BG. You would know it was coming but she wouldn't. Granted, after the fact, when she finds out what you did there may be hell to pay but hopefully it will have driven home the point of just how dangerous her actions are.
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    I guarantee that he won't get rid of her. It seems as though that the ones with the best bodies can do some of the dumbest things and cause the most drama(Drama Queen). I am older now and have quite a few financial assets and I do not waste my time with dumb good looking built women.
    My thoughts exactly.

I have found in my many years of dating it seems the hotter they are the dummer and drama ridden they are. Must be from getting by with looks for so long they have no brains or personality. Not to mention all they want is constant attention. Too much work for me.

I'll take an intelligent,motivated and caring mediocre looking girl over some hot ditsy eye candy any day. They might be nice to look at but they have some pretty lame conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Valium, xanax, or ativan.
    /thread.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by drkangl6 View Post
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.....maybe working something out with a very trusted friend, or even an LEO buddy if you have any, to play the BG. You would know it was coming but she wouldn't. Granted, after the fact, when she finds out what you did there may be hell to pay but hopefully it will have driven home the point of just how dangerous her actions are.
    Yeah, this woman who's flashing money, being carefree and relying on a gun doesn't have a chance of pulling out his gun and killing said friend. It's NEVER a good idea to play the hostage, BG, rapist prank. EVER.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

Sounds like she needs some counseling. If that does not work you need a new GF. Someone like that can get you killed.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links