She just don't get it!

This is a discussion on She just don't get it! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by spencer0071 Start playing games with her. Go sit somewhere and ask her who has money or something valuable and how she knows ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: She just don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by spencer0071 View Post
    Start playing games with her. Go sit somewhere and ask her who has money or something valuable and how she knows that. Have her pretend that she is the BG and see who she would target and why. When she thinks she is getting good and cocky tell her that is what she looks like when she flashes a wad of money or a winning lotto ticket.
    That actually seems like a good idea. If she has any reasonable intelligence at all, she will quickly learn the sort of behavior that screams "target" by spending a little time thinking like a BG.

2. Remove Ads

Do what is best for you and do not let emotions get in the way of making wrong decision. LOVE can be the greatest gift we are given but remember it can also get you killed.

You have the right to drive, free speech and the right to carry a firearm. It is not right to take a life due to someone else's negligence. Apparently she has seen too many movies and cannot see the reality of what happens to friends and family from both sides of a gun.
    In the end you need to be safe and if dumping her is the only way than so be it. If you LOVE her that much than stop carrying your firearm when you are with her until she understands that you have a responsibility for carrying a firearm.

Regardless of what anybody says it is all up to you to do what is best for you and the people around you. You have more responsibility on you that can change a lot of peoples lives in a short 3 seconds or less of gunfire.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    What's next? "Don't mess with my boyfriend, or he'll kill you!"

Although I don't think we should pass judgment on her based on those 2 events. Just try to explain it to her over and over I guess.

It's how we communicate, talking to her at the 711 is not the time, she's pre occupied. When you get home a sit down with no background noise, tell her exactly what you want her to do, not what you don't want her to do, ask her if she understands, unless her I.Q. is below 60 she will. Now if the behavior continues, she does not want to change. Good luck Ryan
    Randy
    Law Enforcement Armorer
    NRA
    GOA
    Range Officer
    Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.

I would take every oppourtunity to point out her recklessness to the point she tires of it and finally takes responsibility for her safety. The stuff you see on TV happens to real people ya know.

Tell her that you wont carry around her anymore until she realizes how responsible you have to be to walk around armed and law abiding, and you wont risk jail for an unlawful shoot or death because of her foolishness.

P.S. You saw that wink right???

I get it differently.....she usually says as we are walking into a store "you have your gun?"...I quietly respond "yes and know EVERYONE else knows!"
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Well, I have a different take on it.

While I agree you need to have an overall security talk with her, and emphasis things that can and will get you in trouble. You should enjoy the fact that she is spontaneous and like a “child” does not fear.

Also, if the 711 near your house is that dangerous, I’d recommend moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    She needs education: take her to a NRA Personal Defense course, just to get her a good idea of how seriously detrimental her behavior is. It may get you injured or killed. One simply cannot be walking arourd like that! It's Barney Fife runnin' around with his gun in his hand and not knowing what to do with it!!!!!
    Hey, I learned all of my PD from Barney Fife. I always carry with one bullet in my shirt pocket, is that wrong?
    I am the Walrus...Goo Goo Goo Joob

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” –Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    I'm glad I don't have this issue with my wife, who knows I carry. This is a possible recipe for bad things. Good luck!
    +1. Ask her if she wants you both shot from her carefree actions in public. I go into condition 1 anytime I pull up to a 7/11 or any other gas station/convenience store and stay there until I leave the parking lot. Those places in the the crack filled town I live nearby get hit on a regular basis. Couple are named "Stop and Buy". I call them the "Stop and Rob" They call our town "The Harbor of Hospitility". I call it the "Harbor of Hostility "!

Thankfully I live in the sticks.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    We aren't in a bad part of town at all...pretty low crime rate, but I don't care what the "rate" is, crime still can and does happen everywhere.

Someone mentioned something about having a talk right after it happens isn't going to do anything cause she's preoccupied. Sat her down at home and talked about it. She was more receptive, apologized, and promised to be more careful, and so far she has been.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    +1. Ask her if she wants you both shot from her carefree actions in public. I go into condition 1 anytime I pull up to a 7/11 or any other gas station/convenience store and stay there until I leave the parking lot. Those places in the the crack filled town I live nearby get hit on a regular basis. Couple are named "Stop and Buy". I call them the "Stop and Rob" They call our town "The Harbor of Hospitility". I call it the "Harbor of Hostility "!

Thankfully I live in the sticks.
    Agree....711's or similar establishments stink!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    We aren't in a bad part of town at all...pretty low crime rate, but I don't care what the "rate" is, crime still can and does happen everywhere.

Someone mentioned something about having a talk right after it happens isn't going to do anything cause she's preoccupied. Sat her down at home and talked about it. She was more receptive, apologized, and promised to be more careful, and so far she has been.
    Glad to here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links