She just don't get it!

She just don't get it!

This is a discussion on She just don't get it! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The girlfriend knows I carry...kinda hard to keep that a secret with a girlfriend. We were at the gas station buying some things the other ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar

She just don't get it!

The girlfriend knows I carry...kinda hard to keep that a secret with a girlfriend. We were at the gas station buying some things the other day, and she had just made a ton of money waiting tables that night, and she whips out all her cash and flashes it. Couple hundred. I ask her what the heck she thinks she's doing, and she says "it's OK, you're carrying".

No. It is not OK. Yes, I'm carrying, and will defend myself and her, but it's not OK to do things you wouldn't do otherwise because of that. I do not WANT a confrontation (as much as the liberals think we are bloodthirsty fools out looking for trouble). I talk to her about it, and she agrees to cut it out.

Then today we are going to 711 to cash her winning scratch off ticket. We've got 2 guys walking toward us, and what does she do, waves her ticket around saying she won. Again, this is NOT OK. I ask if she'd ever do that if I wasn't around and she says no. I have to go through the whole talk again.

How many times am I going to have to cover this before it gets drilled into her head?

Anyone else dealt with this kind of thing?
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Valium, xanax, or ativan.

my wife has always done stuff like that, waving money around in public. and she carries. and she even did it before she started carrying. i always point it out to her and she says don't be so paranoid. and i can kinda see what she's talking about when she says whats gonna happen in public. i will usually say, true, but i still prefer not to attract attention. whats to stop someone from following us somewhere, not so public. yeah, she has a gun. but i'd rather not take the chance.

I just saw a story on the news about some woman in a bar who pulled out a wad of cash, flashed it, and some guy just snatched it out of her hand and ran. I always try to be low key and not flaunt anything. I also trust no one.
    -Ryan

She seems very immature. She hasn't learned yet that there are times to be serious and times be carefree.

If she keeps it up, one of these days she will tempt fate and it will come down hard on her (and maybe you if you are nearby). Hope she wises up first.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

I'm glad I don't have this issue with my wife, who knows I carry. This is a possible recipe for bad things. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    The girlfriend knows I carry...kinda hard to keep that a secret with a girlfriend. We were at the gas station buying some things the other day, and she had just made a ton of money waiting tables that night, and she whips out all her cash and flashes it. Couple hundred. I ask her what the heck she thinks she's doing, and she says "it's OK, you're carrying".

No. It is not OK. Yes, I'm carrying, and will defend myself and her, but it's not OK to do things you wouldn't do otherwise because of that. I do not WANT a confrontation (as much as the liberals think we are bloodthirsty fools out looking for trouble). I talk to her about it, and she agrees to cut it out.

Then today we are going to 711 to cash her winning scratch off ticket. We've got 2 guys walking toward us, and what does she do, waves her ticket around saying she won. Again, this is NOT OK. I ask if she'd ever do that if I wasn't around and she says no. I have to go through the whole talk again.

How many times am I going to have to cover this before it gets drilled into her head?

Anyone else dealt with this kind of thing?
    Find a new girlfriend! Before you get
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Is she blond?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

The no-BS answer. If all attempts at education fail, dump her. She will get you killed.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Send her to my NRA RTBAV class. Thanks to a "few" LEO friends, I have "stats" on what happens when you are STUPID>

Puffer

She's not blond. And can't just find a new one...the pros very much outweigh the cons with this one.
    -Ryan

There is also a difference between someone not understanding something and how someone chooses to live/be.

Choosing to be with someone includes accepting their attributes you don't agree with, and they, yours.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    She's not blond. And can't just find a new one...the pros very much outweigh the cons with this one.
    Not surprising. The dumb ones know how use their bodies since its usually their only asset. Good luck with your future violent encounter.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

VIP Member
    All you can do is keep going over it, til she gets it....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    Not surprising. The dumb ones know how use their bodies since its usually their only asset. Good luck with your future violent encounter.
    and there will be one, either with her , or with a BG because of her. There is no cure for stupid.
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links