Concealed Carry on Campus

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry on Campus within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I found the website today for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. I took the time to use their links to contact my political ...

Thread: Concealed Carry on Campus

Concealed Carry on Campus

So I found the website today for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. I took the time to use their links to contact my political representatives to push for reform on campus...

What I wanted to share was their videos section. It may have been posted here before but I didn't find it when I searched a bit.

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - ConcealedCampus.com

Very interesting hearing the logical and well-reasoned arguments of SCCC versus the bumbling, non-logical, non-factual based arguments from the sheep.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I've been involved with SCCC since shortly after the Virginia Tech shooting, and I was amazed at how fast the group grew and how well-reasoned and effective we ended up being.

VIP Member
    Good luck to you all in the SCCC. I'm sure greatful that here in Utah, we can carry on school campuses.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I am a life time student. I finish a degree, get bored and go back, repeatedly. I don't feel safe on campus with the current law, not by any means. Until they allow us the right, I take my own precautions.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

If "don't ask, don't tell" is an acceptable policy regarding sexual orientation in the U.S. Military, it sure as *@#! should be acceptable policy regarding possession of a concealed weapon for personal protection ...regardless of my location.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Wow that guy in the first video makes an argument at the end for allowing guns and he doesn't even realize it. If guns were allowed then what would stop a gun man from going into freshmen olny classes where he knows no one would be old enough to carry. Exactly buddy, people who want to committ mass murder are going to go to the places they know are gun free zones.

You can find more of SCCC's well-reasoned arguments here:

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC) Handbook

Carry reform on campus is just such a necessary thing... it's funny how some of the kids interviewed say they would feel so much more unsafe if students were allowed to carry when they realistically probably never think about it off campus.

After a while it would just be completely normal.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I am grateful SCCC is working and I regret that Texas did not pass the legislation in the last session of the Texas congress.

Links