FL is still very speedy

FL is still very speedy

This is a discussion on FL is still very speedy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is my obligatory "It's Here!" thread - this was a renewal. Back in 2005, I mailed my application on 1/31, having done the E-prints ...

Thread: FL is still very speedy

Talking FL is still very speedy

This is my obligatory "It's Here!" thread - this was a renewal.

Back in 2005, I mailed my application on 1/31, having done the E-prints on 1/28. My permit was issued 2/9, and received on 2/12. I thought that was pretty good.

I was a bit worried after seeing so many threads about how many applications FL was processing and how long it was taking, so I hustled when I got the renewal papers with the "allow 10-12 weeks processing time".

I went to CVS and had my passport photos done, filled out the application, wrote a check for $65, and mailed the whole shebang on 10/26/09, regular mail.
    My check was deposited on 10/30, and cleared 11/02.

My permit was mailed 11/9, and received today, 10/12.
    I'm good until 2/09/2017.

I guess the backlog has been cleared, or they give priority to renewals. Gotta love this state. (Especially after 30 years of the MA icicle.)

My wifes 1st time permit filed in March this yr took 121 days...so looks like they got caught up!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Congrats on the speedy renewal.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

I have to add one more thing. I just looked again at the origianl permit, and it shows an issue date of 2/09/2006.

I never noticed that until just now.

Apparently, I walked around with my permit for a full year before it was issued!

VIP Member
    Congrats...Sounds like the backlog is clearing up...I wish it would go that fast in TX, but things are really backed up here...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

From what I hear Florida opened up regional walk in centers to help facilitate the process and decrease the log jam in Tallahassee.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

GM
    Yes, FL is getting better. A friend of mine got her permit for a couple of weeks ago. It took less than three weeks from the day she mailed the papers until she received the permit by mail. That was a big surprise! I do not know what they did, but whatever it was it worked.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I mailed mine in august, still have not seen it. Called today and they still said they are backlogged. They are waiting on my fingerprints to come back clean. I also did the Live Scan on them. I wish it would come already!! lol
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by spensergig View Post
    This is my obligatory "It's Here!" thread - this was a renewal.

Back in 2005, I mailed my application on 1/31, having done the E-prints on 1/28. My permit was issued 2/9, and received on 2/12. I thought that was pretty good.

I was a bit worried after seeing so many threads about how many applications FL was processing and how long it was taking, so I hustled when I got the renewal papers with the "allow 10-12 weeks processing time".

I went to CVS and had my passport photos done, filled out the application, wrote a check for $65, and mailed the whole shebang on 10/26/09, regular mail.
    My check was deposited on 10/30, and cleared 11/02.

I guess the backlog has been cleared, or they give priority to renewals. Gotta love this state. (Especially after 30 years of the MA icicle.)
    Well, maybe and maybe not. FL cashed my check July 1. Still no permit as of today approaching 5 months. I'm not very happy hearing stories like "I got my permit in 60 days". I even called and they told me another month. Backlog cleared? I think not.

I had a friend who files about 25 days after my wife and got his much earlier...so for us, we just figured they were out of control!

This may be the fastest in history.
    You received it 27 days BEFORE you mailed it.
    Good job, Florida!!

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Great news!

My last renewal took 10 days door to door(2006), but my wife's renewal took almost 110 days(2008).
    Sound like things are getting much better now.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Was visiting Orlando, walked into the regional office on Nov 3, waited 30 mins, then they took me as part of the 1000h group. Took 35 mins to do the web stuff and the finger-printing and photo. Drove back to Virginia Nov 11, and my permit was waiting for me in my mailbox. Wow.
    Last edited by tursiops; November 12th, 2009 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    Was visiting Orlando, walked into the regional office on Nov 3, waited 30 mins, then they took me as part of the 1000h group. Took 35 mins to do the web stuff and the finger-printing and photo. Drove back to Virginia Nov 11, and my permit was waiting for me in my mailbox. Wow.
    grrrr. still waiting 143 days

Wink

Must have been delivered by a Postal Carrier that drove a DeLorean DMC-12
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Sponsored Links