What do you members think?

This is a discussion on What do you members think? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I walk out of the mall, and a group of men are violently assaulting a member of YOUR family. Do you want me to intervene? ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do you members think?

I walk out of the mall, and a group of men are violently assaulting a member of YOUR family. Do you want me to intervene? or should I just worry about ME and MY family?
    You had better duck because if it's my family they will be shooting back

2. Remove Ads

If every you present your weapon to defend lives or property you will need legal council afterwards to defend yourself from the criminal and civil consequences that are sure to follow. I see this end result constantly after a shooting.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    cabn anyone really speculate on how they would actually act in any given situation without being in that situation? its a great thread that brings to mind some serious thought about why we carry but as any thread can go it turns into a measurement of dicks because guys dont agree on what is right and what is wrong when they havent even been involved in the situations themselves.

i would...why wouldnt you? if it were your family? if it was an old lady...

cmon....take a step back into reality...the reason the vast majority of us have never had cause to brandish our firearm is because we dont get into situations that require it, we avoid situations that require it and there really arent that many situations in real life that require it. we can make up any situation we want...but until we're in it...we really dont know how we are gonna react.

ive watched some great shooting friends and family lock up drawing down on an animal in the field...until they got there they had no idea they couldnt kill a living thing...what makes you think itll be easy for you? oh i know...its different when its your life or someone elses...or is it?

fire away...

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    If you can live with that, then that's between you and your conscience. Personally, I find it hard to understand how anyone can say unequivocally that they would not step in to help someone unknown to them. While I'm not going to step in between two groups of gangbangers going at each other, I know that if I saw someone severely beating a child, I'd step in. I know that if I saw three hoods beating down an old lady, I'd step in. I'd do this whether I was armed or not. I know I'd do this because I've intervened twice in my life to protect others and both times were long before Kansas had CC. If I have to defend myself in the courts, then so be it but I don't want to have to live with myself if an innocent died or was severely injured if I could have prevented it.

Hoss

And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You had better duck because if it's my family they will be shooting back
    you didn't answer the question.

you didn't answer the question.
    I answered it very explicitly . I want you to duck.

I feel that before we started CC it would have been a fist fight, now that we have a weapon we feel that we have to use it if some one gets in our face.
    It that's your reason to carry, it's the wrong reason, and the wrong attitude. That's like the kid who takes Karate lessons so he can beat up on the "big" guys.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I answered it very explicitly . I want you to duck.
    i got it...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links