A Must Read

This is a discussion on A Must Read within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree one hundred percent! I am stationed in NC and have a PA CCL, which is valid in NC. But because I cant carry ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Must Read

I agree one hundred percent!

I am stationed in NC and have a PA CCL, which is valid in NC. But because I cant carry on base, I have to keep my handgun locked up at a friends house out on town.

Here in the Marine Corps, the only people armed are the MPs, the contract police officers, and the Officer Of the Day for each Battalion. Seems to me thats a pretty low percentage of armed people to defend some couple thousand Marines from an attack of any sorts.

Something needs to be done, because I am tired of not having a right to carry on base.
    Just remember: When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2. Remove Ads

Armed citizen-soldiers are part of the armed citizenry. The political elite are threatened by an armed citizenry. Seems consistent to me.

Are Trevor and VirtueKnight the same person? Someone called Trevor blogged the original article. Regardless, welcome and thanks for posting, VirtueKnight.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Great Post as Mel Gibson said in his movie FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMM

VIP Member
    Excellent read, and welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service.

Who ever said the government was smart?

I still remember when they sent the Rangers into Bosnia to serve food. Now that makes sense to me. Train guys to kill in very effective ways, then hand them a spoon to serve soup.

Why are we surprised when they train these brave men and women to fight, then disarm them? We dont want to appear to be "threating" in combat or anything.

As long as this guy is driving the "American" car, we are all at risk of getting hurt. God willing someone wakes up and pulls their head out, well you know where from, and arms our troops on base. Im not that confident it will happen, but im praying.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Terrorists have know about this for decades, our servicemembers have been targets off base and have remained unarmed even in the face of terrorist attacks even during the Reagan administration.

I was stationed at Clark Air Base in the Philippines in 1987 when the Sparrow assasination squads of the New Peoples Army were killing US servicemembers. I narrowly missed being killed myself, but they chose to kill someone else only an hour after I had been in the area. We were in Threatcon Delta for a month afterwards, then rotate between Charlie and Delta as they would assasinate a servicemember every few months. Never once did they arm us or allow us to be armed. Their solution? Ordering us to stop wearing uniforms and take a different route to work every day from off base. As if that actually worked, it didn't.

So yes, I know what it's like to be specifically targeted (I wont go into details) while just going about your daily business or going to work, while being unarmed and unable to defend myself if TSHTF.

If they wouldn't allow servicemember to be armed on base or off base during the Reagan administration, it sure as hell isn't going to happen under this Obama administration.

SO SO TRUE. As a vet I always thought about this exact thing! they gave me the best professional training in the world! they entrusted me with the responsibility of defending our country! They sent me to war and had me kill other people and had no problem in trusting me with any type of weapon in there arsenal!But I couldn't lock and load until I was past the wire in the combat zone!In the barracks or when back in the states myself and all the other troops were treated like damn incompetent fools! All firearms are taken and locked up in the armory! no personal sidearms are allowed!I think it's a shameful disgrace to the troops personally, but that's our Government and there rational thinking at it's best.
    I have no idea how strictly they enforce this rule now,it's been a long long time since I was in! I was a Vietnam Vet and we were one Crazy bunch of nut's,and I mean Crazy,there wasn't to many of us that didn't have a personal little piece we kept on us,either a .22 or .380 something very concealable,but they very rarely searched our locker's and never did body searches,They did however rotate our asses out as fast as they could!

Welcome to DC and great post.

I watch the TV show NCIS and this reminded me of an episode. The female Israeli agent (can’t spell her name and not going to try) walks into onto an American military base and looks around. She looks at her fellow agent and states "are all of these men and women soldiers" he says "yes" she then asks "well why aren’t they armed".

The point behind that is if you go to other countries and look at their military bases they are armed. As a former Marine every day I thought about what I would do if my base was attacked and we don’t have a lot of options

I totally agree. At the very least all SNCO's and Officers should be allowed to carry. Good Post.
    Carrying a gun means I am prepared for one more eventuality than those who do not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links