A Must Read

This is a discussion on A Must Read within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The easy way to kill American soldiers Posted by Trevor in featured, memewars, military on Nov 9th, 2009 | 2 Comments If you want to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Must Read

A Must Read

The easy way to kill American soldiers
    Posted by Trevor in featured, memewars, military on Nov 9th, 2009 | 2 Comments
    If you want to kill as many American soldiers as possible just attack them outside a “combat zone.” As a soldier and former marine, I’ve thought about this issue for many years because I am effectively deprived of my right to self-defense about 98% percent of the time I am in uniform. All it takes to slaughter American troops currently is a little willpower, access to weapons and enough intelligence to find troops on maneuvers around their home base anywhere inside the United States or anywhere outside a so-called combat zone. Just ask Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan. He managed to kill 13 and wound 42 with two pistols inside the biggest Army base in the United States. And here you were thinking soldiers have guns. You were wrong. Soldiers mostly have paperwork these days.
    Imagine what would happen if a professional cadre of determined aggressors armed with sniper rifles and the right training and experience actively started attacking the hundreds of unarmed military convoys that travel on U.S. highways daily. Just this weekend, I was traveling in such a convoy and I thought about exactly this scenario. We had rifles, to be sure. But they were locked up and we had no ammunition. My personal concealed carry pistol, an H&K .45 USP, is prohibited on base or when in the field even though I am a staff sergeant with combat experience. I carry this pistol every single day as a civilian and take my responsibility to defend my own life and the lives of those around me very seriously. The Army doesn’t believe in my right to defend the lives of myself and my fellow citizens. Except when a bureaucrat says it is OK, of course. The circumstances of my ability to engage an enemy with years of training are dictated by the faceless and the nameless. Men and women unknown to me decide whether I might live or die based in irrational criteria and flawed thinking.
    A gun free zone is only gun free until someone ignores the rules and brings a gun into the so-called zone. There is no such thing as a safe zone. We live on a tiny little ball of matter spinning wildly through a universe filled with danger. That doesn’t mean we should live paranoid existences filled with wailing and gnashing of teeth. It does mean that we should encourage human beings to think. It means that we should understand our own infinitesimal fragility. It means that those of us who can should carry fire extinguishers, first aid kits, emergency food rations and guns and ammo at all times. These are basic survival tools and may be needed at the drop of a hat. No one locks up firefighters’ axes while they are off duty. That would be silly. Yet soldiers who are not actively engaged in security operations are deprived of weapons and ammunition. That makes our domestic military installations the biggest targets in United States. Sure, there are quick reaction forces. They are small and if there really were sleeper cells in the U.S. as we’ve been told it would be easy to attack and overwhelm these forces.
    In the name of political correctness, we have murdered our own protectors by depriving them of their second amendment rights. This should shame us. The very people we train to protect us are disarmed by our own political class because of cowardice and mistrust. Do not give a man a gun if you do not trust him. Maybe you shouldn’t give him a uniform either. God didn’t design snakes with removable fangs for a reason. An Army that uses the motto “train as we fight” but disarms it soldiers the majority of the time might be broken. Is anyone going to step up and ask that we fix this? I am.
    If you are a member of the “armed services” you should be armed. At all damn times. That way, when a psychopath is loose in your midst and is also armed, you don’t have to die running away from the danger.
    How do we avoid another massacre such as the one perpetrated by Nidal Malik Hasan? We do the following:

Encourage all officers and NCOs to carry loaded weapons at all times
    Train all uniformed servicemembers to respond to enemy shooters in domestic environments
    Begin training enlisted troops regarding the serious responsibilities they are being entrusted with (carrying a firearm at all times) beginning with basic training/boot camp – by the time they are NCOs 99.9% of them will be completely adjusted to the idea and comfortable with it
    Encourage retired military to be armed at all times wherever they are
    Create widespread awareness of these programs in the media
    Ideas are always more powerful than weapons. Ideas kill people every single day on this planet. Bad ideas like gun free zones kill more people than they save. Stupid ideas like disarmed military population clusters are so asinine that I would quit the military if I didn’t need health insurance and supplemental retirement income to offset my huge tax burden, without which I could be paying for all the health care I need while saving for rainy days and my “golden years.” Thanks Congress. Thank you entrenched career busybodies in Washington, D.C. Thanks for nothing.
    Sincerely,
    An idealistic staff sergeant
    P.S. If you think I’m just a nutjob read what other veterans and servicemembers are saying:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...good-news.html
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...fort-hood.html

2. Remove Ads

A good read...thank you for sharing!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

VIP Member
    How true and how sad...it's a shame that our soldiers who have sworn an oath to defend the constitution, have their own rights taken from them..
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Second, RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

We live on a tiny little ball of matter spinning wildly through a universe filled with danger. That doesn’t mean we should live paranoid existences filled with wailing and gnashing of teeth. It does mean that we should encourage human beings to think.
    ...hehe
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Great post. Welcome to the board!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

ctm
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtueKnight View Post
    Sincerely,
    An idealistic staff sergeant
    P.S. If you think I’m just a nutjob read what other veterans and servicemembers are saying:
    I don't think you'll find many around here that think you are a nutjob...but I'm sure their will be one or two...

For what it's worth, I'm in total agreement, and would also like to extend a WELCOME and THANKS for your post.

RMS
    Good read. Welcome from West Kentucky.

Excellent. Here is a link to a Fox News article that agrees. Good for Fox.
    Time to Put An End to Army Bases as Gun-Free Zones - FOXNews.com
    NRA Life Member

What would be the general feeling of wearing an EMPTY (can I reemphasize EMPTY ?) holster in uniform? It seem to me this might highlight one's inability to defend himself, which could be called equipment familiarization to avoid being considered political action.
    Last edited by Alarnik; November 14th, 2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: To improve clarity

Senior Moderator
    We'll never see soldiers being armed unless they are in combat.

Our politicians are just too scared of it...from the top on down.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Excellent first post.

Be warned. You've set the bar pretty high. We expect the rest of your posts to be as good!!

Welcome to DC.com from Victoria, B.C.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    We'll never see soldiers being armed unless they are in combat.

Our politicians are just too scared of it...from the top on down.
    This.

Although it's a shame that the men and women who volunteer to serve and protect this country are completely stripped of their right to self defense, nothings ever going to change until the policymakers on Capitol hill are changed.

If you want to help them, get out and vote the current crop of braindead numbnuts out of office & get some people in there who care about the American public and it's defenders, not just about getting re-elected.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Senior Moderator
    Its is a shame and it is not only ridiculous, but stupid.

As for the policy makers, most of them are mice and they dont like cats with sharp claws.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Amen to that HotGuns.

Btw, exceptional first post there VirtueKnight! Welcome from middle Tennessee!

+1

Welcome from OHIO
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links