Should I stop carrying a pistol? - Page 2

Should I stop carrying a pistol?

This is a discussion on Should I stop carrying a pistol? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Personally I would not put a firearm in a bag that is not attached to my person...but that is just me. Do what is comfortable ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Personally I would not put a firearm in a bag that is not attached to my person...but that is just me.

Do what is comfortable to you and thus brings you comfort...but know how to use it and use it well!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

VIP Member
    I'd drop the BUG and put the OC spray in it's place... It gives you a less lethal option you didn't have before...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    its a long shot youre ever gonna need one..much less both firearms. but then again in the event you do it would be nice to have em.

i carry iwb at 4:00 and locking blade on my weak side to defend if i'm taken on my strong side. on some trips there is a secong blade in my right boot and on others a third in my left. there are many other variations but i never stray from gun strong side and blade weak.

ive been toying around with pepper spray lately since there was a freak dog attack in our neighborhood (what we thought was a well behaved lab got crazy on another dog and nearly took out a kid also) and my area does have its share of pedator animals. the new foams i understand are very powerful and they stay where theyre sprayed without drift back to the user.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Holy Beniot Balls Batman! Seriously though! A trip to Wally World or the gas station doesn't require a Batman belt. A pistol, spare magazine, knife and a cell phone should suffice.Don't forget your American Express where they dont accept Visa or Master Card though. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    its benoit or ben-wa...please get your sex toys straight if youre gonna talk about them on a defensive carry site...

Your another one of them guys that needs to stay away from the lake!
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

VIP Member
    It's good you're keeping things simple. Once you've found what works best for you, keep it consistent. I manage to keep no more than two items in one pocket. My primary (45) is strong side IWB behind the hip, and the ID goes in the weak side front pocket with the light, so I don't flash the primary in the checkout line. Strong side front pocket holds keys and 2 1/2" folding general purpose knife. Strong side rear pocket holds primary fighting knife (leek) but no coins, especially dimes. Weak side rear pocket holds ambidextrous BUG (PM40). On the belt at the weak side hip I carry the cell phone first, then OC, and spare mag last. You don't want to be trying to stuff OC or the cell into the mag well.

After I work in the crossed bandoleers, the shottie and AR10 can sling on the shoulders. I'm working on a trailer hitch for the 105:)
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Administrator
    Forget about OC, IMO, thats a big mistake a lot of people make. (thats a topic for another thread)

I really don't see the need to load yourself down as if you are an LEO looking for a fight. I tend to think rather simple. A smaller, medium caliber pistol with reload, folder, and maybe a light.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links