How long did it take for you to recieve your FLA non-resident?

This is a discussion on How long did it take for you to recieve your FLA non-resident? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious, approx. how long did it take for you guys that have a FLA non-resident permit to receive it in the mail after you ...

Thread: How long did it take for you to recieve your FLA non-resident?

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Just curious, approx. how long did it take for you guys that have a FLA non-resident permit to receive it in the mail after you submited all paperwork?

Thanks.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Got mine about a year ago, and at that time it was 45 days.

Assistant Administrator
    Mine was also about a year ago - Jan 2005 IIRC I submitted my info. I got one letter back saying they wanted proof of PA residency - which I was certain I had included - but anyways sent another utility bill and got the final thing thru after I guess 60 days or under.

The in between hassle lost at least week I expect so it could have been nearer 50 days or better. They do say 90 days I believe and supposedly electronic finger printing speeds things up - my prints tho were done the old ink way at local sheriff's office.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

First time about a month and a half - two months. Renewl was 30 days.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I applied in 2001 and it took them just a bit over 120 days!

Turns out that they couldn't see the embossed Notary seal on the scanned copy (they take your original, scan it in and work off that) so they had me in limbo. I called them on 9/11/01 and asked the status, had her look more carefully and then she admitted that all was OK with my application and it took it's course!

Got it in December 2001, a week after I had planned to go to FL for a LE convention. My plans got canceled post 9/11 since the NYPD chapter of our org were the folks planning/running the convention and I didn't think it was going to happen that year.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I want to say mine took 54 days - it was a couple of years ago. Mine took longer than usual because I used to be a prosecutor so I opted out of the public listing of CCW holders, and they had to call my old office and confirm that I was what I said.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich
    I want to say mine took 54 days - it was a couple of years ago. Mine took longer than usual because I used to be a prosecutor so I opted out of the public listing of CCW holders, and they had to call my old office and confirm that I was what I said.
    Hmm, that might have contributed to my delay too.

Since I am LE, I also requested to opt out of the public listing. But I think that I provided them copies of my credentials with the application, so they didn't need to do a lot of checking unless they do it as SOP.

Hey fellas,

I was looking at the FLA requirements for a non res CCW, and I didn't see anything about existing CCW holders? It says to get a fingerprint card or you can file electronically to speed up the process ......wouldn't having a CCW already somehow speed up the process? or do you just have to start it all over like everyone else?
    Also, I saw that a DD214 counted as a training certificate but would an Honorable Discharge cert count? or a certificate of training for Security Police?
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I applied in Mid February and received it today. Even had it kicked back due to the print cards not being signed by who took the prints. Also, ccw from another states means nothing and they wiil take a copy of the discharge certificate if you don't have your 214, just looked it up in their instructions. They are a bear about the fingerprint cards so make sure you read and re-read the instructions as they will kick them back for anything thats out of order.

Sponsored Links