Confronted in the Parking lot - Page 3

Confronted in the Parking lot

This is a discussion on Confronted in the Parking lot within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I admit I have gotten into the wrong car before. I pulled into my neighbors driveway once by accident and also had the heck scared ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confronted in the Parking lot

I admit I have gotten into the wrong car before. I pulled into my neighbors driveway once by accident and also had the heck scared out of me when a lady started jerking on my passenger side door handle while I was parked waiting for the wife at walmart.

About 12 years ago I was parked in the parking lot of the Las Vegas Post office. A blue maverick pulled in and parked. The male drive stayed in the car and the female went into the Post office.

A couple of minutes late another Blue maverick pull into to another space closer to the door. This maverick had a black driver. He was sitting in the car doing something with some letters he brought with him when the white female came out of the post office reading a letter and holding more mail in the other hand.

Yup you guess it, She walked over to the closest blue maverick open the door without looking inside, Still reading the letter, set down closed the door and then looked over at the driver.

She ejected herself out of that car faster then a pilot could out of a jet plane.
    She was frighten, confused and looking like she was going to start screaming.

Just about Total Panic time she spotted the correct car. Her husband was laughing so hard I bet he peed his pants. I was also laughing so much I was about to join him in having wet pants.

She ran to her car, got in and slammed the door and I wish I could have heard what she was telling her husband. I could see she was an unhappy camper and was yelling at him.

The black driver of the closest blue maverick was almost as frighten as she was, by the look on his face. He never went into the post office and left the parking lot in a hurry.

When I calmed down I actually felt sorry for both of them.

Her SA wasn't working. That has stayed with me as a reminder to reinforce that keeping your SA is your key to surivial

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Reminds me of the story (probably an urban legend) I heard years ago…

A woman came out of a grocery store, arms filled with purchases.
    She walked up to her blue Toyota Camry and discovered 2 young punks sitting in it, music blaring. She dropped her groceries, grabbed her .38 from her purse, and ordered them out of the car. 1 went out the passenger window, the other through the sunroof.

She put the groceries in the back seat, and climbed into the driver’s seat, when she realized it’s not her car. She looked around to discover her identical blue Camry one row over.

Never heard of any arrest, so…
    You mean this one?

YouTube - Grandma carjacks thugs Get out of my car
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Atleast everything worked out, and dont worry. My dad did one better, he went to get a buddies car one, he came back with someone elses car. His buddy was kinda shocked but it all worked out
    I almost drove off in the wrong car years back.

I had an '88 Honda Accord 5 speed. I came out of the mall, found the car, unlocked it, got in, started her right up and went to push the clutch pedal but it wasn't there.

I was in someone else's car.

Apparenty Honda didn't have that many key variations back in the day.

Dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    About 12 years ago I was parked in the parking lot of the Las Vegas Post office. A blue maverick pulled in and parked. The male drive stayed in the car and the female went into the Post office.

A couple of minutes late another Blue maverick pull into to another space closer to the door. This maverick had a black driver. He was sitting in the car doing something with some letters he brought with him when the white female came out of the post office reading a letter and holding more mail in the other hand.

Yup you guess it, She walked over to the closest blue maverick open the door without looking inside, Still reading the letter, set down closed the door and then looked over at the driver.

She ejected herself out of that car faster then a pilot could out of a jet plane.
    She was frighten, confused and looking like she was going to start screaming.

Just about Total Panic time she spotted the correct car. Her husband was laughing so hard I bet he peed his pants. I was also laughing so much I was about to join him in having wet pants.

She ran to her car, got in and slammed the door and I wish I could have heard what she was telling her husband. I could see she was an unhappy camper and was yelling at him.

The black driver of the closest blue maverick was almost as frighten as she was, by the look on his face. He never went into the post office and left the parking lot in a hurry.

When I calmed down I actually felt sorry for both of them.

Her SA wasn't working. That has stayed with me as a reminder to reinforce that keeping your SA is your key to surivial

my dad went to the tag office once to get a tag for his 86 mercury cougar it was dark grey factory smoked tail light lenses red interior red pinstripe alum wheels.... he went in came back out opened the door sat down then realized the keys were already in the ignition.... he was in the wrong car(looked identical in every way but parked 2-3 spaces over) as there were 2 kids sitting alone in the back seat funny it was the wrong car but sad someone left the car unattended with their kids and keys in it
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

I used to have a 1971 GMC 2500 in two tone white/blue and after I came out of the store I saw one similar to mine but the truck had a different grille. Mine was the "Custom" model and had a special grille and this truck wasn't. I walked to the truck and got in and checked the glove box. Inside was the registration and a S&W .38 revolver. I knew the road that the house was on and I tried my key in the ignition and it worked. I drove this truck to the address on the registration and when I got there my truck was backed in to the driveway. I pulled into the driveway beside my truck and went to the door and knocked. When the guy came to the door I asked him if he was just at the store that I was at and he said yes and I asked him if he drove his truck home and he said yes. Then I asked him if he was sure he drove “his” truck home and pointed at the driveway. We went out and I showed him the grille and he checked the registration in the truck he drove home and he got kinda red in the face. He thanked me for not being upset with him and he invited me to sit on his porch and have a Coca-Cola.

When I left his house, I drove to the GMC Truck dealership and had my truck re-keyed. The keys were wore anyways.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2¼ barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

HKR
    I worked 3rd shift for about six months with an older gentleman that drove a black Chevrolet truck. I drove a dark blue truck of the same make and model. Same condition, even had the same brand tires. It was nothing for us to come out at 3am (after working 12+hrs) and try to get in each other's truck.
    One weekend I went and bought a toolbox to go on it. As the wife and I were leaving Lowe's we bumped into my coworker who was there getting a toolbox for his truck. It was a constant joke among our other coworkers.

Not long before my father-in-law passed away, He drove down to a nearby convenience store to buy something(probably a six pack of beer), When he came outside, he couldn't find his black Ford F150. He went back inside and called the police to report it stolen. He then called his wife to come pick him up. The police arrived minutes before the wife and were taking a report, when the wife drove up, in my father-in-law's truck. Her Red Maverick was parked in the lot a few spaces away from where he was standing. My father-in-law always said that the whole thing was even more embarrassing because he was stone sober at the time.

My uncle did one better. Drove "his" Honda Accord all the way home from the grocery one day, went to push the garage door opener and it wasn't there. Looked all over the car, then finally in the glove box. Everything was different. Looked for his registration in the glovebox and found that he was in someone else's car, exactly the same model/color/year Accord and the key worked! (before the days where keyless entry was common).

I forget exactly what happened next, but everything worked out in the end. Wouldn't have believed the story if it wasn't my aunt who told it.

BTW... kudos for not jumping the gun (so to speak)
    Each of us has a natural right, from God, to defend his person, his liberty, and his property.

Frederic Bastiat

Glad it all worked out..
    Back when I was a "over the road trucker" I stopped at a truck stop and ran inside to take care of business. When I came out I climbed back in my company truck. While I was getting comfortable I looked around and wondered who's crap is this in my truck! And where is my crap! All the sudden it dawned on me... not my truck!! I climbed out and went two spots over got in my truck and left.

Yeah the wife drives a brownish grey focus like 1,000,000,000 other people. I ran to the gas station to get some soda, got into a car, turned arround to put the pop in the back seat and saw a hand saw. I then got out of THE car and got in MY car and went home.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

A favorite family story of mine took place in Brooklyn in the winter of 1950. After a nice Sunday dinner with the relatives, my Dad came back from the car and said the lock was frozen up. They got hot water, oil and finally hangers to try to get into the car. A nice job was done on the window weatherstripping too. It wasn't until my mother noticed that the car had seat covers that she realized it was someone elses. Their car was two or three spots behind. I heard they wasted no time getting in their car and disappearing.

VIP Member
    WHOOPS!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The closest I have gotten to this is my 01 dodge that had the OEM anti theft system. Pulled into a strip mall, the wife and I got out and I hit the "arm" button". My horn honks, and two rows over a beautiful, restored 60's mustang horn beeps at the same time. I look around thinking that someone else just hit their button a the same time. Hit the button again, two horns.

I do this a couple more times to both verify and laugh a little, then it dawns on me, "Crap. My truck is locked and armed, now his is unlocked and disarmed."

I opted to arm his and just manually lock mine. Still had to laugh a little.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I had a similar situation happen to my ex roommate and myself. This did not involve a gun. I used to live in Manhattan's Lower Est Side in a six story walk up. So the story goes one late evening ( or early morning) and we were intoxicated. So after running up the flights of stairs we were home, turned the door knob and entered our apartment. Well after a few minutes we began to noticed things did not look right. Wow, we entered our downstairs neighbors apartment, all good we knew each! They were actually college girls, that God I did not try to enter my bedroom!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links