Defensive Carry banner

Confronted in the Parking lot

7K views 46 replies 45 participants last post by  Anubis 
#1 ·
I went to the local grocery store tonight for some ice cream,as I was leaving I was doing my usual 360 sweep and as I limped to my Jeep with my cane I got to the drivers door and it was dark out,as I started to unlock the door I noticed a guy at the back of the jeep and thought crap,either a pan handler or I'm about to let him meet Colt.I looked at him and said can I help you,and he said this is my Jeep :gah:mI looked closer and said oh crap sorry theres my jeep,and pointed in the other handicap stall.What's the chance of 2 jeeps same color parking almost next to each other,been a long time since that happened,a few years ago I had a 98 chevy blazer and my key opened another blazers door,at that point I realised it wasn't mine

#2 ·
Atleast everything worked out, and dont worry. My dad did one better, he went to get a buddies car one, he came back with someone elses car. His buddy was kinda shocked but it all worked out

#34 ·
I almost drove off in the wrong car years back.

I had an '88 Honda Accord 5 speed. I came out of the mall, found the car, unlocked it, got in, started her right up and went to push the clutch pedal but it wasn't there.

I was in someone else's car.

Apparenty Honda didn't have that many key variations back in the day.

Dirty

#3 ·
Been there before. Glad there he didn't hassle you and that you didn't panic. It's a three scoop kind of night after that.

#4 ·
Where is the "confrontation" ?

#5 ·
At first thought,dark parking lot,handicapped,I'm in between a vehicle and a cart roundup and nobody else around,and some stranger is standing at the back of "MY" vehicle looking at me,I was thinking I'm about to get jumped

#7 ·
It's probably a good idea that you didn't shoot him over HIS jeep!:rofl:

#9 ·
How was the ice cream?

I doubt I wold have had the opportunity to make the same mistake. My vehicles are all quite distinctive, especially the "daily driver". Around here you don't see a lot of Broncos, especially in black. And I only know of one with 3 inch tall lettering in the back window that reads "If you can't run with the Big Dogs, get a minivan":image035:

#10 ·
I had a lady get in my truck once a few years ago. I was sitting out front waiting for my buddy to bring back the food. There were two green Dodge Dakotas, and the lady got in mine. The funny part is I let her do it and see how long it would take her to notice. Sure enough she was pretty embarrassed once she looked up.

#11 ·
Reminds me of the story (probably an urban legend) I heard years ago…

A woman came out of a grocery store, arms filled with purchases.
She walked up to her blue Toyota Camry and discovered 2 young punks sitting in it, music blaring. She dropped her groceries, grabbed her .38 from her purse, and ordered them out of the car. 1 went out the passenger window, the other through the sunroof.

She put the groceries in the back seat, and climbed into the driver’s seat, when she realized it’s not her car. She looked around to discover her identical blue Camry one row over.

Never heard of any arrest, so…

#13 ·
Good object lesson here. You're statistically more likely to meet someone with the same exact vehicle in the same parking lot with a handicapped tag like you than you are to meet someone you'll need to perforate.

Live accordingly.

#14 ·
This could have turned out very bad, it could have just as easily been a robbery or worse. I try to be very careful on dark parking lots.

Not long ago came out of W Mart late one night pushing cart with wife in lead. She is getting better and better at being aware. When I pushed cart up to back of car I noticed she had her hand on her CC and I got sort of big eyed. She said "don't worry I have your back." Sometimes there may be on real danger that is seen, but the alarm bell still goes off.

What make of Colt were you packing?

#26 ·
What make of Colt were you packing?
Colt Combat Commander XSE
Actually my SA is pretty good,but I couldn't see the entrance to the store from drivers side of Jeep,The owner probably figured my disabled butt had the wrong vehicle since he saw me trying to stick a key in the door and the "Can I Help You".Mistakes happen everyday and not everything you see may be as it seems at first look.This close to Mexico has a lot of vehicle thefts and other crimes,It all turned out for the best and I will be getting a new key fob to unlock my jeep since I lost my other one over a year ago

#16 ·
I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened at work. There are at least three Indigo blue Chevy S-10 pickups, identical except for one thing on each. One has aftermarket wheels, one has an amber light and CB antenna on the roof, the other is stock. There are several other vehicles in the lot that seem to be duplicates of another.

#22 ·
This is a silly story but what the heck. When I was in the Navy I lived in a rough Mexican gang neighborhood in San Diego. It was all my roommates and I could afford (and it was way better than living in the barracks). One of my roommates and I had the same schedule so we would car pool.

One morning when it was my turn to drive I went out to my car to get it running while my buddy finished locking up the house. I pulled out of my spot (parallel parked) and backed up to where my buddy was locking up. Unknown to me as I backed up there was a hooker walking up the sidewalk behind me. My friend finished locking up and turned toward my car just as the hooker walked past. She saw me back up and as I reached over and unlocked the passenger door she just opened the door and got in. I said to her "Excuse me!" in a not so nice tone. She said that she thought I wanted her to get in (the whole backing up, unlocking thing). I had to point out my roommate to her (who by this time was standing right outside the door) and explain to her that he was why I was unlocking the door. She realized her mistake and while getting out she said "better luck next time" flashed her hideous boobs and left. She was the nastiest skankiest woman I had ever seen and my friend wasn't sure he even wanted to sit in the seat where she had been.

She did make good with her life though, I have since seen her on C-span. She is now the Speaker of the House. :)

#24 ·
I used to have a red Jeep Cherokee. At my local grocery store, they have sodium vapor lights. Come nighttime, my Jeep would appear an ugly shade of brown. One night, I spoke with a city cop about the light's coloring. He related a report he got of a stolen car. Late one afternoon, a lady driver had parked her car at the store and gone inside for her weekly shopping. By the time she came out, it was dark. She walked right over to where she thought she had parked but didn't see her car. Assuming it was stolen, she called SDPD. They responded and she gave them her info, including the car's license number. One cop turned around, walked over to where she said she had parked and read off the license of a similar model car that was now parked there. It was her car. Gotta love that lighting! Cops had a really good laugh and I expect that she was very impressed with their detective skills. Oh yeah, she had a red car.

#25 ·
Funny story. I actually had my key in the door of another jeep once and was trying to figure out why I couldn't open the door before I looked inside and realized "wrong jeep". Was glad no one was watching.

#28 ·
The wife had trouble finding a new SUV that I got her. "Just press the red button." I told her. Boy was she mad.

#29 ·
I was locked out and I climbed up on the wrong balcony once and entered the wrong apartment. The couch in the wrong place didn't seem to register right away (rattle, rattle). I backed out of there really slowly. I don't think anyone was home - somehow I have been able to survive to adulthood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.