Confronted in the Parking lot

This is a discussion on Confronted in the Parking lot within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the local grocery store tonight for some ice cream,as I was leaving I was doing my usual 360 sweep and as I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confronted in the Parking lot

Confronted in the Parking lot

I went to the local grocery store tonight for some ice cream,as I was leaving I was doing my usual 360 sweep and as I limped to my Jeep with my cane I got to the drivers door and it was dark out,as I started to unlock the door I noticed a guy at the back of the jeep and thought crap,either a pan handler or I'm about to let him meet Colt.I looked at him and said can I help you,and he said this is my Jeep mI looked closer and said oh crap sorry theres my jeep,and pointed in the other handicap stall.What's the chance of 2 jeeps same color parking almost next to each other,been a long time since that happened,a few years ago I had a 98 chevy blazer and my key opened another blazers door,at that point I realised it wasn't mine
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Atleast everything worked out, and dont worry. My dad did one better, he went to get a buddies car one, he came back with someone elses car. His buddy was kinda shocked but it all worked out
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Been there before. Glad there he didn't hassle you and that you didn't panic. It's a three scoop kind of night after that.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Where is the "confrontation" ?

At first thought,dark parking lot,handicapped,I'm in between a vehicle and a cart roundup and nobody else around,and some stranger is standing at the back of "MY" vehicle looking at me,I was thinking I'm about to get jumped
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    At first thought,dark parking lot,handicapped,I'm in between a vehicle and a cart roundup and nobody else around,and some stranger is standing at the back of "MY" vehicle looking at me,I was thinking I'm about to get jumped
    That's what the keypad is for, so you can find your car.

It's probably a good idea that you didn't shoot him over HIS jeep!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

so much for your SA...
    "Brains before Bullets"

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    How was the ice cream?

I doubt I wold have had the opportunity to make the same mistake. My vehicles are all quite distinctive, especially the "daily driver". Around here you don't see a lot of Broncos, especially in black. And I only know of one with 3 inch tall lettering in the back window that reads "If you can't run with the Big Dogs, get a minivan"
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I went to the local grocery store tonight for some ice cream,as I was leaving I was doing my usual 360 sweep and as I limped to my Jeep with my cane I got to the drivers door and it was dark out,as I started to unlock the door I noticed a guy at the back of the jeep and thought crap,either a pan handler or I'm about to let him meet Colt.I looked at him and said can I help you,and he said this is my Jeep mI looked closer and said oh crap sorry theres my jeep,and pointed in the other handicap stall.What's the chance of 2 jeeps same color parking almost next to each other,been a long time since that happened,a few years ago I had a 98 chevy blazer and my key opened another blazers door,at that point I realised it wasn't mine
    I had a lady get in my truck once a few years ago. I was sitting out front waiting for my buddy to bring back the food. There were two green Dodge Dakotas, and the lady got in mine. The funny part is I let her do it and see how long it would take her to notice. Sure enough she was pretty embarrassed once she looked up.

Reminds me of the story (probably an urban legend) I heard years ago…

A woman came out of a grocery store, arms filled with purchases.
    She walked up to her blue Toyota Camry and discovered 2 young punks sitting in it, music blaring. She dropped her groceries, grabbed her .38 from her purse, and ordered them out of the car. 1 went out the passenger window, the other through the sunroof.

She put the groceries in the back seat, and climbed into the driver’s seat, when she realized it’s not her car. She looked around to discover her identical blue Camry one row over.

Never heard of any arrest, so…
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    funny story...

years ago when nobody locked their cars i jumped into a 72 plymouth valiant identical to mine and fumbled with the key in the ignition for a minute until i realized the floral kleenex box on the seat didnt look like anything i would purchase...ooops...

Good object lesson here. You're statistically more likely to meet someone with the same exact vehicle in the same parking lot with a handicapped tag like you than you are to meet someone you'll need to perforate.

Live accordingly.

This could have turned out very bad, it could have just as easily been a robbery or worse. I try to be very careful on dark parking lots.

Not long ago came out of W Mart late one night pushing cart with wife in lead. She is getting better and better at being aware. When I pushed cart up to back of car I noticed she had her hand on her CC and I got sort of big eyed. She said "don't worry I have your back." Sometimes there may be on real danger that is seen, but the alarm bell still goes off.

What make of Colt were you packing?

VIP Member
    My wife got into some else jeep once before thinking it was hers, it happens.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links