Busted: Someone finally noticed my carry gear

This is a discussion on Busted: Someone finally noticed my carry gear within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ..."colostamy bag". Talk about the end of that conversation! Worked like a charm! I laughed for 5 minutes picturing that--all the grandkids wondered what grandpa ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Busted: Someone finally noticed my carry gear

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    ..."colostamy bag". Talk about the end of that conversation!

Worked like a charm!
    I laughed for 5 minutes picturing that--all the grandkids wondered what grandpa thought was so funny--told them they wouldn't undersand--yet
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice post Grady!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

If she didn't figure out you were packing a sidearm I sure wouldn't say you were made. The lady simply felt something strange, could have been anything, obviously if she thought it was a gun she would have made a bigger deal about it. I would drop the subject and continue on as life as normal, you and your wife did just fine, congrats!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Grady, nice post as always. I think we have the same truss type holster and so far I have been lucky, only my kids have noticed it.

The only other way I can see you concealing a weapon and have the accessibility of the Deep Concealment holster would be one of those compression holster shirts, but who has $65 for an undershirt?

Keep working at it, just like the rest of us.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

ntg
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post
    I laughed for 5 minutes picturing that--all the grandkids wondered what grandpa thought was so funny--told them they wouldn't undersand--yet
    I too can't stop chuckling...the lady's expression on her face would have been priceless.

I too appreciate your posts. It's nice to have some folks thinking things through and serious about CC verses those who do it " 'cuz its cool"...and don't really understand what it is they're doing/saying with a gun strapped on.

VIP Member
    Grady,
    when reading your story I thought you were gonna say "I stood up, my pants fell down and my smart carry was exposed"

don't sweat that situation, I'm sure she has no clue about your suspenders, back brace (from your injury lifting a heavy item at work), shoulder brace from rotator cuff injury throwing your 100mph fastball, etc etc etc

I don't consider this situation to be on par with the weapon being visible or someone actually putting a hand on the weapon
    carry on bro, you're doing well
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    ... I'm not going to stop experimenting with different carry methods to find what works the best...
    I'm not sure there is a "best" system. I prefer to practice, practice, and practice some more with a single, reliable, proven, and trustworthy system than continually experiment with different systems. Getting quality training in defensive handgun tactics can really help with this.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Grady,
    Maybe the lady thought you were wearing a bra and was wanting to confirm with your wife that you were kinky.

Semper Fi
    Same thing I was thinking, I believe on Seinfeld they referred to it as a "mansierre"

Grady, you beat me to it (and you knew I'd be reading this)..........I knew a restaurant would be involved

BTW- good/funny choice of words ----> "waddle out"
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I don't care if people know I am carrying a pistol. It is not against the law.People that are not afraid of guns don't care and if people are afraid of guns and don't want to be around me I don't care. Life is too short to be around people that don't approve of things that I do. My right to defend myself and whats mine is not up for debate or a vote. Larry

CCW Friend

Grady,

I also have enjoyed you posts over the years. I have the same fear and have been made. I have also learned to go high for a hug and after thinking I had evaded a potential frisking, as I backed a step and lowered my arms the lady dropped her arm down my sports coat landing square on the grip of my XD9sc. I was carrying in a CTAC. That is as hidden as it gets for a holster. She had a very funny look on her face. I will say most people see nothing. So keep carrying and so will I. Thanks again for your excellent posts.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the actual idea of concealed carry is that nobody sees anything...you cant really believe that you can walk around with over a pound of loaded firearm on your body and have personal contact with people without anyone ever feeling something unusual can you?...

i have had people place their had directly on my firearm before i had a chance to guard it and not react negatively to it...probably thinking they just landed on my cell phone on my belt...at the same time my wife seldom knows when i'm carrying at all and she is pretty critical of how clothes hang and what i am wearing...

i agree that the person who felt it was more curious about what kind of apparatus you may have been wearing for health or kink reasons more than suspecting you were wearing a firearm...

Grady,

A good read and reflection.
    Informational as well as educational.

We all who carry are just one touch away from being busted. :|

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I would think that carrying two guns lawfully is a lot different than pulling two guns criminally. Most (all?) legal carriers would never pull both out at the same time a la the attached pic. We legal guys have a second gun for one of the above mentioned circumstances.

Having your rig mistaken for a back brace is one thing. Having your wife not be able to explain the thing leads to all sorts of speculation. Just sayin'.
    Attached Images
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I've had people ask what was on my belt when they've seen the kydex clips for my tuckable IWB holster. I tell them its an emergency medical device, a standby heart pump. It's not a lie; I intend to use it to inject several doses of heart stopping hot lead medicine into the heart of anyone who attacks me, delivered in .40 caliber doses.

Grady,

I'm in St. Louis, and I know exactly what you're talking about. I too have doubled up on my carry pieces considering the recent uprise is violence here.
    Distributor Of Pain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links