Pa CCL Information - Page 2

Pa CCL Information

This is a discussion on Pa CCL Information within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by P95Carry Jason - yes PA is one of 17 states currently with legislation on the books for approval - to I sincerely ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Jason - yes PA is one of 17 states currently with legislation on the books for approval - to I sincerely hope achieve us our own Castle Doctrine and stand-your-ground.

As for a gun ''registered'' to a CCW specifiically - i must admit that was not something I had been aware of - ''registration'' really only being the paperwork filled out at purchase/transfer - darned near registration tho . I only carry one of my own guns so it is not a factor anyways - tho my wife carries one of mine but then the spousal deal covers that.

I think what QK means re #5 is - do not screw up, like brandishing, crazy stuff etc - cos if the permit revoked it may be near impossible to get reinstated. Pretty much common sense stuff really.

The tac' courses - well I forget who runs them but they are around 3 days, small group - LOT of range time which includes many aspects of CQC. I would not personally tend to recommend those however for anyone relatively very new to shooting and carry, reckoning that some experience in advance would help gain a greater benefit - plus they would cost about $300 IIRC, maybe more. I have no dates for this year.
    Well I'll be married in Oct so I'll be covered then and wont have anything to worry about,
    Yea $300 or so for a 3 day event isnt bad at all, I'd definately do that.... Though I'm kinda new to carrying a weapon I dont want you to get the impression im like some yuppy who said "hmm i want a gun" (I've seen quite a few of those people in local shops that dont even know how to shoot a gun let alone they want to carry one in public) *ahh*. My dad, with moms shagrin raised me up around guns, Ive been shooting probably since the age of 7 or so with the .22 and the last 5 years I've been heavy into my long guns and assault rifles. Now that im 21 ive been buying pistols like pez to a 6yr old, So I'm farily experienced, with guns just new to carry. If you can find some dates or a web-site for me id greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Jason
    "That one was rubber, The next one is live"

Administrator

Thumbs up

Yep, like one guy I knew that was so used to packing every single day and was going into the movie theater w/ his fiancée & without even thinking removed his holster & firearm on a busy street to lock it in the car trunk & some panicked lady saw him and called the cops and did a "Man With A Gun" on him.

Or another that was doing a "Mex Carry" (no holster) and his firearm hit the floor in the supermarket check out line.

Dumb things like that can cost you your LTC and it's almost impossible to get back once you get it taken from you.

Basically PA is Very Easy To Get...Very Easy to live with & carry every day & TOUGH to get back should you ever screw up.

Certain other items ARE prohibited...Do Not carry them. Your PA LTC does not cover them.
    Flat Saps - Brass Knucks - Double Edged Knives or Daggers - Switchblades - Collapsible Baton -

OC Spray is OK as are single edged "ordinary" knives.

Here is a link to a class in Hollidaysburg coming up in May. This class is a 2 day course starting May 24th. As far as I know it is still open for regestration.
    http://www.tacticalresponse.com/cour...tingpistol.php

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for that link Kid - I had forgotten the site URL. That was what I had wanted to remember earlier!

Last year they did an October course too but seems like this year not.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Ahh man its on a Wed. and Thur.... That sucks due to me having to save my vacation days to go on my honeymoon

Ohh btw, Do you know when you can use rubber rounds??? I just bought some ALS tech. Rounds. Granted it is a non-lethal rd but what kind of consiquences do they have when using, and can you use them say if somebody is breaking into your vehicle?

Administrator

No...You absolutely cannot shoot anybody with anything loaded into your firearm just for breaking into your vehicle.

Important: Your PA License To Carry A Firearm Concealed is intended for personal Self~Defense of your life, family, & innocent human beings if facing an immediate deadly threat that cannot be otherwise avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    No...You absolutely cannot shoot anybody with anything loaded into your firearm just for breaking into your vehicle.

Important: Your PA License To Carry A Firearm Concealed is intended for personal Self~Defense of your life, family, & innocent human beings if facing an immediate deadly threat that cannot be otherwise avoided.
    Thanks for the info, so what would the circumstances be when you would be able to use non-lethal over deadly force ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links