For those in South Carolina

This is a discussion on For those in South Carolina within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i am now worried. i sent off my CWP permit yesterday via Certified mail. And i just checked the tracking and it says there was ...

Thread: For those in South Carolina

i am now worried. i sent off my CWP permit yesterday via Certified mail. And i just checked the tracking and it says there was a notice left. Has anyone in SC that sent theirs off seen this when they checked it? im just wondering if this is normal or what, or if i need to call columbia tomorrow. Thanks
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

I'm not sure what "notice left" means, but someone drove through the Post Office lockbox area where Sled has it's PO Box Monday afternoon, so it could be just a temporary thing until repairs are done. I'd check with the Post office and get clarification.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

i sent mine express mail via usps about 3 weeks ago, it was guranteed by usps to be in columbia by noon the next day, it was like 13$, my tracking said accepted that very next day
    NRA Member
    US Concealed Carry Member
    SC GrassRoots Member
    American Criminal Justice Association Member
    Glock 23
    Taurus PT709SS

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I would check to see what "notice left" means. I think it means when they tried to deliver it no one was available to sign for it so they left a notice. I'm just guessing........ but I would check with post office.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

i don't know about what the notice thing means but i hope it gets thier, i just mine back on monday it took about 75 days maybe less to get mine

Still waiting...

Hopefully you won't get the false hopes of seeing a big manila envelope in the mail addressed from SLED like I did a week after you sent in your package...

Mine was returned for illegible fingerprints... had them redone and resent package... still waiting.

Hot Damn, called SLED a few minutes ago and my CWP was issued today so it should be otw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mailed it on Oct 29 it was recieved by sled Oct 30th and issued Jan 21....hopefully i'll recieve it by monday!!!!!!
    NRA Member
    SC GrassRoots Member
    Glock 23
    Taurus PT709SS

Quote Originally Posted by USNma03 View Post
    Hot Damn, called SLED a few minutes ago and my CWP was issued today so it should be otw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mailed it on Oct 29 it was recieved by sled Oct 30th and issued Jan 21....hopefully i'll recieve it by monday!!!!!!
    Glad its on the way

Congrats...

Around 83 days and under the SLED 90 day waiting period!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum13 View Post
    i am now worried. i sent off my CWP permit yesterday via Certified mail. And i just checked the tracking and it says there was a notice left. Has anyone in SC that sent theirs off seen this when they checked it? im just wondering if this is normal or what, or if i need to call columbia tomorrow. Thanks
    Since Monday was a federal holiday and most state offices were closed, that may very well be why a notice was left.

I was sent this today and I will share it with you because it was sent with the expectation that I would.

Over the last year and a half SLED has worked to try and improve the speed with which we process CWP applications. As you are aware South Carolina saw a dramatic increase in CWP applications over that time period while SLED also has had to absorb 30%+ budget cuts. Those cuts have delayed some of our projects to automate the CWP process to make it more efficient and decrease customer turn-around time. Unfortunately part of our on-going usage of 1970s - early 1980s COBOL main frame system requires that we rely on individuals for data entry purposes.

Todd Hagins
    General Counsel - SLED

Now... I work for a state agency too in that I work for a State Supported University so I know all about the effects of the cuts. And look at how far behind they were on their Computer system! So.. well...

I'll be recieving mine in a little less than 90days so I'm not complaining at all!!!

Its a early b-day present since my bday is feb 10th, might pick up a para worthog to add to my arsenal too, local gun shop has a excellent used one for less than 1/2 of new retail
    NRA Member
    SC GrassRoots Member
    Glock 23
    Taurus PT709SS

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Sponsored Links